1. vermissage

vermissage Member

Two Cliches

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vermissage, Sep 21, 2016.

A Starving Artist trying to write The Great American Novel is the who and what I am. The how can be traced to reading a Victorian and an English-writing Nigerian novelists I read in high school. I was so blown away that I knew that there was nothing that was going to matter as much as writing from then on.

As of today, I've completed one novel-length manuscript, and I have another waiting in the wings. Trial and error was how I eventually got the first whatchamacallit completed, a process which took about 6 years. (I kept writing it over and over again until I got something resembling a novel.) I presume I learned something from that ordeal and expect the second one to go a lot smoother. Maybe you guys can help.

zoupskim and Mocheo Timo like this.
  2. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to sharing thoughts and hopefully we can be of help to each other.

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Check out the bit about the workshop if you're planning to have parts of your manuscript critiqued. ;)

Have fun!
    -Kat

4. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Active Member

Hey, @vermissage. I'm 100% sure you'll get whatever help you're looking for around. The people here aren't exactly what you would call normal, but I think they don't bite (I've been here a while and I haven't been bit until now!). Your intro title made me read your self-presentation. Well, enjoy your stay, and I hope you feel welcome in the community.

5. vermissage

vermissage Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Writing is a lonely occupation. This makes it a little less so.

6. SethLoki

SethLoki Unemployed Autodidact Contributor

Sir @vermissage,
    where can I taste a sample of your wares? Six years a slave to one mission on your score has piqued an interest here on mine.

Give a little :)

7. vermissage

vermissage Member

I haven't published it, if that's what you're thinking. I'm rewriting it at the moment if you can believe that, but I'd happy to give you a peak of the first draft here, on this site, after I've met the requirements.

8. SethLoki

SethLoki Unemployed Autodidact Contributor

I know what that entails—empathy here and I'm a-looking forward to peeking. :)