1. DA Thirst

DA Thirst New Member

Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DA Thirst, May 25, 2014.

Why hello, fellow writers! I'm joining mostly because I've recently started writing more frequently, and I want to increase my skill. Part of that comes from practice, of course, but part of that also comes from comments and criticism, which is where you cheery lot come in. I have one quick question though before I posting any of my work, however. One of my characters gains a lot of their character development from being a heavy part of, and then breaking from, a powerful religion. Naturally religion can be a rather touchy subject with many people - it's part of why I chose it in the first place! - and I don't want to post anything that might spark arguments that become horrible messes which the mods have to clean up. Is this community mature about this sort of thing, or should I just leave off on that aspect?

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Welcome to the forums.
    If you're looking for topics on writing how-to's and just generally good reliable info, you found it.

People here aren't touchy on anything. It's a respect thing.
    Unless your story is full of pro-Nazi raping and doctrine shredding, gore, and other terrible stuff for the sake of terribility.

3. DA Thirst

DA Thirst New Member

Goodness no (despite my admittedly misleading avatar). No, I like moral ambiguity too much to have outright 'evil' characters. But thank you :)

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :D

Wrey