1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

'those were the days'!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Jan 17, 2012.

I often reminisce over things that use to be and find the expression 'those were the days' quite sad or melancholic.
    what things do you reminisce over and wished they were back here with us again!

I use to have a manual radio and enjoyed using manual gadgets. 'those were the days':(
    I wish for manual things to come back because I enjoy the whole touchy feely of manupulating a gadget.

2. akexodia

akexodia Member

Life becomes more and more chaotic as we proceed. So, as far as i'm concerned, I'd love to have my childhood back. The period of sheer innocence.
    Well, as far as the material entities are concerned, I began my journey (of life :p) back in 1991, and by the time i was mature enough, i was already in the age of semiconductors. So, i wasnt really able to test my interest towards manual things. I'm adapted to the new technology. So, i guess, i dont want any manual thing back.

3. James21377

James21377 New Member

I'm a bit of a nostalgia buff myself. I think there's definitely a bit of a melancholic component regarding the past, though sometimes rose-coloured glasses may play a part. I went through a bit of a reflective stage a few months ago, and realised a lot of the things I missed weren't as good as my memories made them out to be. Didn't really change the melancholy though :(. Could be because maybe of the way the brain is wired (going out on a limb), or maybe my past was actually better? Not entirely sure.

Adjusting to the world's negatives has been a bit of a challenge for me as I've gotten older, so yeah, for sure.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i don't!

i live only in the here and now, neither in the past, nor the future... and i don't waste time or energy wishing for what i once enjoyed and no longer have, am just grateful to have had it then...