1. mVd

mVd Member

Smokers Lounge

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mVd, Apr 29, 2012.

Hello. I saw there weren't any smokers thread and the ones that we had were 5 years old, so i didn't want to necro them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this will be a discussion on smoking cigars, pipes and cigarettes.

I will start.

I personally used to smoke pipes, but i stopped shortly after since i had so much trouble of keeping light and enjoying the taste for a long time. I asked for help in smoking forums where they gave good advice, although i ultimately still didn't fix my problem.
    Now i am smoking cigars, which are pretty pleasant.
    Since i first only smoked a few cigarettes first time when i was 17, i had and have trouble getting the tastes and smell in my nose and mouth, but i am sure that comes over time.
    To minimize the risk as much as possible, i do these things:
    1)Only smoke a few cigars a week maximum.
    2)Always brush your teeth after smoking.
    3)Don't inhale.
    4)Open windows if smoking indoors to prevent the only air being in the room a smoke.

Smoking cigars always made me feel like this:
    feel-like-a-sir-template.jpg
    :)

Anyway i am curious to hear what you people smoke.

2. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I smoked cigarettes for about 44 years, anywhere from less than a pack a day to three, depending on what was going on at the time. Then about 3 years ago I switched to cigarillos. Mainly it was because of price (the state doesn't tax them as cigarettes so they're less than half), but also because they don't have all the added chemicals that make you crave a cigarette. A much more pleasant smoking experience - and it now takes me 2-3 days to get through a pack.

3. mVd

mVd Member

Wow, 44 years? That's a lot. When i tried cigarettes i disliked them so much. I couldn't grasp what was the point of people smoking them except for the nicotine dose. That is why i only smoke cigars or pipes, because you don't have to inhale to enjoy them and they have more custom taste then anything i have read.
    Also because i think it is a more subtle and relaxing experience trying to fill out your pipe, getting it to light properly etc and the same with cigars. :)

4. angelicrock

angelicrock New Member

I partake in hookah from time to time. Im not a huge smoker but the flavored tobacco from Israel and Iraq is really tasty. Other than the occassional hookah, I used to roll my own pure tobacco cigs. I stopped that a while ago because I got more and more lazy as time went on and I didnt really need the stress relief. Cigars are good but I seem to always buy crappy ones. I have friends who know how to pick the good cigars and those smell/taste delicious. Im just not one for a burn in my throat or lungs (im also a musician so it hurts my vocal chords and can ruin an entire performance).

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I like a good pipe on occasion. I have a few selections of good tobacco and a handful of pipes to enjoy it with (a lot of the tobacco comes from Denmark, like MacBaren and W O Larsen).