To all you single women out there: please do this.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CDRW, Aug 17, 2008.

1. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I don't know why a lot of girls think that guys don't like girls that come up to them and start conversations. Most guys love that. What guys hate is girls that play hard to get, we'll only try so hard before we decide you must not be interested. LOL But i'd die if someone said that to me on the street.

2. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

LOL, I almost never start conversations with random strangers. I almost always dislike it when random people come up to me and try to talk to me. They have to be really funny or charming to not annoy me. I've dealt with so many weirdos that I automatically dislike people (namely guys) coming up to me to "talk". It's usually lame and stupid and there's an obvious ulterior motive.

That said, if I'm coworkers with someone or sit next to someone in a classroom, etc. I am guaranteed to strike up conversations with the guy. It's just pretty much any other scenario where strangers talking to me is weird and irksome, so I don't see that as being shy, just annoyed with weird strangers, aha.

3. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

This has made me think:

“Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.”

Andre Dubus