1. hawky94

hawky94 Active Member

Searching for ideas/thoughts

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by hawky94, Apr 25, 2012.

Hey people! Back to the writing again. And I'm unfortunately stuck :(

So, here's the jist - Multiple terror cells in the UK, all flying in from Iran, large squad of 20+ operatives acquiring surface-to-surface missiles for a large-scale deployment of a chemical weapon. The same 20-plus operatives steal something, something to do with the UK nuclear programme, something unique, something that the Iranian government would never acknowledge having stolen, it'll be a black op of sorts...

But, I'm looking to create a diversion by using bombings by UK-based terror groups, and the theft and deployment of a chemical weapon. Also small attacks on military targets, etc.

This leading to a meeting of the Heads of the Armed Forces and them being attacked, also maybe an attack on the Royal Family.

I'm just not sure what kind of S-2-S missile systems to use, chemical weapons, and what the 'something' might be that's so critical... it doesn't have to be something to do with Iran's nuclear programme, although considering that Iran is looking to become a nuclear power...

I'm looking for what your thoughts/ideas are on my thoughts?

Thanks, hawky.

2. thecoopertempleclause

thecoopertempleclause New Member

You could always work out what impact you need the S2S-Missile to have and then fabricate your own design accordingly (on paper, actual fabrication of missiles is not advised).

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. What matters is how you write it: the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's absolutely no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?

4. JHockey

JHockey New Member

Just a thought. I think the UK nuclear missiles rely on some sort of rocket technology they have had to borrow/pay for, from the US. So maybe something to do with this... Although as Cogito said you do need to get down to the writing before worrying too much about some of these details as there will always be a way to revise these later on.