1. mbinks89

mbinks89 Active Member

Anyone want to swap work?

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by mbinks89, Mar 19, 2013.

Sorry if this is in a wrong section, mods.

If anyone is interested in having feedback on their work from me, and willing to do some on mine, I'd be happy to engage in this little symbiotic relationship. I'm asking this because, while I like the workshop on this site, posting on it will harm my chances of being published.

For those interested, I mainly wrote prose, but do write some poetry, as well as short character sketches. I have written two novellas and am about to finish a novel, but I wouldn't expect anyone would want to sift through those. As for genre, I tend to be all over the place, but magical realism is pretty ubiquitous throughout my work. If I had to label myself, I'd say I write the most in sci-fi, horror, and fantasy.

If interested, just send me a private message.

2. live2write

live2write Senior Member

It is best to post samples on here rather than full novels. Personally I submit drafts of my work in progress and a section of a chapter or two. To be honest it is impossible for somebody to steal 100% of your work if you post 100% of your work. If you post 1% of your novel or sample of work, you are only posting a section of an idea that would be impossible to replicate or copy.

You might want to look up the laws in Intellectual Property and Copyright. Reading this will definitely help you in the long run and will allow you to become familiar with the laws and your rights.

3. mbinks89

mbinks89 Active Member

Good point live2write.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

how is that impossible, live2write?... did you mean if 'you don't post 100%'?...

mbinks...
    i don't swap, but i do mentor writers of prose and poetry, among other writing breeds, so if you want private help, i'm always just a mouse click away...

love and hugs, maia