1. Marc Johnson

Marc Johnson New Member

TV drama

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by Marc Johnson, Aug 13, 2016.

Hello all, I would love some advice from anybody who can help. I have had an idea for a while about what I think would make a really entertaining TV drama, I see it as an hour, hour and a half long feature.
    I have written the concept down. The outline of the story and how I see it as a TV programme. Its a breakdown of events from start to finish.

I don't know what to do next, I don't know who to approach to attempt to bring this to life so I would really appreciate any help available.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you :)

2. Wolfmaster1234

Wolfmaster1234 Member

I would suggest you outline your idea in as much detail as you can, so you know what your are going to do and leave that aside for a bit and familiarize yourself (if you haven't already) with the formatting of a screenplay which can be difficult. A good resource I've found is this: https://www.writersstore.com/how-to-write-a-screenplay-a-guide-to-scriptwriting/
    Once your done with that and your sure screenwriting is for you, just push out as much as you can to finish it, then edit and fine tune it. For a full length movie your looking at 90+ pages, so for a tv episode you should aim for 45- 60 pages..
    Actually getting it made is a different story, some channels (in the uk at least) will ask for submissions but this is to show your talent as a writer so they can consider you for other projects, I personally am not sure how one would go about pitching a tv drama.

3. Marc Johnson

Marc Johnson New Member

Wolfmaster1234. Thank you very much for your input, I really appreciate it

Wolfmaster1234 likes this.