The World Ends With Us

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marloy

Marloy New Member

"What do you think we should do?" he asked.

"I have no idea." I said, and looked at the sign that read 'Central St. Entrance'. I still didn't know where that was. But, if there were more players around, I wanted to talk to them and see if they knew what was going on.

"Let's go in there." I said, inching toward the entrance.

2. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Tyre nodded and the two began to walk down the street towards the sign directing them towards Central St. and began to make there way through another bustling sidewalk and street crossings.

While walking Tyre started to think about the game again. In a game, there should be a set of rules and guidelines and, if this were the game he expected it to be, every character should have a set of abilities to continue the game, especially if the players were to fight off more of those creatures that had attacked them. It would surely explain his abnormal speed, and maybe that little incident with Adison's phone.

"You think we have powers?", he asked.

3. Marloy

Marloy New Member

He agreed and together we strode down the street through the crowd for the entrance. There were thankfully no more monsters at the moment.

He asked me if I supposed we had acquired magical powers.

"I'm guessing so. People don't normally run so fast and start fires from nowhere."

I looked on as we were almost at the entrance.

"Or maybe fire just randomly shoots from the walls in Hell."

If we were dead, I was still thinking too rational to believe that we were in a game, even with the crazy things that were happening. It sounded too far-fetched to say we were in game, like one of those Hollywood movies I'd never watched. Maybe that guy talking was Satan, and the reapers were just demons trying to play with our heads.

"Think we're in Hell?" I asked as we got closer.

4. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Adison asked Tyre if he thought they were in hell but he shook his head and kepted walking.

"If this were hell we'd probably be on fire or something and wishing we were nothing. I'm guessing we're...in between. Like we've been taken out of life and death and placed in a middleground where we are on the brink of being both dead or alive...like a ghost or something"

Walking into a crowded plaza the two came to a sign which read "AMX, Advanced Gear" and a store in the direction the sign pointed. The store looked a little out of the ordinary compared to the surrounding stores and sort of stood out. Maybe it was one of those places set up in the game to help players.

Tyre turned to Adison and pointed to the AMX store .

"That place looks a bit odd don't you think? Maybe we can gather some things there."

5. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

"Being erased would be awful though. I think we should form some kind of plan," said Amelia. Rob nodded his head in agreement. He definitely wanted to go back, be alive. Yet there was something so alluring about this power, so much so that he maybe would have stayed here forever if there wasn't a risk of being erased.
    "You can say that again hon. I am sure as hell I don't wanna be erased. We're gettin' back hon and that's a promise."

6. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I grinned and looked around for directions.
    "If we're planning to fight evil guys here, we need to know where we are."
    I sighed and then looked a little higher above me. There was a 'Welcome to the city' board and I realized that we were at the corner of the city. I then walked around, making sure Rob followed, looking for any landmarks to tell me where we really were.
    "Statue of Hachiko."
    I spoke out loud and then daunted at the legendary statue.
    "This looks amazing."

7. ValianceInEnd

Rob looked at the statue. He had seen it in pictures on internet sites. He knew it quite well. It was truly impressive, almost breath taking to see it. Rob took in a deep sigh and looked down at the ground and mopped his hair.
    "It truly is a sight to see," he looked over at Amelia, "But I don't wanna stick in one place to long. Let's keep moving."
    He began walking over toward a crossing not to far away.

8. Charisma

I joined him as he strutted ahead. The crossing was empty at this time, but I had heard it is often populated.
    "We should be faster here, because seems to be the luck may not last."
    I used gusts of wind to blow him ahead, and flew a little myself. We grinned as we passed over the crossing, and then had to decide between a store, some weird building and the city mains.
    "I think we should go to the mains. A store is a good place too, but I have a feeling we might have company."
    I gasped as a creature was seen lurking around the store.

9. ValianceInEnd

Rob looked at the store, a bright shiny place of technology. A video game guzzler in life, Rob wanted more then ever to see that store, and perhaps it had useful things in it. He mopped his hair as he noticed a large lion was prowling about in front of the store. He sighed.
    "Well damn it. I think there's got to be something useful at that store. I think we can take that lion," he looked at his hands, remembering the strength they now had. He looked over at Amelia, "You've got wind, I've got muscle. I don't think a little pussycat can stop us from some window shoppin'. Let's go," he said as he began jogging toward the store.

10. Charisma

I sighed and followed Rob into the store, scratching my back as I did so. The store was flashy, and once inside, I felt much more confident. My joys tripled as I saw pink coats and other funky items in the front.
    "Oh, you have a great mind, you know."
    I then heard a green cat roaring as though it had been beaten up not so long ago. I smiled and didn't give it much thought. Yet.

11. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Tyre turned to Adison and pointed to the AMX store.

"That place looks a bit odd don't you think? Maybe we can gather some things there."

I looked at the AMX store, it did look somewhat odd. Nodding in agreement to his request, I followed him as we made our way to the store.

12. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Jaimie sat in the back of the AMX store, curiously watching two Players enter.

These are the ones who I need to keep an eye one, she thought. She would be greatly rewarded if she could defeat these guys. But she knew she couldn't attack in the store. H had thought it a wonderful idea to slap decal posters on every store, making them accessible to the Players and Reapers alike. So the people inside could see the Players...and the Noise, which was why it was forbidden to create Noise inside a store. As long as the Players didn't find that out, Jaime was fine.

But as soon as they left, she would strike.

13. BluePaladin

BluePaladin New Member

Name (Last, First M.): Raine, Cory
    Hometown: Rahway, New Jersey
    Race: White
    Languages (obviously English): Japanese

Hair Color/Style: Midnight blue, short and messy (comes down to the top of his ears)
    Eyes: Pewter grey
    Height: 5' 10''
    Weight: 150 lbs
    Clothing: Navy blue button-up shirt (unbuttoned with white tee underneath), grey shorts, black sneakers

Overview of personality: Kind, though a little standoffish; very curious; prefers to take action as opposed to "waiting and seeing"
    Hobbies: Martial arts, video games
    Dislikes: Arrogance and ignorance

How did he die?: Family was in a car accident; a drunk driver came from the side and crushed the back of the car, where he and his little sister were sitting. She was unharmed, but for his entry fee...

What did he give up?: His sister's life. She has fallen into a mysterious coma (induced by the Conductor); winning means she comes out of it, losing means she dies.

Powers:
    Lv2 Healing Others: The character can heal broken bones and diseases on others.
    Lv1 Spear fighting: The character finds a spear next to them when they wake up and they can use it.
    Lv2 Intelligence: The character is “gifted”.

14. BluePaladin

BluePaladin New Member

The truck plowed through with a deafening crash. The little minivan spun a full 180 and slid several feet down the road before it finally came to a stop. Mr. Raine immediately whirled around to the back seat. "Are you all... right..."

Michelle sat there in shock, staring at the gruesome spectacle in the seat next to her, until she finally let out a bloodcurdling scream.

"CORYYYYY!"

--------

I was in a completely white room. I couldn't tell if the walls were white, or if the room simply continued on into an empty infinity in every direction. There were only two things in the room: myself, and the guy with the shades. He was standing there, looking at me (or maybe his eyes were closed?), his mouth a tight line on his face. He was clearly concerned about something.

Myself, I was concerned about how the hell I got here. One second the side of the car was rushing in to meet me, and the next...

The car!

"Michelle!"

My sudden outburst startled the shaded man out of his reverie. A cocky smirk immediately flashed onto his face. "Don't worry, Player, your sister survived. You were the only casualty."

Somehow, I felt he was telling the truth. Until that second sentence finally registered. "What do you mean, casualty?! I'm standing right here! And why did you call me a Player? And who the hell are you, and where is 'here' anyway?"

The guy sighed and brushed back his hair. The smirk remained.

"My name is Megumi Kitaniji. This is the Underground, or UG, a realm existing between the Real Ground, also known as the world of the living, and oblivion. You have been chosen to participate in the Reaper's Game..."

I was in a car crash, and then I was suddenly teleported to an infinite room. Pretty hard to doubt that I was, indeed, in some sort of afterlife. I listened carefully as he explained the rules. Seemed to me "erased" meant my spirit would be destroyed in some way. But the chance to return to life was tempting. And I'd always wanted to go to Shibuya, though I would have prefered more... pleasant circumstances.

"However, your entry was somewhat... unexpected. You see, we already started the Game before you died: however, we have an odd number of Players. The Composer felt that everybody should be given the opportunity to partner with somebody and have a chance of surviving. So, instead of participating in next week's Game, you'll be joining immediately. I'll be taking your entry fee now."

I knew there'd be a catch.

"Entry fee? How am I supposed to give you something if I'm dead?"

His expression didn't change, but I had a feeling the eyes behind those shades had taken on a very sinister look.

"Every Player's entry fee is the thing they value most. In your case, that's your sister." He snapped his fingers, and something appeared in his right hand. "This is your sister's soul. She's in a coma now. Win, and you get your entry fee back. Lose, and you lose your entry fee forever."

"Wait!" I shouted. I couldn't let this happen! "Can't I refuse to play? I died! She lived! What if I don't want to change that?"

