1. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

The Wolfram Language... The Future is Awesome...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JJ_Maxx, Mar 3, 2014.

Just watched this video and personally found this wicked cool. Such a smart language that connects the dots for you and is completely linked into everything else. I reckon a platform like this will be running everywhere in the world in the future. Amazing.

What do you think?

Andrae Smith likes this.
  2. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Impressive! Totally beyond me, as far as how and why it works, but still really cool. I know enough to understand the terminology and I can slightly visualize the way it works, which is why it's impressive. I'm sure someone with more programming experience can appreciate it that much more.

3. Andrae Smith

What surprises me is that Google did not beat him too it with how quickly they are advancing.

4. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Just the way it seamlessly interacts between things like math, history, geography, the Internet and all in plain language with the ability to use standard voice commands. So it can completely parse something like:

"What is the square root of the distance in inches between New York City and my oldest friend on Facebook, multiplied by the amount of calories in a large coffee, divided by the number of colors in the flag of the country with the most Nickelback fans."

Really amazing.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  5. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

That is cool, and I know nothing about technology and I don't care to, despite my love of using it.

JJ_Maxx likes this.
  6. Andrae Smith

I spent a 1 and 1/2 semesters in programming with Java, so I understand a little bit. It's fascinating that he was able to create a language that is so easily accessible. Something like this could really change not only the way programmers work, but who is able to program. If this language system can be learned, then people will be able to take much larger leaps in advancement simply from having so much knowledge/information accumulated and built into the language itself.

7. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

All I learned was from the "hour of code" thingy.

8. Andrae Smith

Programming is some of the most fascinating and frustrating work out there. I love hearing about new technology because I now have a small context to put it in. But never in my life will I go back towards software engineering. :mad: