The Z-Well Saga: Mandala

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pheonix, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Heavy foot steps were heard coming towards the room. The door blasted opened and in stepped a newcomer. He was tall.....really tall the guy was at least a shade under 6/8. He had very wide and innocent eyes, his skin bronzed as if he spent a lot of time in the sun and his brown hair neatly shaven. His military jumpsuit was slightly dirty and his wide green eyes looked lost. He had face that looked like he came from a holsome farm family. He had a massive gun strapped to his back and based on his height and muscle most would draw the conclusion it wasn't a problem for him to handle that weapon.

He had piece of slightly ripped paper in his hand. The tall man smiled happily and skipped over to Suzy. He looked at the paper and then started to speak. "Are you Cap-a-tan Jam-es." He said as he seemed to be struggling to read the paper.

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Suzy

The tall man smiled happily and skipped over to Suzy. He looked at the paper and then started to speak. "Are you Cap-a-tan Jam-es."
    Suzy glanced up at him. He was extremely tall, and had a gun almost twice the size of her grenade launcher strapped to his back. She looked over at James with a look that said, 'where are you getting these guys?' Then she replied, "No. You want that guy there." She nodded her head to James who was directly across from her.

3. Kingtype

Cucumber looked at James and then turned back and looked at Suzy. He did this about three more times before speaking again to the girl. "Oh.......that guy?" He said pointing at James. "You said him right?" He asked curiously. He then leaned close to Suzy. "I hope its not him. He does not look for nice." Cucumber said in a very loud whisper. Cucumber was very scared of mean people. He tended to get on mean's people nerves. It was also scary when people yelled. Mostly mean people yelled.

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

James

"Sorry, sir! However, I cannot help but advise caution, sir! Her behaviors and appearance strongly advocate for suspicion, sir!"

"At ease Four." James said when Four stiffened up and went to attention. "Go back to the infirmary, because like I said, you're in a drug induced stupor. We can talk later." James shook his head.

"Are you Cap-a-tan Jam-es." James turned to see the giant struggling to read the paper. This was a strange night.

"It's Commander actually." He said, sounding a little sharper than he intended. James usually was very easy going, but... he'd already had to deal with a psychotic new squad mate, several people with suspicions of spies, and a disgruntled janitor, all within the last half hour. Now there appeared to be a halfwit looking for him. Wonderful. "What can I do or you?"

5. Kingtype

Cucumber turned and looked at James with wide eyes. "My teacher sent me to you. He said it was very important that I get sent to a Captain that could handle me and he also said it was important that I never, ever, ever comeback to his unit again." Cucumber said cheerfully. He was so excited this was only his second month in space camp and he was already with an entire new group of friends. "My name is Pete but everyone calls me Privates Cucumber, don't know why though." He said shrugging.

6. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Susanna Elliot

"My name is Pete but everyone calls me Privates Cucumber, don't know why though." He said shrugging.
    Suzy nearly choked on her black licorice and her laugh came out like a snort. Then suddenly her face was calm again and she continued staring at her cards. Though, inwardly she was still lauging. Good luck with the idiot, James.

A yawn suddenly passed her lips. She looked at the watch on her wrist, it was getting late. Even for her. "Well, thankyou for the butt-wooping, Jacob, James, Doc." She glared mainly at Jacob who was smiling like an idiot. "I'm going to get some rest. Something tells me that tommorrow is going to be hectic." She stood gathered what remained of her credit chips and walked out of the room.

7. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Essie Truett

Thankfully, the guy had let up his grip on her neck and was occupied with one of the other men. When he was removed from her, she had loosened her grip on the innocent cup, putting it back where it belonged unharmed. Essie gave a sigh of relief as she massaged the bruised area; not bruised from the previous man but from another. A bad memory...

"Westbrook! You killed ten of our men. What punishment should I give our little Princess? Time out?"

"My sincere apologies, sir. The soldiers came too close to the barrier. There was nothing I could..."

Gripping her neck, he had thrown her against the wall like a ragdoll. Once, twice, three times. His grip had grown as he squeezed tighter, soon constricting her of breath. She remembered it all; her heart slowing, lungs burning, vision dimming...

"You b****! You do realize I could kill you right now," His rough stubble had touched her cheek like needles. "But I won't. You don't deserve to die at my hand." She could still see those bloodshot eyes as he asked the final question. "Which side are you on Princess Westbrook?"

No, don't look to the past.
    Essie scolded herself as she snapped out of her thoughts. Another guy brushed passed their table asking for someone, but she ignored him. Her gaze again shifted to the man who had accused her. He was turning to leave. I know I need to keep my mouth shut, but...nah.

"Hey..." she called as she jumped up from her seat and walked over to him. "I hope that what just happened didn't ruin a potential alliance between us. I'd really like to get to know you better."

Then she took a risk.

She winked.

8. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"I hope that what just happened didn't ruin a potential alliance between us. I'd really like to get to know you better."
    Four turned back and glared at the spy. "I'd sooner die by torture than betray my nation. Don't even try to conv-" He abruptly stopped as his trained eyes detected a twitching in the woman's eye. That's it. Dyed hair, unexplainable injuries, suspicious clothing, attempts to incite defection, and evident anxiety. "I've been ordered not to take action against you presently, but if so much as try to sabotage this operation, you will find yourself in a sub-optimal situation. Do you understand? I'm observing you." That wasn't quite the saying, but Four was sure he heard something similar said in a similar context. It would suffice.

9. Pheonix

James

"My name is Pete but everyone calls me Privates Cucumber, don't know why though."

"Oh god..." he whispered under his breath. "Look, can you come find me tomorrow? I'll be in a better mood then," James said, standing up. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to bed." He rubbed his neck as he walked away, trying to make sense of everything that had just happened.

Jacob was still holding his cards. "Full house!" He said as he laid down his cards and scooped up James forgotten chips.

"Straight!" James called from down the hall.

"Bull!" Jacob called, then looked at James cards. "S***, he wasn't lying."

"Leave the chips in my locker!" James called, his voice more distant as he slowly walked to his quarters.

10. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Kates one shot

Suzy got wiped out in cards again. Apparently her poker face wasn't good enough or whatever. And since she refused to use her telpath-mod to cheat she rarely ever won. Tired from the long day she headed straight to her quarters. When she got to the door she found it unlocked and cracked open slightly. Suzy didn't feel any danger but she didn't want to take the chance that her mod was wrong. She upholstered her gun and smashed into the room, pointing it at the figure sitting on a bed on the other side of the room.

Kate was admiring a few pictures that were on the shelf, she had seen so much and met so many people. She had almost forggoten what it was like to be around so many people.

*Bam!*

Kate jumped, rather high for a girl her size smacking her head on the ceiling and face planting right on the room floor. Sendning papers books and trinkets flying everywhere .

"...ow.." she moaned.

The sight of her sprawled out on the floor was humerous to say the least.

"Kate? What...what are you doing in here?" It was then Susanna noticed that a 2nd bed had been placed in the room as well as a 2nd closet. Why would they give her a roommate? She bent down and began picking up items of hers that had gone flying. A small globe of earth, a picture of her dad in his Flight uniform, a picture of her mother and 15 year old brother now in a broken frame. She sighed sadly as she dumped the broken glass into the trash, hoping the picture itself hadn't been damaged. It was a bit old fashioned, having pictures in a frame. But she preferred it to the holopictures.

Kate popped up like nothing happened and gave her a freindly grin. She strolled right up to Suzy her by the hand and proclaimned.
    "Were bunk bodies! isn't this gonna be fun. Oh man I can't remeber the last time I hung out with another girl before." Kate went and started packing out her things, they wern't much. Some books, a lab coat with black spots, and a few nick nacks all the while ranting like an over eager child.

"And we're gonna tell stories, and watch movies and." *Gasp!* "I havn't seen a movie in ten years!"
    She spun around walked strieght up to Suzy and whispered.

"And we can talk about which guys we think are hot. Haha this will be so much fun!" Kate took a step back and grinned.

Suzy couldn't help but smile at Kate's enthusiasm. She was like a little kid, but Suzy supposed that was to be expected of a person who'd only had her brother for a companion for 10 years. "Uh huh." She replied putting the picture back on her shelf. I wonder what her psych report says.

"I'm not a big movie fan but I'm sure we can find you some good ones." Perhaps nothing to scary...I hope she doesn't snore. Gah, I can't believe they stuck me a bunch mate! I'm a memeber of the 501st for crying outloud. I guess that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

"So, what exactly happened to you and your crew anyway?" Suzy asked as she began reorganizing her side of the room. It was going to be annoying not having as much space as before.

It was like she had died suddenly Suzy question snuffing the life out of her. She stared at the floor and tried to answer, but could say nothing. A heavyness could felt in the room, oppressive and unrelenting.

