1. The Bard of Wigan

The Bard of Wigan New Member

This week I have been mostly eating. . . .

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Sep 1, 2011.

. . . . .Ham & Piccalilli sandwiches. I haven't had piccalilli for years, but having been spending a lot of time at the in-laws so the choices have been limited. Piccalilli rules.

When I was a kid I used to eat jam & cheese sandwiches like they were going out of fashion. A very Scottish thing the jam & cheese sandwich.

What's your favourite, slightly vile sandwich filling ?

That reminds me, there was a house near where my Mam lives that had a tin of spam in the front window for years, just sat there with the blue & yellow label slowly fading. Eating spam is very very wrong.

2. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Are u depressed about something? If so, you should have a private talk to one of your Friends/ Family members. If so, talk to them as soon as you can.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, I don't think it's vile, but some people wince when I mention Braunschweieger liverwurst with a slice of strong onion, sharp cheddar, horseradish, and Dijon mustard on dark rye.

Granted, my breath keeps people a good distance away for the next few hours after eating it.

4. Heather

Heather New Member

You're right, picalilli rocks :)

And my strange sandwich choice - marmite and cold potatoes. I know, sounds disgusting, but it is really nice.
    Oh, or super noodle sandwiches.
    Or corned beef and boiled egg.
    To be honest, pretty much anything fits into a slice of bread.