1. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Women and compliments

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jazzabel, Jul 23, 2013.

Most women have a problem accepting compliments. We receive mixed messages about having to be sexy and demure, hard working and playful, beautiful but not too beautiful, confident but not too confident, assertive but at the same time timid and passive and in the background. This funny video drives a point home :)

1 person likes this.
  2. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

haha that's very funny - I'll leave it to you girls to discuss :)

3. sanco

sanco New Member

Great video :D

4. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Haha, I like it :)

I try to accept compliments graciously; I tend to find the kind of conversations shown (exaggerated, obviously!) in the video pretty tedious so I'd rather just say thanks and get the conversation over with.

The only thing I won't accept as a compliment is being asked for ID when I'm buying alcohol - they aren't saying I'm too beautiful to buy it, they're saying I look immature, and then patronise me by saying it's a compliment! Grr.

5. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I used to be quite like the girls in the video, but now I take compliments graciously. I learned to love myself since I had health problems, and can't believe how critical I was of myself. Makes me feel like a villain.