1. PlotDeviceManager

PlotDeviceManager New Member

Ever read the Enchanted Forest Chronicles?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by PlotDeviceManager, Oct 13, 2012.

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (by Patricia C. Wrede) are my absolute favorite books in all of existence. There are four books in the series (Dealing with Dragons, Searching for Dragons, Calling on Dragons, and Talking to Dragons), as well as a single short story (Utensil Strength), though I have been unable to find and read the short.

The main character of the series is Princess Cimorene of Linderwall. She is, without equal, my favorite literary character of all time; the world's most practical princess. Whenever I tell people about these books, I tell them that they are for "every little girl that DIDN'T want to be a princess". I was one of those little girls.

I have probably read these books fifty-two times each and there is not a single character in the books that isn't memorable, unique, and loveable (or hate-able, in the case of the villians). Whenever I feel stuck or drained, I read this series to sort of "zero out" my brain again and start fresh.

If you have ever read these books, I am very interested to know what you thought of them? And if there is a book you could recommend I read based on your feelings about the series.

That's really it. I have just never found anyone who's read them, and thought that a forum frequented by authors might be a nice place to discuss the series, as I have never gotten to before.

Thanks everyone, and have an awesome day!

Love, Sam.

2. brollykat123

brollykat123 New Member

I freak'n love her books! I have read all but the last one. I know it is on my list of books to finish reading, but with ADD, that may take some time. I am also a re-reader to the point that I rarely get any new shiny books read, because I would just rather re-read something that I already know to be good, sigh. Have you read the book Hexwood by Diana Wynne Jones, it's really weird but good at the same time, I think you would like it.