1. pippin1710

pippin1710 New Member

Cliche writing

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by pippin1710, May 28, 2008.

I have an idea but for this series i was just wondering if it was cliche or not?

first off i want to say i can't stand a story if the villian is simply evil with no back ground just sort of was born that way. So I really want to make the history of my villian sad and bloudy. If my villian has his heart broken then turns evil is it cliche or not?

2. Wet Weekend

Wet Weekend New Member

It is and it isn't

It isn't in the sense you get so many villians that are plain "I want to take over the world because I can" so if there is a reason why and how that also allows for detailed character developmentment and consequent vanishing of blandness, then go

It is in the sense that people are starting to catch on to the idea you just got, it is used particularly in Anime and stuff like that (Although that is normally very fan service based and normally ends in a form of Yaoi) so again make it serious and detailed it will work

3. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

It depends on how you approach it.
    Would you care to elaborate? Give us more details? That way, we can probably tell you whether or not it's cliché.

4. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Well, think about it. How else can someone become evil? No one is born evil. No one thinks they are evil; even Hitler thought he was doing the right thing. Having a one-dimentional villian is cliche. Thinking of a good background for him is a good think. Go ahead! :D

5. pippin1710

pippin1710 New Member

Well I was sort of thinking that through out the story as the hero learns more about the villian and starts to pitty him by learning that the world (particulary his love) turned him the way he was.

An idea i had was that he was a good guy with a shifty background since his father was a good guy he eventully left home after getting beat to near death trying to protect his mom from his fathers brutal rage. He joins the revolt against his fathers fascism goverment, falls in love with a girl although he is never treated the same because of what his father was so when the revoltists leaders frame him as a theif to win over the general people's support. After getting locked up his father breaks him out instead of him joining his fathers side he murders his father and leads the nation against the revoltists and the hero of the story.

These are all really knew idea's and are still being tweaked of course but thats an idea i have been intrested in.