1. BrBwithagun

BrBwithagun New Member

when i plot:from local problem to next world war reason

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by BrBwithagun, Jun 12, 2012.

hello, (I am new here, i am actually writing for comics books, not a novel writer)
    i have one problem that i face every time i try to make story. I have a rough basic idea and the more i work on it, the bigger it becomes. for example, right now i write about person who creates a dangerous weapon that can control human minds(nothing new, i know lol). at first it is his own problem, he gets in a trouble with local company that will use him and his creation. but the more i work on the idea the further it goes. since there is always someone who wants to use creations in wrong ideas it may begin the next world war in the world of the main hero, the war between this local company(which is rich and big and becomes even more powerful as the plot goes(no exactly related to creation)). and now i understood it can get logically to more than world war between companies and governments with mind control weapons. it leads to organizations that are behind governments, well, maybe you heard about somewhat mythological "committee 300".

so my problem is - this happens to every story i try to create. it always leads to highest point(good\evil, the main power) - be that God, devil, Zeus or more "visible" - government and other leaders that are in every world\country(even if it is full of zombies hehe).

the thing is i try to keep things simple but i just cannot stop it - those "climbing higher" is way too logically fit for every story. should i really try my best to keep it more local or let it flow? even if every story will end up being a tale of another reason why world wars(in any worlds) begin?
    when is the story too epic?

i tried do slice of life stories, but it was somewhat boring for me..
    and i really cannot make short stories.
    any ideas on that?
    thank you in advance, it will be a great help.

p.s. my English is really bad, forgive me please(not native speaker... not that it's excuse haha)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You have to decide the scope of the piece of writing and stick to it. No magic, just self-discipline.

3. BrBwithagun

BrBwithagun New Member

hmm, thank you :)

i guess i am not sure how big i want the scope to be sometimes :D but for sure i put too much unnecessary information. will try to fix that(the last time i seriously wrote was when i was like 12... which is like 10 years from now, so i am probably just worry to much about doing everything right... which i didnt do when i was a kid..).