Too taboo to be published?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Kas, Mar 20, 2009.

1. architectus

architectus Banned

Although, the incest wasn't the main focus, and it was viewed as wrong by the MC, especially in the second book.

Kas - One thing I've noticed when reading submission guidelines is a lot of them said, no high fantasy, no incest, and such. It seemed to me that a lot of published don't care to published high fantasy or incestuous relationships.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Kas, there is probably publishers that will accept it, so long as it isn't graphic. I wrote a poem about wrongful termination of a pregnancy and have found it impossible to get it published. I received responses from 3 publishers all saying while it was a well crafted piece and all that huff, they wouldn't post it because it was 'too' dark. The piece is a little too graphic and if I tone it down 'a lot' I know it will get published, but I love the piece how it is.

So if you want to go ahead with trying to get such a story published, just be careful how much detail and how graphic you make it.

Either way, best of luck with your piece.