1. sunsplash

sunsplash Bona fide beach bum

Between the Magic City & the Conch Republic

Photos in profile?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by sunsplash, May 5, 2014.

This is probably a stupid question that I should be able to figure out myself...but no luck so far. When you click on your name to view your profile page, there are five tabs that load, the last of which says Photos. How do you add photos there or is that just a place that stores any pics you upload to threads throughout the site? Mine is blank and says 'there are no threads to display.' Is there a way to put pictures directly in this area without posting them into a thread?

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

In the top menu, there's a "Gallery" tab (right between "Contests" and "Resources"). You can choose to add photos/albums from there.

Daniel and sunsplash like this.
  3. sunsplash

Thank you, @thirdwind!

4. sunsplash

Ok, I was able to create the album but it's still not showing in that photo tab specific to my profile and is instead in the public gallery! :oops: How do I move it?

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Since I don't use the gallery often I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the photos tab in the profile shows random or most recent photos you uploaded to the gallery. Tab photos are viewable both as a snapshot of photos in your profile and in the public gallery and in your album. The album itself doesn't seem to be viewable in your profile tab, but on the photos tab there's a link to your albums, videos, and tagged photos.

@sunsplash, are you trying to show only photos you upload to a specific album in your profile's photo tab?

6. sunsplash

This is a screen shot of my photos tab in my profile and it's showing empty. I added an album to the gallery a couple weeks ago (and tagged myself in a couple to see if that made a difference), and the album is there when I search for it separately, but what I wanted was to have the photos accessible in this area where they would be seen by members viewing my profile, not just those who browse the site gallery. I have a feeling it's something I'm doing wrong on my end.

Attached Files:

7. Daniel

Thanks for the info and reporting this. With some help I've found the cause of this problem. It's the Writing Workshop tab, it's interfering with the gallery tab. Users with workshop posts aren't having this problem. I'll be looking into it and I'll update this thread once a fix is found.

sunsplash likes this.
  8. Daniel

So I'm not entirely sure how but this looks like it's fixed.

@sunsplash when I view your Photos tab in your profile I can see the images now. I reinstalled the add-on so maybe that was it.

If anyone else is experiencing the original issue of not having photos show up in your profile tab - despite uploading photos to the gallery - please let me know in this thread or via PM.

9. sunsplash

Yup, it's fixed! Thanks, @Daniel!