1. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

What's YOUR personality?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lea`Brooks, May 20, 2015.

So I recently took a Meyers-Briggs personality test. And I got INFJ! Apparently, it's the rarest of the personality types, and I couldn't believe how accurate it was for me. I tried to make my husband read the entire description (yanno.. so he'd understand me a little better :p)... but he wouldn't. lol He won't take it either, which makes me sad.

So I thought it'd be fun to share it with you! :D It's fairly short, though the results are incredibly long. I'm so glad I took it, because it really helped me even understand myself a little more.

A little about INFJs:
    What's YOUR type? :D

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

3. Kingtype

4. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

INTP

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

5. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

INFJ-A

6. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

INTP.

Predicting most of us here are IN__, this being a writers' forum after all.

7. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

ESFJ

"Few personality types are as practical and caring as ESFJs. Known for their social and administrative skills, ESFJs are good at creating and maintaining a secure, stable and friendly environment for themselves and their loved ones. ESFJs' dedication is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

Yet ESFJs can be easily tripped up in areas where their kindness and practical approach are more of a liability than an asset. Whether it is finding (or keeping) a partner, learning to relax or improvise, reaching dazzling heights on the career ladder, or managing their workload, ESFJs need to put in a conscious effort to develop their weaker traits and additional skills."

8. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    GingerCoffee likes this.
  9. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

Lance Schukies, Mckk and daemon like this.
  10. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Well it would be blind if not idiot to fully follow the results of an internet's personality test without backup of some serious study by competent authorities in the field.
    Regardless is still fun and a way to kill time

Lilly James Haro likes this.
  11. Kingtype

I concur.

Concur indeed.

I don't think any test internet or not can fully a measure a person most of all with out any.....well people around who competent in that field but still fun to take and see how close the results match. Mine were pretty dead on XD

Though might be fun to take again in a couple months and see if it scores different

12. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

I didn't fill this out in a few years... let's see

*Takes test*

PERSONALITY: INTP ("THE LOGICIAN")
    VARIANT: ASSERTIVE
    ROLE: ANALYST

13. Sheadra

Sheadra Member

http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
    INFP PERSONALITY (“THE MEDIATOR”)
    INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

14. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Quick! Is this a description of my MBPT or my astrology sign?
    Trick question! It's my bloodtype!

15. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

When you strip away the questionnaire and the labeling system, you are left with some interesting and convincing ideas about psychology. Namely, the abstraction of cognitive functions.

When I say "I am INTP", I do not mean "I took a questionnaire on the internet that said I am INTP, so I guess that is my identity now." I mean "Of the cognitive functions that Carl Jung identified, I seem to prefer introverted thinking, with extroverted intuition second. I have also taken several MBTI tests online and all but one of them said I am INTP (the other said INTJ). The INTP profiles I have read describe me better than any of the other profiles, followed very closely by the INTJ profiles."

Plus, it helps to, you know, actually understand the evidence you cite against something before you cite it. Those 50% of people who got a different result after retaking the test -- which test did they take? And most importantly, how far off were their results the second time? There are as many ways to test 1 letter off as there are ways to test 3 letters off.

Example:

INTP -> ENTP, ISTP, INFP, INTJ
    INTP -> ISFJ, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESFP

So did as many people score 3 letters off as scored 1 letter off? Is there really nothing at all to their original result, or was it just slightly off due to the test taker not really understanding a question that tipped the result slightly over the edge?

Anyway, you are right that the MBTI has no clinical value because a psychologist has better tools available. There is no reason to put faith in its results. I would not want to go to a career counselor who uses it to make significant recommendations or be put on a team that is assembled using the members' MBTI types. But these dismissive criticisms that judge a complex idea by the worst ways people apply the idea (and judging by the same few repeated pieces of evidence) are getting annoying.

