1. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

Well, hi there.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by J. McGrath, Feb 18, 2014.

Hello. J. McGrath, here.

I guess this is my introduction.

I'm a creative writing student. I figured I might get some motivation and help on a creative writing forum, so here I am. I'm very unconventional and have a weird obsession with Apple products. I'm also the only writer I know who doesn't really like to read. I have two cats and I'm a military wife who will be moving to Hawaii in less than six months. I lack discipline when it comes to writing and I don't know how to fix it.

Help.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello! Welcome to the forum. :)

I have five (5) Macs. Two Macbook Pros, a Mac Mini, an iMac and a MBA. ;) (and of course iPad and iPhone)

You'll find a few others here.

I spent the better part of my childhood in Hawaii. My dad was stationed twice, back to back, at Hickam AFB, Honolulu, HI. Charmed childhood, to be sure. I went to Nimitz Elementary, Aliumanu Intermediate and then Radford Highschool. ;)

You'll find plenty of advice here. Have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

Thanks for the links to the Forum Rules and FAQ.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Hello, J McGrath. Welcome to the site and don't worry, I'm a writer but don't read much myself.

5. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

Hello! Thanks! Good to know I'm not utterly alone. D:

6. Wreybies

Told ya' you weren't :p What branch of the service is your hubby in?

7. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

He's in the Marine Corps. :)

8. Wreybies

Kaneohe Bay, then? :) If you're adventurous and are into exploring new cultures and the like, Hawaii is going to be everything you think it is and soooo much more. Do Waikiki, see it, you have to at least see it, but then forget it after that. As someone who is going to live there, there is so much more to explore and see and try and eat and do away from the tourist block. Hawaii has a beauty that will leave you breathless, but to really see it, you need to get away from the buildings and hotels and all that. I truly feel like my childhood was as charmed as charmed can be growing up with so many different kinds of people from all over the Pacific Rim, different languages, foods.... le sigh. :) When we left Hawaii, and I remember this like it was yesterday, I cried the entire flight to LAX. It's a 9 hour flight. I've been back numerous times because it's like a drug and I have no resolve to fight it. GET DIVE CERTIFIED if you're not already. It's like science fiction down there under the crystal water. ;)

9. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

LOL Apparently there are a lot of fears I have to face! (Trying new things and fricken diving!)