1. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Teenager in critical condition after being attacked with battle ax

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CDRW, Jul 31, 2008.

I live in Kearns. I knew the neighborhood wasn't as good as it used to be, but this is just messed up.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3896502

Teenager in critical condition after being attacked with battle ax

A Kearns teenager was attacked with a battle ax. The teenager was mutilated right in his driveway, and the sister of one of the men accused of doing this is devastated.

Destini Augustine talked exclusively with Eyewitness News. She said, "I was thinking about it and asking, 'How could my brother do that?' My mom asked him why he was in jail, and he said he cut up a kid."

Cody Augustine is accused of stabbing 17-year-old Justin Ennis 11 to 12 times. According to police, that was after Augustine's friend, Scott Stapley, hit the teen with a four-bladed medieval battle ax. Lt. Paul Jaroscak, with the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office, says, "Our detectives are saying this could have easily decapitated this young man."

"That makes me sick," Destini Augustine said.

Jaroscak said, "Our detectives described it as something Conan the Barbarian used to ride through the crowd and strike soldiers with."

Investigators say the two suspects sent text messages to Ennis, luring him to his home. Then they attacked him on the street and stabbed him multiple times in his driveway. Bleeding profusely, the young man stumbled into his home, screaming for help.

According to detectives, the attack was motivated by jealousy over a girl.

The probable cause statement adds that Cody Augustine and Stapley confessed to the crime.

"They have done something that could land them in prison for many, many years," Jaroscak said.

When asked if she thought her brother should go to jail, Destini Augustine replied, "Yeah."

She does have a message for Justin Ennis' family. She said, "They're in our prayers and I'm sorry that happened to him. It's just horrible."

Ennis' injuries are horrific. His father tells us it took 300 stitches and 30 staples to close his neck. The teenager is in critical condition. His family believes he will survive

The district attorney is screening charges against the two suspects tonight.

A Kearns teenager was attacked with a battle ax. The teenager was mutilated right in his driveway, and the sister of one of the men accused of doing this is devastated.

Destini Augustine talked exclusively with Eyewitness News. She said, "I was thinking about it and asking, 'How could my brother do that?' My mom asked him why he was in jail, and he said he cut up a kid."

Cody Augustine is accused of stabbing 17-year-old Justin Ennis 11 to 12 times. According to police, that was after Augustine's friend, Scott Stapley, hit the teen with a four-bladed medieval battle ax. Lt. Paul Jaroscak, with the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office, says, "Our detectives are saying this could have easily decapitated this young man."

"That makes me sick," Destini Augustine said.

Jaroscak said, "Our detectives described it as something Conan the Barbarian used to ride through the crowd and strike soldiers with."

Investigators say the two suspects sent text messages to Ennis, luring him to his home. Then they attacked him on the street and stabbed him multiple times in his driveway. Bleeding profusely, the young man stumbled into his home, screaming for help.

According to detectives, the attack was motivated by jealousy over a girl.

The probable cause statement adds that Cody Augustine and Stapley confessed to the crime.

"They have done something that could land them in prison for many, many years," Jaroscak said.

When asked if she thought her brother should go to jail, Destini Augustine replied, "Yeah."

She does have a message for Justin Ennis' family. She said, "They're in our prayers and I'm sorry that happened to him. It's just horrible."

Ennis' injuries are horrific. His father tells us it took 300 stitches and 30 staples to close his neck. The teenager is in critical condition. His family believes he will survive

The district attorney is screening charges against the two suspects tonight.

2. Adelaide

Adelaide New Member

Looks like some maniac decided to live out their World of Warcraft fantasies. That's truly horrible. Hope the kid gets life for attempted murder. :(

3. Last1Left

Last1Left Active Member

That's sad, and I wonder if that kid's going to pull through. I'm also curious how some kid his hands on a battle ax. You have to respect people who grow up in those kind of environments, and come out good people.

4. W I C K E D

W I C K E D New Member

I'm just shaking my head here, thankful I at least have enough intelligence to attempt to write a comment. I hope that guy receives a long sentence, he's basically an adult and should know not to severely injure, even murder, someone in petty jealousy over a girl. Some people in this world.....

That's my opinion but then again, I'm only a year or two younger than that guy....maybe I should leave this to other's of higher intellect.

- W I C K E D

5. sfr

sfr New Member

Wow, it's wierd how people can do things like that.

6. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Hm. that reminds me of the man in our town who got shot six times in front of his THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER because of a love triangle.

It proves my point: People are stupid.

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I am sorry to hear about this stabbing CDRW, and I hope you are safe on your streets.

It may sound slightly mean here, but I am so releved that it wasn't in England this stabbing, it gets old hearng about them here. We had a spate of something like 13 attacks over a 24 hour period last week. It is shocking.

Last week I was walking home from my auntie's when I saw a mam who had been stabbed !! Blood pouring down his face, screaming at this other man who was trying to get him in this car. I was terrified, escpeciallly when the dude turned and started screaming at me who was only on the other side of the road. Was all too glad when they got in the car and drove off.

8. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

How the very offensive word did this absolute another offensive word get his hands on yet another offensive word-ing battle axe??????

WTF is wrong with people? All this coz of jealousy over a girl? Some people are seriously messed up.

I really hope this guy is all right. What happened to him was absolutley appalling and it's made me really angry for soem reason. I probably would have laughed if someone had told me that soon I would have to walk the streets in fear of being battleaxed.

9. J Done

J Done New Member

I don't understand why anybody would want to do something like that, let alone how they actually did it..

