Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Rocket 2

Justin Rocket 2 Contributing Member

Trump and racism

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Justin Rocket 2, Mar 11, 2016.

What has Trump said that is racist (and, by "racist," I don't mean either "anti-Obama" or "anti-illegal alien")? I have neither the time nor opportunity to follow him all that closely.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Check out the Trump thread. Lots of discussion of him there.

3. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributing Member Contributor

Well, he said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists and murderers for one....

EDIT: Excuse me.. He said Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers. People from other countries are murderers.

4. Justin Rocket 2

"All Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers" is pretty racist* , I think. I did a Google search, though, and I can't find evidence of him saying this.

*technically, it is nationalist whereas "All hispanics are rapists and drug dealers" is racist. But, sure, let's call it 'racist' for the sake of the discussion.

5. Lea`Brooks

I think this article has the exact quote.

6. Raven484

Raven484 Contributing Member

I like Sanders, if he is not nominated I am switching to Trump. I can see how others can form the opinion that he is racists. Building a wall and deporting illegals. Very touchy subject that would have never been an issue if he did not bring it up. Trump is actually backing down a little, that was his strategy. He is willing to start working on getting this resolved. What if something crazy happened in his first year as president and he gets something passed that actually gives illegals working permits or green cards so they can start paying more taxes and hopefully have more say in getting their wages raised so they can afford to live normally. Trump brings the shock and awe, just to bring up the major problem.
    But I can understand why they say he is racist.
    What really bothers me, is Rubio and Cruz. They are now for deportation and you cannot come back. Why are they not labeled racist. Why are their supporters not labeled racist like Trumps. Is it because they are part Cuban, and its ok for them to say this? Personally I think Rubio and Cruz are all talk, they have done nothing to solve this problem except tie it up in congress and hope it goes away. But if you are going to label Trump racist, those two are even worse than him.

7. Justin Rocket 2

That's not racist. It is anti-illegal alien. A racist comment would be "All hispanics (those crossing the border, those already here, and those who haven't yet crossed the border) carry drug problems, crime, and rape around with them like a plague."

8. 123456789

123456789 Contributing Member Contributor

Justin, when you want to hurt an opponent, one thing you can do is accuse that person of bigotry. Has Trump made offensive comments? Sure. Do they justify the Trump phobia seen on the left? Only when you realize most liberals are actually as misinformed as their conservative counterparts.

I have watched many of Trump's speeches and many of the GOP debates, and it is remarkable how little time(if any) is spent talking about hatred and how none of it is about white supremacy. Most of it is about trade. In fact, I would say that the other republicans are more hateful than Trump because Trump at least wants to try to negotiate between between Isreal and Palestine.

I am not pro Trump. Last night Trump was bragging that he knows how big money in politics (essentially bribery) works, because he used to do it to politicians as a business man all his life. Trump says he doesn't want to be controlled by anyone, except the American people. I think Truml doesn't want to be controlled by anyone except Teump. Look at this way. If Hillary is bought by Goldman Sach's and follows Goldman Sach's interests, then Trump is bought by Trump and follows Trump's interests. I fail to see so much of a difference. What makes Trump invaluable is his anti establishment movement. Vote for him and you vote against the establishment. Of course it is much better to vote for Sanders, but that's a different thread.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    matwoolf and Raven484 like this.
  9. Raven484

I also love how foreign government compare Trump to Hitler. They are just in panic because if Trump fixes our trade problems, they will be paying also. They rob us blind just as much as China does.
    They also see there countries falling apart economically and do not want us to change because misery loves company.
    I love how they get on Trump about illegal immigration and taking in refuges. Google the UK, they have serious immigration and refugee problems in their countries, they want us to have the same hell. I understand them blaming us for all of this, and I agree, we should have had a better plan pulling out of the middle east. But not one American made them take in the refugees.
    Trump wants to make a refugee camp in Syria to take care of the refugees while the fighting is going on. If done right it is very humane and solves most of the immigration problems the UK is having now. Why don't they back him on this?

10. Lea`Brooks

Okay, so racist is the wrong word. Xenophobic.

123456789 likes this.
  11. Raven484

How come if you are anti-illegal alien you are not labeled Law Abiding Citizen?

yellowrose64 and 123456789 like this.
  12. Justin Rocket 2

I'm not sure it is xenophobic either since "xenophobic" means "fear of the foreign." Does he think all foreign countries are run by drug pushers and rapists?

13. Lea`Brooks

Being against illegal aliens isn't the same as labeling them all as rapists, murderers, and drug dealers. Almost all republicans are against illegal aliens. They aren't getting the same heat as Trump is though because they aren't insulting those people.

