1. Norule

Norule New Member

Thinking about life and the end of the world.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Norule, Apr 26, 2011.

I had trouble sleeping last night. And i got to thinking about life.

And i thought that you could look at life like everyone has thier own world.
    This means that people who I never meet/spoken to/heard of dont exist in my world, just as I dont exist in the world of the people who hasent had any contact with me.

I also though, I am not christian or anything else but. The bible says that the world will end. And when I die my world will end. Even though the people who still alive lives on and nothing happens in their worlds mine ends. So if you dont take the bible to literally it might be right about the end of the world.

I dont really know why im posting this maybe I want our oppinions or maybe I just wanted to right done what my thoughts.

Anyways :)

2. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Oh I am pretty sure it's been confirmed the world will end. Anywhere between 2012 and well whenever the Sun is supposed to expand and destory earth.

EDIT:

Next time you want to sleep, try not thinking about such things. Always find it hard to sleep when I am trying to figure out such things. lol

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yes, nothing lasts forever, least of all planets...

4. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

All the people I will never get to meet and all the places I will never see....perhaps next time around then.

5. 123alanis123

123alanis123 New Member

There seems to be some sort of invisible force in motion that determines events. From the Indian spirituality "there is not a single snowflake falls accidentally in the wrong place".Maybe something for us to verify how true it is.

The end of the world...maybe coming next year and so eat,drink and be merry :)

6. motormouth

motormouth Member

uh yah. Just think not of the world ending but what will happen to you when it does.

7. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

When I was a kid, about six years old, I asked my mum what happens when you die. My mother hasn't ever really been one to sugar coat anything so rather than telling me about heaven or reincarnation she said "There's nothing. You know how when you were born there wasn't anything? It's like that." But you know when you sleep you dream and it really only last about five minutes at most but it feels like it goes on for hours? That's your brain releasing a chemical to create that dream. When you die your brain releases ALL of this chemical so although you might be gone you could end up having a hallucination that seems like it goes on forever which to you would be like 'heaven' or wherever. But yeah, being told there's 'nothing' when you're a child is really scary, and it's also quite scary to think that the only inevitability in life is death. Mortality is frightening enough, I don't want to think about the end of the planet, it probably won't happen in my lifetime. You should make the most of your life and think about being happy, making an impact on those around you and living on in the memories of others rather than such depressing things.

In the words of Peter Pan ~ To die would be an awfully big adventure.

8. Drayzon

Drayzon Member

Death is scary because it's unknown and we are fearful of the unknown.

As a Christian, I believe in life after death. Heaven or Hell will be the destination of all who die. Those who accept Jesus as their Savior will spend their after-life in Heaven, those who do not, will unfortunately and regrettably to God, will spend their after-life in Hell.

The world is going to end, but we don't know when. Everyone who believes it is 2012 are inaccurate, because the Bible says that "no man knows the hour or day of the coming of the Son of Man."

So if a date was formulated then it cannot actually be the time since we aren't going to know and won't know. I pray that everyone accepts Jesus so that this won't be something that continues to eat at you. Once you know you're going to Heaven, things like this don't really concern you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Protar

Protar Active Member

Is that a fact or just something you thought up? It's a comforting thought though makes it seem a bit more bearable if it's true, else there's just nothingness. I don't think that there's any true life after death or reincarnation (closest I've got is considering the possibilities of genetic memories.).

10. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I didn't just think it up, I have a friend studying science in university who told me about it, it might just be a hypothesis but he was adament it was true. In reality you only dream for a few minutes but at the time when you have the dream it feels like it's going on forever. When your body realises it's dying it releases all of the chemical, during a dream it doesn't release much, and that's probably why people who are brought back after dying on an operating table or in accidents say they saw heaven or whatever because the brain has released it.

11. Vintage

Vintage New Member

Until the dolphins start disappearing, I'm not gonna believe in any of these ridiculous doomsday theories.

12. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

13. Protar

Protar Active Member

Well that wouldn't be so bad. So long as it was a good dream.

14. dizzyspell

dizzyspell Active Member

I don't see much difference between a neverending dream and nothingness.
    Neither really exist, and we won't be bothered by anything that doesn't exist, when we're dead.

15. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

That's true, either way you're going to be pretty unaware of your own death when you think about it, there won't be a moment when you think "darnit, I've died" because you won't have any brain function anymore. I hope I die in my sleep when I do die, not like now or anything, but when I go I want it to be peaceful after I've lived a long life with people I care about so I can go without regrets. I think death is only made more frightening by being unknown, but also when people have died in a circumstance we'd deem to be traumatic like an accident or something.

16. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

or the mice...

17. Vintage

Vintage New Member

Still waiting for my friend to come over and tell me that our planet has 22 minutes left and that I need to drink beer and eat salt.

18. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

when you first met this friend was he trying to shake hands with a car?

19. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I don't believe the world is ending in 2012. I tend to not buy into the mass hysteria. If it does though I can tell you what I'll be doing. I'll be curled up in a corner with my kids and my dogs singing "Godspeed" by the Dixie Chicks to them just like I did every other night of their lives. I don't believe in God but it's a beautiful song and it calms them. That is where I'll be.

20. Daydream

Either i'll join you with Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight OR I'll be grabbing my towel! :)

21. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

LOL... If it lasts too long I'll have to switch to Adele - Rolling In The Deep. My daughters current favorite song :p Whatever works I guess, lol

22. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Then I'll get drunk and sing Marilyn Manson's cover of tainted love just to be different, though I can't sing so my boyfriend may wish for the apocolypse to hurry up to keep me quiet!

23. Daydream

Ah quite like this song now! May have something to do with the fact that a badass Number Six from I Am Number Four blew up a house during it...

Also I guess getting drunk would be valid to :p

24. Vintage

Vintage New Member

I wouldn't put it above him, if that means anything.

Then again, that's part of what I like about him.

25. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

This happens to be my favorite topic for the fact that it intrigues me to a great extent of what it will really be like when the world "will end". Honestly, I don't believe that it will anytime soon, but then again, I could be wrong. But the fact that when it happens, I'll be right there capturing the moment with my camera. (Photographer) And I know it may not be any use to take pictures, but hey, at least I'll die happy knowing I captured a "once in a lifetime" thing. It'll be amazing.