The Z-Well Saga: Mandala

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pheonix, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

James

"Co** **nder. The is Su* **anna. Com** **n, *ir."

James head jerked up as he heard the static coming through his comm. He could barely make it out, to much static, the rock was interfering with the signal. But he could tell it was Susanna.

"Susanna, can you hear me Suzy!" he tried. Up on the top, all they heard was a brief crack of static. "If you can hear me, we're all alive down here! What's your status?"

---------

"That was a reply!" Garcia exclaimed. "I can't make out anything they said, there must be to much interference, but they're trying to reply!" Garcia thought for a moment, then said, "Gimme the radio! I have an idea!" Then he snatched the radio from Suzy and started tapping the send button, rythmically.

--------

"just static." James said, shaking his head, listening to the static coming over the radio.

"I guess all we can do is keep mov-" Jacob suddenly stopped. "That isn't just static, that's code..." James listened to the noise coming over the radio, Jacob was right, there was a pattern to it. He scrambled around on the ground for a moment, then found a rock and started making scratches on the floor, lines and dots.

"My Morse code is rusty..." he confessed as he scratched out the dots and lines. Then he looked it over, the radio had paused for a moment, then started over. "They're asking if we're all okay!" James then took his radio, and after thinking for a moment, he started making a reply.

--------

"They're all right, no one's hurt," Garcia said as he listened to the code coming across the radio. "But there's no way back up, so they're trying to find another exit from the cave system. In the meanwhile, I think out best bet is to head to that section of the city," he said, pointing to the part of the city that was built up to the mountains. "There might be a water plant there or something that's feeding off of the underground river, it's the only thing I can think of."

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Oh yes, let's go towards the giant alien city, becuase you know they were so welcoming last time." Gale scoffed. " swear you people are going to get us killed." Gale stormed off towards the direction they had decided on grumbling.

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Essie Truett

Essie took a deep breath as she surveyed their current situation...and eavesdropped. Squinting, she looked out at the horizon that Garcia had indicated. The captivating scenery reminded her of her own home planet, so still and beautiful, as if it's very foundation could never be shaken. How wrong she had been.

As she scanned the rugged mountain range, she noticed the distinct drop of rock, jutting out near the city. It was peculiar...as if the founders had built the city there for an unknown purpose.

"I think out best bet is to head to that section of the city," he said, pointing to the part of the city that was built up to the mountains. "There might be a water plant there or something that's feeding off of the underground river, it's the only thing I can think of."

"Sounds good to me," Essie said her gaze remaining on the mountains. "Do you think there might be another cave in those close mountains? Linked to the other cave somehow?"

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Suzy

"There might be a water plant there or something that's feeding off of the underground river, it's the only thing I can think of." Garcia said.

"Garcia. You never cease to amaze me." Suzy shook her head and began walking in the direction Garcia pointed out. "Alright people. Stay together. We have no idea what we're going to find in this place so be prepared for anything."

"And lets hope the aliens in this city are nicer than the ones from earlier." Doc piped in as he hitched the pack on his back a little higher.

5. Pheonix

James, Four, Jacob and Shield, carrying the still knocked out Kate started making their way down the underground river bank, working with what little light they had.

It was quiet deep underground, and they hadn't seen any more alien creatures trying to kill them. So in other words, things were going well.

James move up to Shield. "Hey, I know things have been tough, are you alright?" he asked. "I can't say that I'm exactly optimistic that they'll get better. But one thing I know, if we lose it now, it for sure won't get better. You follow me?"

---------------------

Meanwhile on the surface, they were getting close to the city. They'd stuck to the mountain side and were working their way nearer and nearer to the outstretched wing of the city.

Still, just out of their sight behind them there was the silver cylinder, trailing them, transmitting.

As the day wore on, they kept in occasional contact via Morse code with those trapped underground, but it was spotty at best. The rock kept interfering with the signals.

"We should probably make camp soon," Garcia said, seeing the light from the star sinking behind the giant gas giant, bathing everything in an odd blue glow again.

6. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Captain Leonard Burns 'Shield'

“I’m alright, commander.” Shield said quietly. “It’s just be a long... long couple of days.” The sigh collapsed his shoulders, and the weight of their situation sat heavy. He had never been one to become so fried, but intensity of all these events had eroded him. But he needed to suck it up, and quick. Captain Leonard ‘Shield’ Burns had always shrugged off all situation, and carried and supported the team whenever he could; now was not going to be any different.