I'm not going to argue semantics. He said what he said, and it was grossly inaccurate and judgmental. No matter what the correct term for it is, he's still not a very nice man to insult all immigrants from foreign countries.

14. Raven484

Ok, so why can't we call him a Law Abiding Bigot! He does not insult legal immigrants. He insults illegals, hence he is insulting criminals, what a loser. Because we all know its not right to insult criminals. And yes, a law abiding illegal immigrant is still a criminal breaking the law.

yellowrose64 likes this.
  15. Lea`Brooks

So because they're law breakers, it's okay to call them rapists, murderers, and drug dealers? That's your logic?

16. Raven484

That's not my logic, some have committed those crimes. And I know its a small percentage. But it is still a problem.
    Think about this, if your little sister was raped, or murdered, or overdosed on drugs given to her by an illegal immigrant, would you be as harsh on Trump. How much do you think your views would change on this subject if it happened? Please respond to this question because I am curious on how you would feel. And yes, I know it could happen with legal citizens committing the same crimes, don't cop out with that answer. Tell me if you would still have the same views about illegal immigration if crimes were committed against you by one of them.
    He is not going to deport all illegals, but don't you think we should deport illegals that have committed crimes in this country. These are the one's I believe Trump will go after. If he did not make this a controversy, nothing will be done.
    Cruz and Rubio want to deport and no return, especially Cruz. But they are not labeled the same as Trump because they don't outright call them criminals.

17. Raven484

Sorry, hit post by mistake before I finished.
    Cruz and Rubio want to deport and no return, especially Cruz. But they are not labeled the same as Trump because they don't outright call them criminals. They do not even want to give the good, hard working illegals a chance, and nobody calls them out on it. But Trump is the devil.
    All three are Bigots, if you are going to label one, label them all. Not just the one you don't like.

18. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I have to step in here and say, all illegals that get caught committing crimes already get deported. That's not even an argument here.

19. Justin Rocket 2

He said
    They ARE bringing drugs. Hiring coyotes is expensive and some people who can't afford them are getting the money by being mules. Others aren't trying to immigrate, they are mules by trade. They ARE bringing drugs. Not all of them, but, when taken as a whole, they are doing it. Again, that in no way means that all of them are doing it.
    They ARE bringing crime (see the above connection to the drug trade).
    I don't support the claim that they are rapists. Some of them are. We need to acknowledge that. Most of them aren't. We need to acknowledge that, too.

20. Raven484

You are right Lew, most get deported. I listed the site below and if you check it out about half way thru, 30% of the illegal immigrants caught at the border already have criminal records here in the US. Imagine how many get thru that were not caught by border patrol.

http://www.cairco.org/issues/united-states-crime

21. Justin Rocket 2

Deporting them is part of the problem, actually.

22. Lea`Brooks

Yes, some have committed those crimes -- but not all of them. Labeling every single immigrant as a rapist, murderer, or drug dealer is completely incorrect and shouldn't be an acceptable thing to say.
    My feelings wouldn't change in the slightest. Because, as a logical human being, I would blame the person who committed this crime, not the group as a whole. Muslims committed a mass shooting in San Bernardino. Do I blame all Muslims? Do I blame the people that sold them the guns? Do I blame gun manufactures for making the weapons? No! I blame the two people who committed that crime, because they are the only people responsible. They committed the act, no one else. So why would I blame any other group or organization? It just doesn't make any sense.
    This is where you're wrong. According to this article, Trumps plans to "deport all 11 million undocumented immigrants – including their U.S. citizen children." So even children who were born here and are legal citizens would be deported too. And how far back is he going to go? How many years? Are 50 year old people who were born here to illegal immigrants going to be shipped off to a country they don't know and have likely never seen? Where does it stop? Is that okay with you?
    Again, I already answered this. They aren't labeled the same because they aren't calling all illegal immigrants murderers, rapists, and drug dealers. Plenty of people are anti-immigration. I don't agree with it, but there's nothing wrong with it. But there's a difference between having an opinion and smearing an entire group of people to fit your agenda.

23. Raven484

No matter what, it is time our government settles this. Give the 99% a green card so they don't have to hide, so they can get better jobs and not slave labor, so they can contribute to our economy better.
    Trump is a bigot, but he also is working to get this done.

24. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Most? I'd say almost ALL of them get deported.

25. Justin Rocket 2

So, after we dig through all the left-wing hysteria, we find that Trump didn't say anything racist. He didn't say anything xenophobic. He called illegal aliens rapists.

I guess, maybe, putting myself in their shoes, if I broke the law (say I stole a car), I'd be upset if I was called a "rapist" rather than a "car thief".

yellowrose64 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.