Third Earth : Quest For Ravenstone

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frost

Frost Active Member

The zombies stopped coming.
    They were gone.
    Rest and respite. But Shannons voiced still echoed in post battle silence.

2. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

OOC: In an effort to avoid having this thread close, could each of you please give us an update on what is going on? Remember, we were being attacked by zombies, Morian lost her staff (which was subsequently picked up by Shannon, who is looking frantically around for Morian and the others), the dragon arrived, and the zombies/wizard controlling zombies decided to flee. So - where are you? What are you doing? Is Morian knocked out or just too far away to hear? Is Jonath going to kick the dragon's butt, right here, right now?

C'mon guys. We were doing some pretty good writing - let's not let the world just disappear on us!

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

OOC: Old mate Jonath is resting on a tree, while it's quiet.

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    Larrry is off looking for the others, and, if he can, give Jonath a hand with the dragon.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    ****, ****, ****, ****. ****! There’s a throbbing pain in my head, I have no idea where anyone else is, I tripping my way through the woods, and I’ve used the last bit of whiskey on the damn xombies. My sword, kept safely away in its scabbard, weighs heavily on my side. With every step, it grows heavier, trying to dig me deeper into the mud surrounding me.
    “Great, just great—I always thought it was going to be a pissed off hooker or an overly-rough bouncer…”
    Aside from my own whimpers and the desperate sound of my boots sucking into the mud, the forest is silent.
    The tree-line in front of explodes. Pieces of tree, branches, bird nests, small mammals, and a very large, very pissed off looking dragon comes charging out of the brush. I barley manage to duck, as he sends out a torrent of flame fifty feet long, in a long, winding arch through the tree line.
    I pop my head over the bush I found myself hiding behind; the dragon is eight feet away and staring me in the face. The second before I send all my weight soaring to my left, I notice an four feet long gouge on the side of the dragon’s rear thigh. Puffy and swollen, it seems to be leaking an almost green looking blood.
    The bush is lost in the hazy mist as the beats’ massive tail pulverizes the ground where I was a half second ago. I don’t even look back, I just run.

6. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

There was a crashing noise some distance to Shannon's left. She turned toward it, her shield raised. Light flickered through the trees, and she heard a strange, gutteral roar. "Morian?" Shannon asked, startled, and began walking cautiously toward the sound.

An animal, it sounded like, was crashing headlong through the undergrowth toward her. Shannon raised her axe in a protective block, and saw Larry, his eyes wide, his clothing torn and roughened. The sword by his side looked like it had put an end to more than one of the undead things they had fought earlier, and Shannon's opinion of the little man was raised a notch. She raised her axe in greeting. "Where's Jonath and Morian?"

"Dunno," he shouted, breathless. "Dragon -- behind -- follow me!" and he passed her, heading back toward the clearing where Morian had last been seen.

Shannon turned from watching him to gaze into the woods from which Larry had just come. Another angry roar sounded. A tree - a tree? - lit up in flame. Shannon gulped and headed after Larry, looking for a suitable tree to seek shelter in. There! Two of them, old and knarled, with low limbs she could climb, dense foliage to hide under, and a broken undead body nearby to mask her smell. She sped forward, almost sprinting up into the farther tree.

"What the - " came a voice just to her right; Shannon looked up to see Jonath's contemplative eyes looking down at her. "I just saw Larry disappear into that one," he said, gesturing with a gauntleted hand at the other gnarled tree, "and he looked like he had an army behind him. What do you flee from?"

Shannon took a moment to catch her breath. "Dragon," she said. "At least - that's what he said. It burned a tree as I watched."

Seeing Jonath's expression, Shannon quickly added, "Normally I'd do something else, but I'm about spent. I lost track of Morian during the fighting - she lost this," meaning the staff, which she held up for Jonath to see. "And Larry looks like he needs a strong drink and a cot to sleep on before he'll be ready to fight again."

"Hmm." Jonath remained quite still, perched securely between three branches that appeared to form a sort of wooden bench in mid-air. "I see. We should wait here, then, until the danger has passed. Then we should find Morian, retrieve Larry, leave this unholy place of death, and restore ourselves." He closed his eyes, bowed his head. "I only hope that Morian has not fallen to the darkness. Armandil preserve her."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.