too many vampires

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by madhoca, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

1) Where in the book does it say that they have to be rich? It's not a rule. If you live forever, money accumulates. It's obvious. Plus, she doesn't like the stuff he gets for her.
    2) Edward is a vampire, thus he wants to kill everybody. If he was human, it would be bad. It's bloodlust, it's in EVERY vampire love story, "traditional" or not. Plus you spelled "truly" wrong. I'm a Spelling Nazi.
    3) I agree with you here, but if you look at it, Bella is an exceptionally clumsy human surrounded by superstrong people that could kill her at any moment.
    4) Agree again here, although it was only because Edward thought Jacob was a dangerous werewolf. However, this is an annoying part of the book, so I'd have to agree.
    5) I assume you're talking about the J/B situation here, although it was true. Bella did love Jacob, she just needed to open her mind to see it. She was so focused on Edward she didn't see Jacob clearly. BUT, at the same time, I agree. So stop waiting to rip me apart.
    6) This one is the most ridiculous. He's a VAMPIRE, he's SUPER-STRONG. Of course he runs the risk of hurting her, but if you read the books, HE'S the one that never wanted to until she was changed! Bella was the one that kept pushing him for sex, and she was perfectly happy after their first time, whereas he wanted to beat himself up for hurting her.
    7) She would have kept the child regardless of what he said. Ever heard the old saying "A woman becomes a mother at conception, a man becomes a father at birth"? They need time. It didn't matter if Edward wanted her to get an abortion, because she wouldn't. Maybe it took him TIME to realize that the child wasn't some evil parasite human/vampire bent on destroying everything and that it was, in all aspects, a baby.

And if you honestly think that any teenage girl will try to follow in the footsteps of this book, that's ridiculous.

2. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

The First Rule of the writing forums is never defend Twilight. Your reputation will now suffer.

3. Gigi_GNR

Oh darn.

Meh.

I'm not defending Twilight, I'm defending my opinion. Everyone has one, and I just didn't agree with what the OP had said. Does that make me a horrible Twilight whore?

4. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Nice save, I espescially liked the last part :D

5. Gigi_GNR

Thanks! :D I'm not a TwiWhore. I don't think the book is going to come to life, I don't fantasize about the actors, characters, etc. I do like it, and I agree it has its faults, though.

6. Faith*Hope*Love

Faith*Hope*Love Banned

I think that just about any horny teenage girl is going to fly off the wall to find any book about a sexy male vampire. okay, i mean lets be honest! lol

I totally agree with you, Twilight was good, but there are just too many imitators out there. *sigh*

7. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I seem to be the only person whose main problem with Twilight is just the poor quality of writing...

8. Faith*Hope*Love

Faith*Hope*Love Banned

lol, i personally think Twilight was written brilliantly, the simple fact of how it draws you in is amazing.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Nope. It's just that it has all been said already. Remember the seemingly endless debate in Book Discussions before it was eventually closed?

And if this thread turns into Twilight Rocks vs. Twilight Rots, it too will be closed,

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Meh. Well it didn't draw me in... but maybe that's just me. I don't like Meyer's writing style. The woman uses the word "grimace" like most people would use a comma.

To be honest, I don't see much point in this thread continuing. If the discussion keeps going around in the same circles, I'll close it myself for having run it's course.

People can like or dislike Twilight as they will.

11. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

Getting back on topic, aren't most vampire myths based on a real disease? I could be wrong, but I remember hearing about an affliction that caused really low iron in the blood and an extreme sensitivity to light. A story about that disease (if one exists) could be cool.

12. SA Mitchell

SA Mitchell New Member

Porphyria...

I've always been interested in the concept on pre-enlightenment serial killers whom were thought at the time to be supernatural beings(Elizabeth Bathory is the only one, I think, who really got revealed as just being a human).

13. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

Human, perhaps, but certainly not humane. Also, aren't all serial killers 'pre-enlightenment' killers? ;)

14. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes. And for like ten minutes every freagin' hospital show had at least two patients suffering from it.

15. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

It also came from people who were declared dead, but haven't actually died, before they had the kind of monitoring equipment that we have today. So they seemed to have died and come back to life.

16. Gigi_GNR

Please tell me that was a joke. If any teenage girl is indeed feeling "horny" as you put it, they're not going to read a book about a sexy vampire, especially when there's no sexy descriptions and the sex scenes in Breaking Dawn were very chaste and used as little description as possible.

And that was the final Twilight-related thing I will say here.

17. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

You've obviously read very little in that demographic if you think it can compare to any of the books that are good. I read very few adult books because they are usually way too long and the stories bore me. 90% of the books I read that I got from the teen section are just as good as the books from the adult section. And there are some from the adult section that are much worse than the YA books I read.

18. Gigi_GNR

I agree, it all depends on which book you pick and what style you like best.

19. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

She has a point. Stephenie Meyers is mormon.

20. Gigi_GNR

She did try to make the book as chaste as possible......

21. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok. this has run its course and become yet another I Love/Hate Twilight thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.