1. Passero

Passero Member

Two months late introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Passero, Feb 19, 2014.

I must have missed this part of the forum when I joined, almost 2 months ago...

Better late then never I guess...

I joined this forum to learn more about writing. I am a complete newbie when it comes to writing but I enjoy scribbling my thoughts and ideas down.
    When I think about it... I am actually not new to the writing bit, I am only new to the creative writing bit.
    I have a popular blog containing boring articles about a niche in the IT. I also wrote a book about the same niche but strangely enough, I don't like that book but when a publisher asks you to write a book, you hardly can say no, just because you don't like the format of the book.

Creative writing is actually a hobby that does not really fit into the picture. If I would give you list of hobbies and you would need to pick the one that does not fit, creative writing would definitely be the one.

My other hobbies are:
    * Macro photography: yes I take pictures of the small things. Mainly insects and flowers. Here's my Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yanongena/
    * Astronomy: when I was living in Belgium I was on the board of a local astronomy club. I was doing lectures, classes and so on. Oh, and yes I also take pictures of the night sky.
    * Building robots: yes the ones that can take over the world. I focus less on building but more on the brains. I love making robots smart so I focus a lot on AI and try to let my robots make their own decisions.

Needles to say that I love to read/write science fiction and fantasy.

That's about it, I guess.
    I'm an open book so if anybody wants to know anything else, just ask :)

2. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Better late than never, aye? :) Are you originally from the U.K? Something in the flavor of your screen name had me thinking you were Italian or maybe Portuguese for a while there.

3. Passero

Passero Member

Ah my screen name... Funny story. When we were on holiday in Italy when I was 14 I was using my dad his camera to shoot pictures of birds. There were a lot of sparrows and I wanted to know what the Italian name was... Passero. Since then I used it as my online alias...
    Nothing Italian, Portuguese or Spanish in my roots. I was born in Belgium and lived their until about 2.5 years ago. I moved to the UK to pursue my career in IT.