1. sorites

sorites New Member

Tomorrow Night is So Important!?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by sorites, Jul 5, 2009.

You are an outsider, someone who makes his own rules. A tough guy, the quiet, introspective type.

Something important is going to happen tomorrow night and you can't afford to miss it. There are powers beyond your control that in all likelihood will succeed in making you miss it, but if that happens, it will be terrible.

Why is tomorrow night so important? What is that you can't afford to miss?

2. UnknownBearing

UnknownBearing New Member

my wife giving birth to our first child.

3. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

The season finale of American Idol. You have a $5 bet riding on the outcome. :p

4. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless New Member

Bravely adventuring beyond the fourth wall.
    Your childhood girlfriend is being tried for a murder (for bonus points, which you committed).
    Your childhood girlfriend is being executed by a dystopian government for treason (and you have the truth to save her).
    It's your childhood girlfriend's funeral (you killed her and secretly angst).
    You have only one chance at getting vigilante revenge for your childhood girlfriend's death before the corrupt official responsible escapes (obviously, he's your father).
    Aliens are invading, and seriously, nuts to aliens (your childhood girlfriend is an alien).

5. sorites

sorites New Member

Thanks for your suggestions. All day yesterday I was wrestling with a reason for my character to *need* to be somewhere tomorrow night. I just couldn't think of an important enough event that would be sufficient motivation to make him do what I wanted him to do.

6. UnknownBearing

UnknownBearing New Member

what do you want him to do?