1. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

This Is Sort Of Me, Saying Thank You.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lilix morgan, Jan 11, 2012.

Hey everyone! I know I should have probably posted this in the Comings/Goings thread a little bit above on the site, but I figured it wouldn't get as much attention if I had posted it there.

It's been one heck of a long time since anyone's last seen me on here. Can't really offer a real explanation as to why, either. You guys were my first jump off the bridge, so to speak. The first real step I took into the world of writing for fun, writing for relief, writing for life. It's had the ups and downs any normal life would expect- my countless rantings over a boy I should have let go when he let go of me, online friends and people I had never personally met who encouraged me to continue writing, the works. And while most of the people I started talking to on here three years ago are most likely long gone or rarely pop back in to say a few words, I still felt the need to come back and say something cool.

To everyone on here new and vet, you can publish. It might not be the big shiny coin you always dreamed of, or maybe you didn't dream of that big shiny coin at all, but you can do it. I'm living proof. I'm no millionaire, trust me, and I'm not even comfortably living off what I've written, but I did it. I hit the 'submit' button, battened down the hatches and did what I started to work towards the very first day I posted my topic Statues on here.

And I have all of you to thank for it. You're even mentioned in the acknowledgments section, because I'm honest. And without a lot of you I may still have gotten to this point, this whirlwind of euphoria, but I wouldn't have found friends along the way. I wouldn't know half of what I know now without this place.

So this is sort of me, saying thank you.

(P.S.- I'm really sorry if I stepped out of line posting this in here instead of somewhere else. Please move me before you smite me, Cog! >.<)

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I'll do the same thing you're doing right now, when I get my book published. Hell, this site will be part of the acknowledgment section as well.

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

Hey, congratulations! I remember seeing you around back when I first joined. Looks like we've got some pretty good news lately (you're published,

Cogito stopped moderating here about a month or maybe a bit longer ago. It's just Banzai now.

4. hoggyboy

hoggyboy New Member

i think we all would lol

congrats on getting published! :D

5. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Wow, nice work! I looked it up and had a little read of it; it's brilliant. Congrats on acheiving what you set out to do - so little of us end up doing that. So what made you want to self-publish?

6. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

What? Awww, no fair! Nothing against Banzai, but I knew Cog since I joined.

Thanks Ash! So far I'm doing good with it- makes me happy knowing it wasn't just a pipe dream all these years. I wanted to self-publish mainly because I hold a firm belief that with the way the publishing industry is moving digital is becoming the way to go. It used to be simply a 'vanity' publishing deal to self-publish, now it's a real obtainable goal. Plus I knew I would never be able to function with touring and deadlines with a publishing house, I'm not going to lie.