Either I was seeing things, or that smirk got even wider.

"Normally, yes. But it is the Composer's will that you participate in this Game, and he cannot be denied."

He raised his other hand and snapped his fingers, and everything went dark.

(This is already really long, and I don't want to make it a triple post, so I'll enter Shibuya once somebody else posts.) ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Tyre walked with Adison towards the AMX store. Once inside, he noticed that there were two other people inside the store that looked a bit out of the ordinary like himself and Adison.

He raised an eyebrow and stared at the two strangers for a second before giving Adison a cautious look and walked down an aisle of foreign antiques and weaponry. If he and Adison were to survive in this place they'd be smart to be armed.

16. ValianceInEnd

Rob put his hand out toward Amelia to stop her from walking. He looked at her intently and put his finger up in the "Be Quiet" sign. Moving steadily forward, he grabbed what appeared to be a sub-machine gun from one of the racks. Slowly, he armed it and then began to walk forward. He checked that Amelia was behind him, then peeked around the corner of one of the aisles. There were two people standing looking at swords. Rob jumped out from around the corner and yelled, "Alright, freeze! Who the hell are you two?" he said, the gun pointed at them menacingly.

17. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Tyre gave a surprised jump, not because a gun was pointed at him and Adison, but because this stranger had interacted with them aside from the others.

"You...can see us?", Tyre asked.

He looked at Adison with a raised eyebrow. So they weren't alone here like the voice said.

18. ValianceInEnd

Rob looked at them confusedly, then lowered his gun. He realized just how phenomenal it was that they could interact with each other.
    "Jesus Christ! I did that out of impulse, not realizing that you might not have noticed me. This means we're not alone! This is good news man, good news!" Rob smiled as wide as he could, then mopped his hair, "Ummm, oh yeah. My name's Rob, and this here's Amelia. You?"

19. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Edit

20. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Tyre stared at the hand for a moment and slowly reached out and shook it.

"Hi...wow, don't take this the wrong way...but I can touch you", he joked.

Tyre looked at Adison again as she waved her hand in the stranger, who's name was Rob, and looked back at him.

"I'm Tyre...I think", he greeted.

21. Marloy

Marloy New Member

I woke out of my trance put my hand away.

"Adison's the name.."

22. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Tyre smiled. He and Adison weren't alone anymore and he began to wonder how many others like them were out there in this city, ghost fighting for their life back.

"So, Rob. You must be....dead, too...right?", Tyre asked.

23. Jinx1115

Jinx1115 New Member

Personal Info
    Name (Last, First M.): Neveah L. Tyn
    Hometown: New York City
    Race: 1/4 Japanese 1/4 English 1/2 American
    Languages (obviously English): English and Japanese

Appearance
    Hair Color/Style (since this is based off a video game, unnatural colors and styles are allowed): She has silky black hair that falls down her back
    Eyes: Left=Green & Right=Blue
    Height: 5.7"
    Weight: 105
    Clothing: She wears light blue Jeans with a lot of rips and a Black (White Polka Dotted) Tank Top that's tied around her neck. She wears a White Headband and has an eyebrow, tongue and belly button ring.

Personality
    Overview of personality: She's a very brave and funky girl. She's a Newly Adult as her birthday was one day before her death but she still acts like a Teenager. She's really imature and snobby and tends to be mean to everyone that messes with her plans.
    Hobbies: Skateboard, Soccer, Drawing, Guitar
    Likes: Music, Art, Peircings, Roller Coasters, Skateboard, Soccer
    Dislikes:Pink, Blood, her mother, people that get in her way

Special
    How did they die?: Neveah was murdered by her Ex-boyfriend. They had gotten in a fight that night and broken up. When Neveah had been driving home from his Apartement he had fallowed her and murdered her as she got out of her car, in the middle of her's and her brother's house.
    What did they give up?: Nev gave up the only remaining family member she had left. Her 25 year-old brother.
    Powers:
    Lv2: The character can manipulate fire and heat around them.
    Lv1: The character is slightly stronger than the average human. They probably lift weights or play sports.
    Lv1: The character can hover above the ground for a bit.
    Lv1: The character can heal small cuts and bruises on themselves.

24. Kratos

Kratos New Member

"This has gone on long enough," muttered Jaime. She stretched, yawned, and gave a deep sigh.

Kariya glanced at his partner.

"What are you planning?"

Jaime gave a wide grin. "I'm going to erase them all."

The Reaper rose her hands in the air and shuddered. Suddenly, she split, and five Jaimes were cackling with glee. Each flew off in a different direction, ready to devour the Players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.