Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enriquetng

enriquetng New Member

thesis statement

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by enriquetng, Mar 14, 2010.

Hello everyone. I am Enrique from Peru. I'm taking English Composition 3 at university and the professor asked us to write a research paper on grade inflation. This is the research topic he proposed:

Is the issue of grade inflation a problem in post-secondary institutions and what are the social, economic and institutional ramifications of this (often) ‘unofficial’ policy for students, teachers and universities themselves.

I'm having some problems in coming up with a good thesis statement. Any ideas or advice about how to come up with thesis statements ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There are sites devoted to developing an essay, including how to choose/develop a thesis statement.

In essence, a thesis statement is a concrete assertion that you will argue in favor of in the body of your essay. It should be a clear and specific declarative statement that you can support with your arguments, and you will restate the thesis in your conclusion.

However, this site does not allow detailed assistance on school assignments, so you will have to come up with your own ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.