1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Battlestar Galactica The Final Season

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lordofhats, Mar 31, 2008.

I love this show. The re-imagined Battlestar is the best sci-fi series I've seen since the X-Files and I dare say its even better tha Stargate or Firefly. Anyone else love BSG? THe FInal season starts this Friday.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Oh screw you. Britain has to wait.

*sulks*

EDIT: And for the record, BSG is probably the third best sci-fi series. Firefly is better, marginally, and Farscape is better than both.

3. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I've heard good things about this show, but not being a big fan of watching tv I can't say I'm excited or not. More of a movie person myself. Still, I'd have to say that in terms of Sci Fi shows the old Twilight Zone takes the cake. :D

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Eh, I was never a fan of Farscape, though I will give it its proper respect because it was a good show. In my book the best Sci-Fi series are:

1. X-Files (Mulder is the coolest FBI agent eva!)
    2. Battlestar Galactica Re-imagined
    3. Star-Gate SG1 (O'Niell RULZ :D)
    4. Heroes (I call it sci-fi but that is debatable)
    5. Fire-Fly

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I personally still prefer SG-1 over Galactica, but there is no question that Galactica is a fine offering. I am also a Heroes fan, although the truncated second season was considerably weaker than the first season.

I'm one of the apparent minority who found Firefly tedious and flat, and X-Files never really grabbed me either. Doctor Who is a long time favorite of mine, even though it is rather campy at times, And Torchwood is very good also.

Babylon 5 was an excellent series also.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Lord of hats I totally agree. I also love this show and love where its been going this last four years. Its a sad shame its come to a final season but then its better to end on a high and finsih the unfinished storyline off.

Now I have heard rumours that a similar seiries by the same people will be based on galactica 80 to be named Galactica Earth. Also there is a spin off show to begin in 2009-2010 called caprica one its elegedly set 40 years ago based on the adama family and about the first Cylon war. So its not the end far from it its thebeginning of the cash ins. lol serioulsy though it sounds good.

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I could believe anything about a possible spin off at this point. BSGRI is so popular they'd be fools not to do something with it after the end of the Fourth Season. I'd like to see what the lives of various characters was like before the fall of the colonies in more detail if you ask me. That would be interesting.

8. Cogito

They would do well to forget that Galactica 1980 ever existed. The original BG, as bad as it was, was outstanding by comparison to g80!

But if we want to talk about the Worst of the Worst - anyone remember Space:1999?
    <quickly handing out the green airline bags>

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Ehhhhhh. *Shivers*

I never much liked GSB 1980. I thought it was stupid, though that might jsut be because I was a kid and didn't get the more intricate plot lines. But still, why get into BSG 1980 when I have BSG 2004 :p?

10. Cogito

No, Galactica 1980 really was awful. New cast, embarassingly weak storylines, reduced budget - it was a perfect example of the folly of trying to reanimate a dead series.

11. Banzai

I agree with Cog. BSG 1980 was awful. The orginal still makes me laugh, because it's the epitome of camp 70s sci-fi.

Actually, now that I think about it, the new series of Doctor Who begins on Saturday. Huzzah :D

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Ha I liked the pilot move Galactica 80. the budget was fair game in that. But they lost the plot in the series afterwoods and called it a day then one months later after cancelled they brought old Dirk back to be starbuck one last time to finalise the show.

The rumours on Galactica Earth are strong and I think they want to tell the story only in a better written format and with actors that can act and with a better budget.

The early 80s lacked all of that.

13. Banzai

If they are going to make Galactica Earth, they better have a phenomenal writing team. Personally, I'd feel better if they laid it to rest, and focused on the Caprica series.

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Damn my grammar at times. lol

Yeah I agree with you Banzai on the fact they need good writers for GE as for Caprica One yeah now that sounds really good. :)

15. lessa

lessa New Member

I watched the original pilot of BSG and was hooked.
    I have always loved listening to Lorne Green so that is why I loved the show.
    Sort of corney but I had a small baby and a young son so I needed the escape at the time. Besides the strange cylon voices facinated Dom so he was quiet. Didn't watch the show but when the cylons spoke he stopped what ever he was doing and listened.
    Haven't watched the new ones. They just can't capture another voice of authority like Lornes.

16. Edward

Edward Active Member

I missed the miniseries and the first season, but I've been hooked on Battlestar Galactica since I saw one of those recap-told-as-a-story things for the show. Seeing the commercials since December has been excruciating.

Unfortunately though, because of the new DVR I didn't get to see the two Battlestar specials that were on last Friday.

Also:
    You best be meaning for America! As awesome as Human Nature is, I can't deal with reruns on the BBC America... You'd think they'd be getting new episodes first...

Also, it seems Sarah Jane Adventures is coming on SciFi now, and nobody told me...

17. Banzai

Nope. Good old Britain :D

I just hope it's as good as the third season. Have you yanks even had that yet?

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    As I recall, Whedon himself has said he was humbled by BSG. That said, I can't wait till Friday.
    Yes; we've had the third season get airtime here.

Lee is my new favorite character; I never thought anybody would be able to dethrone Galen, though.

19. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

So, its saturday. Who watched the premire for Season Four? I liked it. Excellent opening battle and the return of Starbuck was smashing :D.

20. Cogito

I saw it, but please be careful about spoilers.

21. Raven

Raven Banned

Yeah we get it aired shortly. So bare in mind not everyone will see it as the others.

22. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

No spoilers were included in said post so don't worry. Heck the pre-season advertisements showed more than I said. No worries.

23. Cogito

Just wanted to make sure you and everyone else kept spoiler etiquette in mind. :)

For those who may not already know, if you enclose spoiler material like this:

[noparse]
    Wow, wasn't it cool when Starbuck...
    [/noparse]

it will appear like this:

Wow, wasn't it cool when Starbuck...

24. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    I was a little miff'd. Hte religious themes are much less subtle this time round.
    However, I'm still entranced by the cover of All Along the Watchtower they used in the season 3 finale.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1__dINxiXU

25. Raven

Raven Banned

Well the season 4 trailer looks really good.