1. Dismal Krow

Dismal Krow New Member

Top o' the mornin' to ye! Marine on deck!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dismal Krow, Oct 10, 2011.

'Ello. I have to say, it's been a while since I've been able to find a good writing RPG site. I'm looking foward to working with everybody here. Here's a little about me....
    I am a Marine, as you might have already guessed. I'm very proud of it, so don't be surprised if I integrate that aspect of my life into my characters. I know, I know, there was no Marine Corps in the settings most commonly used here, but the symbolism will be there. At any rate, I enjoy this type of creative writing, and I've been known to get very into the story, and get very edgy if no one else is posting. Argh! Although, I do have an X-Box to vent with.
    I've been using this username, Dismal Krow, for awhile, so I am commonly known as 'Diss' in the online community. That, or even Krow, would be fine if anyone would address me and doesn't feel like writing out Dismal Krow (understandably).
    Ok, so. Let's get this party started! I guess if I want to join a game, I have to start reading right away. Which threads are active right now?

2. CottonCandi

CottonCandi Active Member

Welcome Diss, I salute you, sir!

3. Dismal Krow

Dismal Krow New Member

*salutes back* Why, thank you, Maddam. Carry on with the plan of the day. *cut salute*

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Does anyone know why it says I am a guest, or why my signature will not appear? I am most perplexed....

4. The Lady Victoria

The Lady Victoria New Member

Hi Diss! The Lady Victoria here, that's my character's name btw, my online pen name is Wisteria and real name is Paula.

I'm a bit confused though....I thought this site was only for writing stories, and not for RPG writing. If it's RPG writing I'm all for it, as that's what I've cut my writing teeth on.

Anyhow, I'm going to be writing as a ghost here, so it's nice to meet you and I hope to see you around.

Lets have fun!!!!

Oh, about your log in guest issue, I'd pm the admins, they might not know about it unless you pm then. Generally they are kinda very busy to read every intro post.

Just speaking as former rpg owner/moderator.

5. Dismal Krow

Dismal Krow New Member

Will do, thanks... um... Victoria. Lol, so many names, I guess I choose the first one. Also, You are right: the site is for writing stories, but their is a forum for RPGs. I only realized afterwards that the site expands beyond that, and that RPing is not the main focus, as Google would have led me to believe.... Hehe. Anyway, thank you for the welcome. I will try your suggestion.

6. The Lady Victoria

The Lady Victoria New Member

Apparently this forum does have an RPG forum, recheck the main board and scroll down til you see RPG.

Make a post and I'll check it out later, if it interests me I'll post to it.

7. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.