1. bunbun94

bunbun94 Member

This is Bun!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bunbun94, Jul 3, 2015.

Hello,

After much soul searching which lasted for about 15 minutes, I decided to take writing seriously. You see in a way I'm a writer, I studied journalism and spend the three years of my degree writing articles. But I don't feel like one. What I want from my writing is to be able to write fiction short stories or even novels. Unfortunately, as of now, I'm still struggling. I need practice. Lots and lots of practice. Since 2013, I've been telling myself that I would write stories and yet I didn't. Last week, I realized that I was on holyday and that I had lots of free time on my hand. Also, it occured to me that among all the story ideas I ever had none had ever been conveyed into words (one hell of a scary thought!). This is why I decided to join this forum. Hopefully, I will be able to write consistently and become the writer I want to be.

Bye

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. AWildSheep

AWildSheep New Member

Welcome fellow newbie :)
    I'm also struggling with getting my writing going. Did you find the time to write anything during your holiday?

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Bun Bun! Welcome to the forum. :) Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Explores, participate, and have fun!

-Kat

4. bunbun94

bunbun94 Member

It's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling with this, lol. Well, this week, I've been better. I'm almost finished writing a short story and I wrote a writing prompt that I found on Writer Digest. Hopefully, I can keep it up in the coming weeks.

5. bunbun94

bunbun94 Member

Thank you!