Things you enjoy doing more than writing/reading

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by redreversed, Jul 20, 2013.

1. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

I enjoy going out to eat when I can afford it.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  2. 7thMidget

7thMidget New Member

Tumbling (gymnastics). Way cool. Not that I'm brilliant at it, hah.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  3. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

If you enjoy it, who cares how good you are? :) Have fun. I was a good discus thrower for a certain bracket, but comparatively I wasn't very good. I still love it. It may be the 1 thing that tops writing for me. And hey, I admire gymnasts.

4. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

It was a long time thing. I think I got my first kit from a friend of my mother's on my 6th birthday. It was this little snap-together thing that I promptly threw together, then played demolition derby with, therefore reducing it back to it's original parts. The next time I saw a model I was around 7, it was a glue together ship that didn't make it far with the smeared glue all over the place. I believe it sunk to the bottom of our pool. I didn't see a model again until the 8th grade secret santa thing when I ended up with a Revell-Monogram 32' Ford 3-window coupe and it just kind of took off from there. By the time I turned 27 this past July, I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 un-built model kits sitting in my garage and a huge workbench bolted to the wall.

[​IMG]
    This is where the magic happens, or used to happen before I moved. Everything is hand assembled and painted by me from bare plastic kits, though in some cases (such as the RMS Titanic wreck) all of the pieces were hand formed from flat plastic sheets.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  5. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Now that is really cool! I like how it kept coming back to you until you finally dug into it. And you actually have a work space too! (well, had l0l) I would imagine it takes some real time and attention to detail to do that. When I was in middle school I made 36 identical sets of wooden dice for my classmates. I used to take requests for pipe cleaner figures which varied in size. I made a whole house once, it took a bit of planning but I did it. I as thinking about replicating it soon. My most recent one is a little Superman about 6 inches tall. It isn't my most intricate work, but even those don't really measure up to what you do.

Not the best shot but you get the idea. The 'S' shield is pretty big because it's hard to shape and color any smaller than about a square inch.
    1381311_10201335407404762_1045923704_n.jpg

6. 7thMidget

7thMidget New Member

Oh, don't worry, I don't care :)

Andrae Smith likes this.
  7. zabaar

zabaar New Member

Cycling, snow boarding, Watching films.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  8. Morgan Willows

Morgan Willows New Member

Um... not much o_O
    I like video games, movies, dinosaur stuff (like documentaries, painting minis, etc.), and my art... which covers a lot (I sculpt, paint, sing, play six-hole flute and ocarina, and make jewelry). I would add 'sex' to the list but, while it is fun, I have told my boyfriend "not right now, I'm reading" before, haha.

9. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Listening to music is about as good as writing, but I do it more often because it is easier to combine than writing. I also enjoy drawing and/or painting.