Twist endings.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Ashley Harrison, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

You said there are good and bad ones and it's author's decision. That's either restating the premise of your question, or it's saying you don't have to listen to me, which is against the point of asking a bloody question. Why is this such a big fight to you? I'm trying to give productive advice and you seem intent on being rude about it. Your first response when I asked you what you were trying to say about my answer was pointed sarcasm. How is that fair? I didn't do anything to you. It's a waste of my time answering your question if this is how you repay me. It's only just a tiny bit of gratitude is expected here. It's not that hard. Just respect I'm acting in your interest.
    Now again, can we focus on actually discussing this please? Which was my point, you know. I just want to be helpful.

2. Ashley Harrison

Ashley Harrison Active Member

I think I'll use an apt quote from Alan Bennett that fits this situation; "We seem to be drifting into a redundant intimacy".

I don't want to discuss it anymore, because there isn't anything left to discuss. I've put across my point of view, you've put across your point of view. Neither of us care what we write to one another, so it is senseless to continue going back and forth. It isn't being 'helpful' as you put it, it's just annoying.

Other contributors have already answered my questions better on this subject. I'm not going to reply to you any further, because it's needless to waste anymore time and effort.

3. Ashley Harrison

Thank you again. Is he similar to Stephen King or is he better than him?

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Deaver doesn't write horror, but thrillers. Hard to compare with King. They have entirely different styles and I haven't read King's shorter works in a long time. As far as my own enjoyment, I like Deaver better, since I don't care much for King's later works.

5. Ashley Harrison

It sounds as though I'd like Jeffery Deaver more, as opposed to Stephen King. I like the thriller strands in King's books for example 'Misery', but when he ventures into horror, for example 'Thinner', I'm less of a fan. :)

6. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

I care about this because you have been rude and you are continuing. W.H.Y? What did I do? Why can't we sort out the confusion politely? I didn't even disagree with you before you started with the hostility. It feels very unfair.