1. Noya Desherbanté

Noya Desherbanté New Member

Trying to find a children's book, with Jack Frost, and an upside-down world...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Noya Desherbanté, Dec 12, 2010.

I've been desperately trying to find a book I read when I was younger, and having no luck anywhere else (except finding an - unanswered - question exactly like mine on Yahoo! Answers), I thought I would pick the brains of you well-read folk?

I remember it's about a girl, who is so bored she picks out a grey or large book from her fathers library about something very boring... possibly plumbing. As she begins to read she enters another world which is up side down - I remember the phrase Topsy Turvy from the book. There were fairies inside this magical world, and Jack Frost was a continuous evil presence.

The Daisy Meadows books came up as a recurring suggestion, and I know this is CERTAINLY not by Daisy Meadows. I'm pretty sure it's an American book, written in the 80's or 90's, and I must have read it in the very late nineties to early 2000's. I can just see the cover in my mind's eye... I think it's the girl, holding the grey book, running as the world turns topsy-turvy around her. Jack Frost may feature somewhere as well: he's a floating, snowflaky-shaped blue head blowing cold wind at her.

I know this book existed because I remember reading it from the library, and someone on Yahoo! Answers posted about the exact same book!! If anyone could give me some leads, that's a major hole in my childhood filled up...

2. Noya Desherbanté

Noya Desherbanté New Member

Never mind!!! I found it!! :D After years of searching, one casual I'll-see-if-anyone-remembers-it post on Facebook gave up the goods. For any of you who's interested, it's called Toots and the Upside-Down House by Carol Hughes. :') Oh, I'm so happy!!

Feel free to delete this thread! :-D