Suzy looked up as silence engulfed the room. She resisted the temptation to use her mod to find out what was going through the young woman's mind. What ever had happened had obviously been horrible. "I'm sorry. I know what it's like to lose good friends." She looked at the picture of her dad, sitting on her shelf. His funeral had been the worst day of her life. "So, um, if you want there's a bunch of movies in that bottom drawer there. Take your pick. I'm going to hit the shower."
    A moment of silence...and like that Kate was back to her old self. "movies? Yay!" she dived for the draw and began tearing through them. She instantly put one into the holoviewer as Suzy began to shower.

But while she showered Kate did something peculiar. She took a srynge from her back containing a strange blue liquid. she the rolled up her sleeve and injected it into her arm. She glared at her arm as she did it as if it were some mortal enemy, "I'll have to tell Suzy not to surprise me like that again...I almost killed her, and now the cells are over reacting." She muttered quietly.
    She put away the needle and let out a tired sigh. "I'm not going to let this infection get the better of me, this is my one shot at happiness. I can't let it go to waste."

11. JessWrite

Essie Truett

"I've been ordered not to take action against you presently, but if so much as try to sabotage this operation, you will find yourself in a sub-optimal situation. Do you understand? I'm observing you."

Essie held back a grin at Four's words. "I understand perfectly well, Sir."

She flicked her bangs out of her eyes, noticing the rec room growing quieter by the second. "Well, I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow then, since you'll be observing me and all. I'll be sure to look my best for ya." She laughed lightly as she turned away to head out the door.

12. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow then, since you'll be observing me and all. I'll be sure to look my best for ya."
    Four glared at the spy, a faint red glow flickering briefly to life in his eyes, as she exited the room. One wrong move and you're dead. After she was for sure out of the room, Four turned and walked briskly to the place most like home.

A methodical rhythm pulsed throughout the room. A door opened, unleashing the full toneless chime into the hallway in the few moments that the portal was ajar. The ringing suddenly stopped as Four turned to face the intruder.
    "Doesn't that hurt?"
    "Who are you?"
    "A curious passerby. You and your friend are making quite the symphony." The girl smiled as she walked past Four to the battered and bent metal dummy.
    Four's expression showed far less mirth. "I'll ask one more time: Name, rank, and serial number?"
    "Provehito in altum."
    Four's slight frown suddenly disappeared as he tensed. "Non timebo."
    "As I thought. 3.2.1.3. Designation?"
    Four tensed even more and saluted. "4.0.2.5, sir!"
    "So what's this with you calling someone out as a spy? I know you're not designed for it but some subtlety would do you good."
    "Yes, sir! Sorry, sir. It's just that she appeared suspicious. Sir."
    "That's my job. Now shut up and do your damn job."
    "Yes sir." Four answered, somewhat subdued, but as she left, a faint tug of anticipation lingered in his mind.

13. Kingtype

Cucumber nodded at James as he left. The giant man found himself all alone. But he understood that was supposed to look for his Captain James tomorrow. So he assumed he was just to hang around until then. Cucumber made his way around the halls. He then spotted four. Cucumber sauntered over to him. He gave Four a dopey smile. "Hi I'm Privates Cumber. Are you part of the club to?" He asked Four curiously.

14. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Hi I'm Private Cucumber. Are you part of the club too?"
    Any previous excitement was gone. This room is supposed to be private. Is the meaning of private somehow lost to the crew of this ship? Four assaulted one of the metal pegs with a single, vicious strike before turning to the new intruder. "What do you want?"

15. JessWrite

Essie Truett

Back to this again. Essie laughed to herself as she marched through the hallways. Being called a Spy still rubbed her the wrong way, but she somehow found it humorous. If I really was a Spy for the Arcadians I'd be the best for sure. This whole section would already be gone. Probably would do the kitchen first though, make 'em starve. Then the boiler room would be next we'd have a big 'ol campfire. Then I'd frame somebody, because that would just have to happen. Then...

Essie blindly walked through the hallway, plotting her non-existent scheme. The lust for bombing filled her mind. No one would ever realize...

Essie stopped herself. What was she thinking? She was on the good side now not for the Arcadians. No matter what she could do; she wouldn't do it. No. Her main objective was to find her room...wherever that was. What room had the officer said? 6? 9? Yeah, 9 that was it.

She scanned the doors, studying the the numbers. Finally she came to 9. Not bothering to knock, she put her hand on the cold knob, turning it slowly. After taking a peek behind her shoulder, just for fun she kicked the door wide open, karate style.

To her surprise a girl was in the middle of the room, watching something on the holoscreen. "Oh, um..." Essie stuttered, her face growing hot. "Hi."

16. Kingtype

Cucumber nodded at Four's question. He wasn't sure how to respond. So he just decided to to talk........talking was always fun. "Oh nothing I was just seeing what you were doing? Also what's your name? Can we best friends that get the ladies?" He asked leaning close to Four.

17. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Oh nothing I was just seeing what you were doing? Also what's your name? Can we best friends that get the ladies?"
    Four glared at the idiot. He didn't have the patience or training to deal with this. "Leave. Now."

18. Kingtype

Cucumber rubbed his hand through his hair. He understood Four seemed to be glaring at him but it didn't sink in. But Cucumber knew glares meant someone was having a bad day. Cucumber tried to hug four. He loved giving hugs.

19. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Four's reaction to Cucumber's attempted hold was instant. Before the attacker could even properly restrain Four, he had already thrown a solid blow into the private's sternum. While Cucumber stumbled back, Four stood his ground in an oh-so-natural fighting stance.

20. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Kate nearly attacked the brazen young woman, again the cells began acting up. But she couldn't sedate them now, she would just have to ignore it for now. "Um..hey. Is it customary to scare the skin off people around here?"

21. JessWrite

Essie Truett

"Um..hey. Is it customary to scare the skin off people around here?"

The girl tensed, but Essie was grateful she hadn't pinned her to the floor."Uh...sorry about that. Yeah I guess so, well I don't actually know if it's customary or not. I've only been in this Section for approximately 60 minutes," she said. "Just trying to find my new room, guess this wasn't it..."

Essie struggled to find the right words, which she found to be humiliating. She was usually so good at talking; obviously she wasn't today.

"So...what are you watching?" She eyed the movie curiously.

22. Kingtype

Cucumber hardly seem effected by the hit. He was used to getting hit but he hardly ever responded in a violent or angry way to getting attacked. He simply cocked his head and looked at Four like a puppy might do. "How come you hit me?" Cucumber asked. "Maybe if I show you my toy we can be friends?" Cucumber offered. The big man pulled the weapon he had on his back forth. It was massive maybe about the same size as the average human leg and twice as thick. On the tip of the weapon was a massive curved blade. "See it-" Cucumber was cut off as he accidentally pulled the trigger. An explosive fired out the bullet flew just passed Four's head.

There was a loud BOOM! The explosion shook half the ship and sent all the weights, people and everything that wasn't nailed down flying into the wall some with a few or more shrapnel pieces and scorch marks in and on the.

23. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

The moment the projectile left its barrel, Four sprang forward and grabbed the gun. Pushing, he forced the weapon up and slammed it into Cucumber's face. He then twisted the weapon out of Cucumber's hand and struck Cucumber's temple with it. If it didn't knock him out, it'd definitely send him reeling.

24. Kingtype

Cucumber's massive body flew headfirst through the wall after being hit that hard. The big man laid there motionless for a moment but jerked and he pulled his head out of the wall. He was still smiling as if nothing happened. "That was fun! Are we friends yet?" He asked curiously. Cucumber couldn't really comprehend the danger he had just caused.

25. Pheonix

Admiral Serence was in his quarters, looking over a report as the late night still set in on the bridge. Repairs were progressing well, they would be finished by morning. All of a sudden there was a bustle behind him, and a young came running in and saluted sharply.

"Sir! We've just received a distress call from Illien!"

The Admiral sat up straighter in his chair. "Illien?! But that's a major colony! The 52nd Battle Group is there, why would the Arcadian's attack it?"

"We don't know sir, but the 52nd just sent out the general order."

"Alert the crew! Set course immediately!"

"Yes sir!"

-----------------------------

Moments later the Admiral was on the bridge along with a ruffled looking Captain Mcallister. Up on the screen was a battle report from Illien. The navigators were planning the jump.

Serence started speaking into the ship wide intercom.

"Attention, we've just received a distress call from the colony of Illien. It is under siege by the Arcadian fleet, and the Z-well is in the area. We are plotting a jump and expect to arrive within the hour. Now, I know it's already been a long day for many of you, but it's about to get longer. All hands, prepare for battle."

-----------------------------

James was in the shower when the announcement came. He jumped out and dressed as fast as he could, then grabbed his comm and punched in his squad line.

"501! Assemble in the hangar ASAP!" He ordered, then pulled on his flight jacket and ran out the door. As he did though, his Comm lit up, it was a direct line from Captain Mcallister.

"Yes sir." James answered.

"Commander, we're still evaluating the specs for the Arcadian weapon, but it looks like it has one weakness. There's a chance we'll be sending your squad along with a ground team inside to disable it. Be prepared for order changes during the battle. That is all, just wanted to give you a heads up."

"I appreciate it sir."

"Carry on." Mcallister said, then the line cut out and James kept running.