10. Heather Louise

Lmao, reading that, I would laugh too. I don't know why I laugh, battleaxes are preferable to guns, which seems to have made there way on our streets recently. Guns, knifes, knuckle dusters, machetes, bits of pipe, planks of wood ... you name it, the lads'll use it as a weapon around here. It is violent as.

I was down the cycle track a couple of weeks ago where we all hang out, when this lad called Nassa comes n his car with a gun, aiming it at this other lad, Gaz, saying he's gunna shoot him. Well one of my cosest mates who was at the time seeing Gaz, jumps in front of Nassa with the gun and tells him he'd have to shoot her first. OMG my heart was racing ... I have never bricked it so much in my life. It wasn't until some other lad clubbed him on the back of the head with a big pole that Nassa dropped the gun and left.

And no-one cares about this! That's what gets me,, they make all of this noice about people being stabbed and stuff in London, and a couple of other big cities, but violence around these parts are becomming appauling and no-ones cares.

11. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

Bloody hell Heather!! I don't want to live anywhere near you! The thing that really gets me going though is that everyone looks at these incidents and goes 'Oh, that;s just proof that young people are no good these days' but no one seems to remember that the victim is also a young person most of the time. (as in most of the victims are young people, not that most of the time the person is young, but sometimes is a pensioner!) Did it say how old the bastard who did it was in that article? I expect he was a young person too, but I couldn;t find anything that said it.

What's the world coming to? Soon I'm going to have to get a lance to keep in my car, in case of bandits. I'll have to keep my rapier sharp in case of bandits. I should probably add a moat to my house to keep mauraders at bay.....

12. Heather Louise

I like your suggestins of safety protection. And I live on a bit of a rough area anyways ... voted worst place to live in Britain only five minutes drive away. I don't know how they dare, we have some fantastic fautures. did you know, Middlesbroughhas the world's last working transporter bridge, and Roy Chubby Brown came from here, and we have a great big festival every year and we are just great so screw the idiots in London who made this poll. We are great ...

Except the violence. You were saying about all of the thing you would do to make your house safe and stuff, there are people around the estste who have CCTV on theiir house ... and estates where you cannot turn a corner wthout being caught on camera. But yes, people do not try and solve these problems, they just blame us kids and move on. It need sorting out because it is ridiculous.

A girl I used to go to school with brayed an old lady on the bus the other week because she asked her to turn her music off. If I ever see her again, I'm gunna show her what it's like ... the pathetic ***. Sorry, getting off track ... but me saying that, it is weird how violent I can get myself actually. I am not usually a violent person, but you can be out on a night, and there's a big crew of people coming towards you with pipes and knuckle duters and they all want to [ut you in hospital because you are from a different estate (it's like gang wars here, we even have names aswell, we are the TWE), even the lads will hit you, bray you to the floor and leave you thee for the lasses to finish off, I'll get my fight on rather than run away. I will go hacker, I mean seriously, come anywhere near me and I'm gunna rip your eyes out, sort of hacker. And I hate that, but it's either that, or I end up in Intensive Care.

It is possibly to do with the people I hang around with aswell to be honest though. It is only when I go out with that crew, do I end up having to fight, or witness people going to shoot on another etc etc. I don't know why I go with them really.

13. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

Oh yeah as much of a pansy as I am, if someone tried to kick my ass I'd try to kick theirs back! Of course, being weedy and not strong it wouldn't actually help as I'd still end up dead, but at least it's better than running away.

I could always try and remember that Tae Kwon Do punch that stops someones heart, I suppose....

14. Heather Louise

Lmao ... bless you. I'm weak when it comes to like, strength and stuff. But when my eyes depend on it, I'm like, you know those sweet looking lasses you get, who are quite small ish frame and look like they wouldn't hurt a fly, but then fight like a beast? I'm one of them. :D I'll nut, punch, stamp ... anything to get em off me.

15. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Remind me never to move to England. That's definitly a different picture than what most Americans have of the place. We've got gang problems here, but for the most part you don't see anything they do unless you're directly involved. It's still fairly safe to walk the streets alone at night, I would stay away from some certian neighborhoods, but for the most part it's still safe. It's in the schools that a lot of the problems happen, which makes me glad that I moved away in junior high and didn't move back until this year.

16. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Yah, here in America we shoot you- mainly because we are too fat and lazy to hack you apart.

17. Risen Glory

Risen Glory New Member

I don't know... there are good places in the US as much as there are good places in Europe.

It's not what country you're from, but it's more of where in the country are you.

Sad to hear the news, CDRW. I hope justice prevails.

18. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

As it's england it depends. If the culprit is a teenager, then he'll get a bit of what he deserves, if he's an adult, probably a smack on the wrist.

19. Risen Glory

Risen Glory New Member

That's reassuring. :p

20. Iron_Seitz

Iron_Seitz New Member

If CNN.com or another global news page is your homepage, its easy to tell that these types of attacks aren't too uncommon (well, 'uncommon' is a relative term I suppose.)

Just today I saw a teaser headline: "bus rider beheads seatmate."

What kind of messed up world is this?!

21. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

How did he even get some kind of blade or axe onto the bus and then get it out without anyone getting suspicious?

22. Risen Glory

Risen Glory New Member

He's obviously magic.

Well yes, this world is kind of messed up. But we're here to fix it. Aren't we...?

*Looks for supporters*

23. Iron_Seitz

Iron_Seitz New Member

I'm assuming he hid it in his coat, because the weapon was a butcher knife. How you behead someone even with a butcher knife escapes me, though. Bleh <shudders>.

24. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

I'll help you change the world Risen, depending on how you want to go about it!

But yeah, and the way he just walked to the front of the bus with the guy's head.....

25. Risen Glory

Risen Glory New Member

I just want the world to be fair. Let justice guide us, instead of emotions and pride.