Megalith, Sheadra and BayView like this.
  16. jen_writer

jen_writer Member

INFP
    I find it fairly accurate although I couldn't answer all the questions but of course I don't take much stock in a quiz like this as there's more ot people than these questiosn

17. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

INTJ. I'm always INTJ.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the description definitely fits me.

18. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

I don't think Myers and Briggs were in the career-consulting business. It's not the test's fault if people use it for something it wasn't intended for. Also, some versions now have small-initial designators (e.g., iNFj) to account for variance within the specrum. In that example we might expect to see that, at times, they might be an eNFj or iNFp. I don't see a problem with the test since they are fundamental variables -- as are the big five too. If people want to get carried away about the significance and distinctiveness of 16 categories, that's their problem.

Sheadra likes this.
  19. Masked Mole

Masked Mole Senior Member

ENFJA-I don't agree with everything they said about me, but some of it is accurate.

20. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I've taken the test many, many times. I first took it in high school, for a fun class activity. Then I actually had to take it again via the guidance counselor to help determine what career would be best for me. lol Everyone had to do it, and I found it a bit odd, but I did it.

I've always gotten different results, with mild variations. I'm pretty sure I used to be INFP? I can't remember. Whichever one is the "Mediator" or "Counselor." I was always the helping type, and they never quite fit me. I always answered how I thought I was though, not how I actually was.

The point of this wasn't the define anyone and say they should live their life by the test. I just thought it would be fun. My personal results were incredibly accurate and described me perfectly. They may not be 100% accurate for everyone else, but again... This was just intended to be fun, hence why it's in the "Entertainment" section.

Seems most of us are pretty similar though. :p

21. Gawler

Gawler Senior Member

Australia via Hawaii via Australia via England
    I got ENTP and it is fairly accurate. Like all psychology tests the results can change depending on your circumstances and moods when you take the test.

22. NigeTheHat

NigeTheHat Contributor Contributor

INTJ. Much like @BayView, I've never had one of these tell me anything else.

Slight tangent: If anyone's interested in learning cold-reading style writing, some of these descriptions are a good place to start. It's not quite horoscope-level, but some of these are pretty good generic descriptions that anyone can relate to.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  23. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I just took the test, and came up with ESFJ-A. However, while taking the test, I was so aware that many of the questions were not really answerable, because the answer would be different based on circumstances. Do I value truth over feelings in a debate? A debate about what? If we're debating favorite styles of room decoration, I'll probably defer to 'feelings' and not push a point too far. However, if we're debating the safety of nuclear power, I would definitely come down on the side of truth. So many questions were imprecise in this kind of thing. I found myself answering 'neutral' when in fact, the truth would be 'sometimes a strong yes, sometimes a strong no ...depends on the circumstances.'

Then there are the questions centred around whether or not you like to try new things, versus cling to the old ones. Well, yes, I like to try new things ...but that doesn't mean I want to keep reinventing the wheel, or believe that new is always best. (Constantly changing computer interfaces that essentially do the same thing as before ...grrrr ...don't get me started....)

My result. Hammmmm. No, it's not really me.

PiP likes this.
  24. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Personality: ENTP ("The Debater")
    Variant: Assertive
    Role: Analyst

Hmmm...

25. Sheadra

Sheadra Member

I've found these tests to be highly interesting in that they expose changes and moods in myself. I've taken a few different versions, and the lay out and methods provided to give an answer have a *small* effect on my score in particular. Depending on my mood the first letter will change, in fact this is the first time I had such a high percentage in the I preference (11% as oppsed to prior tests of 1 or 2%). I imagine this is reflective of how withdrawn I've felt.

I also find that the older I get, the easier it is to answer for how I really am, not what I think I should be, aim to be, or wish I was. It's easier for me to admit now that I'm not the extrovert I felt I was when I lived in a tiny town and did everything with all the people I'd spent my whole life with.

No, I'm not living my life a different way because of the test, but it is remarkable how much resonated with me. The fact that there are results like this mean that there really are people out there more similar to me than I had thought. That's kind of comforting, actually.

Lea`Brooks likes this.