1. Gonissa

Gonissa New Member

Things that make you cry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gonissa, Feb 22, 2012.

Like the title says. 'Fess up!

Actually, this may seem very strange, but the soundtrack to the game Mega Man 4 makes me cry. Not just the sad ending song, but all of the tracks. It just makes me think of a sad story.

2. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

some songs makes me cry too, like johnny cash- "You are my sunshine", I don't know why but that one always makes me really sad, and thinking about losing someone I love.

3. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    The ending sequence to season 5 of Six Feet Under has be bawling my eyes out every time I watch it. They keep playing the song, "Breathe Me" by Sia on TV too, so every time I hear it I think of that beautifully sad ending. *sniff*

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

It's weird. I don't think I cried at all from my mid-teens until I was thirty or so. But as I've gotten older, my emotions have become more exposed, and now I cry over lots of things. I used to pick up my guitar and happily sing any song you could name (except "Cats In The Cradle" by Harry Chapin - that struck too close to home) without tearing up, but now, there are lots of songs I can't sing without crying, lots of movies I can't watch without crying, and some books I can't read without crying.

This is a good thing.

5. Berber

Berber Active Member

There are certain movies I simply can't watch without ending up sobbing incoherently: P.S. I Love You, Ladder 49, Pearl Harbor, Click, and newly added to the list The Vow.

6. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I never cry over things that are supposed to be sad, mainly because they're usually over-the-top to the point of being cheesy (in movies, I mean). I'm more likely to cry over something really touching or bittersweet, like the ending of LOTR, than I am over an actual death/funeral/breakup scene.

7. UrbanBanshee

UrbanBanshee Member

I don't typically cry over books, but if anything works me up to an almost cry it is usually due to the rawness of an emotion. Like A Little Princess (1995 version), the scene towards the end when Sara is crying out for her dad to recognize her made me cry as a kid. Long drawn out funerals don't do it for me, I don't really cry at death. Plus those scenes that just yell out "It's supposed to be sad, so cry!" due to their over the top dialogue or obviousness just rub me the wrong way.

I'm actually one of those people who hate to cry, so I usually try to avoid sad stuff.

8. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

Mine will definitely be certain movies... for example, the movie Marley and Me as well as The Notebook never fails to cause me to shed a tear or two. Also, I'm a very emotional person... the things that make me mad or upset me will send a waterfall down my cheeks. Truthfully, there are two people really close to me (whom I live with) that can't stand the fact that I'm very emotional and cry a lot... which is why I try my best to either hide it from them, or try not to cry at all, which ends up giving me this very painful lump in my throat. :(

9. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Onions!

...lol sorry :p Um the scene where Simba's father dies in The Lion King makes me cry...

10. Eshpelin Mishtak

Eshpelin Mishtak New Member

Once upon a time, the thought of bus rides used to make me cry.

This book by ANisul Haque named Maa (English Translation's name Freedom's Mother) made me almost cry.

And oh, I always feel like crying when I get very angry! Anybody else does that?

11. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I never cry when I'm angry or when someone is yelling at me. I just get full of aggressive adrenaline and yell back. But I am far more likely to cry if someone is really nice when I'm upset, or when they sincerely apologize after a fight or something like that.

12. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

I don't think I've ever cried since I was eight or so. I don't cry, but I know many things that make me feel like I should. Any good "sad" book/movie/video game will usually do it. There's a lot of them. On the other hand, music doesn't do it for me.

13. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I bawled my eyes out yesterday to Lana Del Rey album, don't judge me ! :D

14. Gonissa

Gonissa New Member

Me too. Crying gives me headaches sometimes. Trouble is, I seem to be getting more emotional every day...

15. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Cacian being banned.

3 days straight man.

1 person likes this.
  16. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

Music is the main one that gets me. Also books, films & TV: sad scenes/endings don't make me cry but happy ones do.

Is it bad that fiction moves me more than personal events? I don't even cry at funerals and I can't help but feel guilty for that.

17. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i cry over both good and bad stuff... it goes with being 1/2 sicilian/italian and 1/4 irish [the german 1/4 being thus greatly overridden!]... here's some of what brings on those catches in the throat; sudden, unbidden sobs; and anywhere from a trickle to rivers of tears:

the majority of humans' bad behavior

the sadly miniscule minority of humans' caring behavior

humans' and any other member of the animal kingdom's suffering

abuse of children

love for all children

great music and art

nature's wonders/beauty

parades [can't figure out why!]

the futility of my trying to change an unchangeable species for the better

damn!...now i've made myself cry again...............

18. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Did you just quote a poem you wrote then cried about it?

19. mammamaia

yes... i cried while i wrote it and every time i read it, i can't help crying anew, for all the things i can't change...

here's one of the latest things that brought out the kleenex just yesterday:

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=50663&p=881144#post881144

20. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Cut the top end (shoots end - not the roots end)off the onions a half an hour or so before you intent to use them. This releases the pressure and does help 'somewhat'.

21. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

I don't really cry over movies or suchlike. News etc, same.

I may well up if I listen to a particularly emotional song, or read a moving passage in a book. Still, that's an exception. :)

22. Snap228

Snap228 New Member

Chew gum. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm told it's supposed to help.

Is it wierd that I cry while writing emotionally-charged scenes?

23. munkyphile

munkyphile New Member

Okay, fessing up.

I cry when I see mothers with their children, or families doing stuff together. I want that, someday.

Small dogs also make me cry. Mostly out of fear. Large dogs, on the other hand, I'm cool with. Yes, I know it's irrational.

24. MRice

MRice New Member

Some songs like Seasons in the Sun, You are My Sunshine and Silent Night make me cry. Having hope makes me cry sometimes, being reminded how much I love my husband, remembering his proposal to me... those are the things that make me cry. I'm pretty sure there is a looooong list of other stuff, but I'm too hungry to think of any more. ;)

Not to me. I've done it too. :)

25. mammamaia

what works best with onions is to keep them in the fridge and cut them immediately after taking them out... being cold seems to keep down the fumes...

wearing glasses also helps a great deal...