“Hand me the girl, I can carry her on my own.” He stood tall, hulking over the rest and just fitting in the tunnel. “That will free the rest of you up, now go see what’s up ahead.”

7. Pheonix

"You won't hear an argument from me," Jacob said, then handed Kate over to Shield. "Commander, want me to take a look ahead?"

"Yeah, I'll go with you," James replied. "Shield, you and Four hang back. I'll radio if we find anything." Then he and Jacob started moving up ahead.

"So, you think we'll get out of this, or we just gonna end up spelunking to our doom?" Jacob asked when they were up a little ways.

"Spelunking? That's a big word for you isn't it?" James replied. Trying to avoid giving his honest opinion.

"Hey, I'm much more educated than you might think," Jacob replied. "But seriously commander... I'm sorry that I took that shot, that's what started all this."

"You did what you thought was best, and I'm not going to reprimand you for that. Just, try and think a little more next time," James said. He and Jacob had known each other for a long time, and for as long as he'd known him, Jacob had been impulsive. But he was always on his toes and had saved the squad more times than James could count. Despite his apparent lack of planning, he got results, and right now, that's all they could ask for.

"Hey, I think I see light up ahead," Jacob said suddenly, then drew his pistol.

"You're right," James said, seeing the pale blue light filtering in ahead. He too drew his gun, then moved forward carefully. As they got closer to the light, they could hear the sounds of machinery. Finally, they reached the source, and found a grating that the water ran through, feeding into an industrial looking complex.

"Radio Shield and Four. It looks like we just found our way out." James said.

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Suzy and Doc

"We should probably make camp soon," Garcia said, seeing the light from the star sinking behind the giant gas giant, bathing everything in an odd blue glow again.

A few minutes later the group had found and adequate spot with enough mountain to block the wind and provide protection at their backs. Suzy sighed tiredly as she dropped her pack on the ground. She wanted to keep searching and get to the city as soon as possible but she knew they would be of no help to the commander and the others if they were dropping dead from exhaustion.

Doc probably made the loudest groan as he dropped to his seat and threw off his pack. He looked as if he was about to make a joke but then his face became serious. It wasn't hard to tell he was thinking about all the lives that had been lost on the Ecthellion. "Wonder if anyone else from the fleet survived."

9. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Kate suddenly began to speak while she slept, first it was nonsense random mumblings about pei or cake. Cute nonsensical things with no consequence.

"Cat's...cake, yummy." and then she went back to snoring. It was cute, but in time it took a dark turn. Kate began to make worried maybe even frightned faces, occasionally a limb would spring up as if she were trying to stop some monster.

"No...stop, I beg you." Then silence for a little while.

"gone, all gone.........dead." And then finally. "We, can't....I...but...to eat hi-" Then she woke with a start. She stared at all of their faces as they stared at her, then she sprung to her feet and with her usual goofy smile she greeted them. "Hey guys, what's happening?"

10. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Jina Carter

Ugh . . . what happened? Jina regained consciousness as a dull pain throbbed somewhere in her wrists and ankles. Tied up? Groaning, she shifted her weight only to feel something sharp prick the back of her neck. Stiffening, her body suddenly became acutely aware of the rough floor beneath her and the darkness tinted by an occasional blue glow. Memories of the crash came rushing back, and she gritted her teeth as panic threatened to overwhelm her. I've been captured!

Something moved near her, and Jina resisted the urge to thrash and try to escape her bonds when something with the skeletal structure similar to that of a human's crouched next to her. Other than is backward hind-legs and bluish hide, it may have very well passed for a man with the dim lighting hiding most of its features. But with its talons placed precisely along her trachea, Jina knew better than to think that it didn't know it was the one in power. Intelligence came even with some animals that she had kept as pets, so she quickly rounded up the alien's IQ to equal that of hers, if not better.

Struggling to swallow, Jina's throat felt dry and cracked, and she wrestled the urge to panic down as her heart hammered wildly in her chest.

"W-What do you want with me?" she rasped.

The alien looked at her for a moment, then stood up, making a clicking noise. It opened a round door and stepped through. As the door closed, it turned back and looked at her, it's violet eyes catching the light from outside for a moment.

"The Game Masters will be pleased," was all it said, then the door closed, leaving Jina in darkness.

11. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Four

Four appeared just behind James, swaying slightly where he stood. His jaw was clenched and his eyes hard, but nonetheless he remained alert, constantly scanning the area. "With all due respect, sir, I don't believe you've found a way out, but rather a way in."