1. BlackTwists

BlackTwists Banned

Comic Book Story Idea!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by BlackTwists, Jul 6, 2011.

Ok soooo here is my idea (* = im going to fill it in later):

There once was a old folktale of two beasts who fought constantly over the world. One wanted to blanket the world in harmony and the other wanted the world consumed in darkness for himself to control. Since they were complete opposites they cancled each other out. One day the "evil" fowl used all of his might in a attack against the "good" dragon; their power made the earth shake and the heavens roar. The battle ended with the "evil" fowl seriously injured on the ground (His body decomposes and radiates energy but his vigorus soul remains) and the "good" dragon in constant pain, blind and continually flying through the clouds; his body turning from physical to spiritual (His physical body decomposing in the air and emitting energy).

* years later in the year 20**, the corpse of the fowl is studied by humans and the dragon's spirit almost dies out. With the dragons last bit of energy he locates the nearest source of a * pearl ('cause those types of pearls makes dragons stronger) to survive. He enters the pearl necklace of 15 year old Andrew Fall (italian-american). At the time Andrew was with his freinds 16 year old Lee (british), 15 year old Jordan (black), and 14 year old Ryan (latino) eating pizza and watching t.v. The impact of the dragon's spirit entering the pearl sent a energy wave out and it hit the teens. From that energy wave Andrew gained the ability to manipulate wind, Lee gained the ability to manipulate fire, Jordan was able to manipulate electricity and Ryan had the ability to emit concetrated lazer beams.

The impact knocked them out and when they woke up the dragon spirit (residing in Andrew's pearl to grow stronger) pleaded for them to help him eradicate the fowl's spirit with their newfound power for the sake of the world. The fowls spirit needed to be destroyed so that the dragon could leave the land of the living knowing that the fowl was unable to continue his goal. Along their quest they will meet dangerous foes like a grim-reaper themed no-nonsense vigilante, a cunning and ruthless mob boss who can manipulate blood, a sickly man who thrives on the destruction of life and a mysterious masked group of people whos power are greater than many!

So now that you read my story idea can you guys help me on making ideas for arcs or overall character storylines? Also if you have any questions about the story then ask :D

Thanks!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?

Also, it's your story, so it really is your job (and priviledge) to come up with the story points.

3. BlackTwists

BlackTwists Banned

Of course the story is MY responsibility but it dosent hurt to get suggestions, y'know. Im not going to forcefully insert story suggestions but see how it would fit and how i could put it in an interesting way. Thanks for directing me to the other thread, though.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

have you studied the very specialized craft of writing text for comic books?... do you intend to do the artwork, too?

5. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

No. You do it. We're not here to build your story up for you from an idea. That's your job.

I have only one question. Why in God's name is a sixteen year old boy wearing a pearl necklace?

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The harm is that you get into the habits of trying to please others and of letting them do your thinking for you. You learn nothing positive from that kind of activity.

7. BlackTwists

BlackTwists Banned

lol i meant inputs or suggestions, not crucial plot points and such. also for the necklace its just a pearl on a string given to him by his mom, not a full fashion accessory!

8. BlackTwists

BlackTwists Banned

lol i havent studied specialized craft but im a pretty good artist so i do plan to do the artwork. i already have a couple concept pictures too!

9. BlackTwists

BlackTwists Banned

yeah i understand. when taking in comments and critisism ill remember that in the end its my story idea and not anybody elses!

10. flipflop

flipflop New Member

start by by thinking of a character flaw, in each of your characters, that must be overcome by the end of the story. Then think of an act, that the kids can do, that has good intentions but in the end turns out to make things worse. Then think of a second act that tries to fix the first mistake but again makes things absolutely dire. Think of a one in a million act that requires all characters to face there personal fears and also fix the catastrophe as well by a whisker then finish with "the end"

11. mammamaia

if you haven't studied how to write the script for comics, you should, before trying to do so...

because, if you don't intend to pay to have your book printed, you'll have to submit the script to publishers, so it's necessary to know how they want it written/presented to them... seems to me you're putting your cart miles ahead of your horse...

12. BlackTwists

BlackTwists Banned

im not interested in all of that full fleged stuff now,man, cause im not making professional, book style, freshink colored comics anytime soon. im talking about the story itself.

13. mammamaia

ok, man! [btw, i'm not one, i'm an old lady ;-) ]... if you need help with the story, i can give you a hand, but only if it's violence-free...