1. psychotick

psychotick Contributing Member Contributor

Trapped in a grrm sandwich!!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by psychotick, Aug 6, 2015.

Dear Agony Aunt,

Put The Arcanist out three weeks ago nearly, and it was doing well so I was happy. Then like an idiot I looked too closely at it's book page. I saw that it was listed as number 12 in the sub-category epic fantasy. It was then that I made my horrible mistake! I clicked on the text link for epic fantasy.

Oh dear God No!!!

Number 11 is GRRM's Clash of Kings and number 13 is GRRM's A Dance With Dragons. I am literally caught in a GRRM sandwich!

What do I do? Get him a shaver?!!!

Cheers, Greg.

Cappy and Pegody and Steerpike like this.
  2. Cappy and Pegody

Cappy and Pegody Member

Well we just epubed 3 days ago and arent available every where yet and can still count sales on both hands:meh:. I guess what I'm sayin' is we would be thrilled to no end to be rated in the top thousand or so. Be thrilled at what you accomplished and happy for what or who GRRM is for having 2 books in your company. Congratulations on your success.

Fullmetal Xeno and psychotick like this.
  3. psychotick

Hi,

Thanks, and likewise. When I first pubbed four years ago I would have been thrilled to have sales like yours. I used to get about a sale a month. But I remember the old mantra - this is a marathon not a sprint.

And GRRM is George RR Martin of Game of Thrones. But thankfully I've escaped his clutches now.

Cheers, Greg.

4. Aaron Lopez

Aaron Lopez Member

The cover for your new book is great, Greg! You must be chuffed with your ranking =)

psychotick likes this.
  5. psychotick

Hi Aaron,

Yeah, thanks. I am pleased. And the cover art is brilliant. I made an executive decision this year that most of my covers would be done by artists and not me and the results have been mixed. The cover to my first book of the year - The Stars Betrayed, was a mess which the artist never finished despite being paid to. (That's the space ship I'm using as my avatar.) But the artist who did The Arcanist has been brilliant. On time, dedicated, adaptable to my wants as the author and talented. Her name is Dani Owergoor, and if you need a cover done you should look her up.

Cheers, Greg.