1. anniede

anniede New Member

Trying to find my perfect Creative Community

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by anniede, Sep 6, 2013.

Hi y'all! I'm Anne and I'm from So California. I've been writing forever (or so it feels like) and though I've published a few non-fiction bits and pieces, I'm still working on the "fiction" side of my creativity.

I've been a part of various writing forums for a while now but haven't found the perfect "creative community" for me to settle down at. Some have been too big, some have been too clique-ish, and others....well, they just haven't been the right "fit" for me and my crazy Muse.

So , I thought I'd do a little exploring this afternoon and see if I can find a new place for us settle down and discuss writing with other writers. Is this it? Who knows.... I hope so!

Anne

2. smerdyakov

smerdyakov Member

Hopefully you'll find what you're lookin for ;)...I had a hiatus of about 3 years but back with a splash now :D

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Anne, and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules, browse the site, and participate. It's good to have you here!

I can't claim we're perfect - who is? - but I think we're pretty darn fine, when you catch us on a good day.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Anne. I do hope you'll like it here but if for some reason we are not a fit for you, I do hope you'll let us know what was good and not so good about the community.

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Anne, I hear ya, I used to look for the perfect fit too, scoured several places before that, even got my ass banned...

I hope you'll like it here, I know I've found this place very inspiring, helpful, and many of the threads have led me to analyze my own writing process and writing in a new, fresh way as well as helped me to understand the reader's position better than before -- despite me being an avid reader myself.

Welcome, and have fun :)

6. ddavidv

ddavidv Senior Member

Only been here a week, and I like the 'feel' of the place already. I've read some great, intelligent responses on here. I know what you mean by trying to find the right fit. Writing is highly personal, and the right support group can be like dating; many to choose from, few you'd want to marry.

7. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

Welcome, Anne! I hope you like it here -- I tried a few forums, too and ended up settling here. What sort of fiction do you like to write?

8. anniede

anniede New Member

A great big thank you to everyone for the wonderful welcome.

I've explored a lot of different genres and come to realize that I like writing mysteries/suspense the most. Writing to me is all about torturing my characters (not literally .... but you get the idea!) and seeing how they survive and those genres are great tools. ;-)

Anne

9. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Hey Anne, welcome :) I too write mystery/suspense. This is a really great place, I hope you settle in well and enjoy your time here.