1. Wolfmaster1234

Wolfmaster1234 Member

Two projects at once. Feasable?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Wolfmaster1234, Dec 30, 2015.

So i have recently got into writing more and i am currently about a month into the project im working on. But the problem is i have new idea and i really like it , i feel it is blocking my creativity on my other project and will till I start it. But I really want to keep doing my current project as well. My question is working in two projects at once with limited time feasable?

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Definitely. It's just going to lengthen the time frame in which you finish either one of them.

3. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Supporter Contributor

Lots of people have multiple works in progress and I know some authors who usually have a few things going on at the same time.
    It just depends how much time you have, if there are deadlines, and if you can handle the workload.

4. Sarah's scribbles

Sarah's scribbles Member

Not so much a question of if it's feasible. I have the same problem. I start one and I was so excited because my current main project just got past 13K words. It's more so a question of if you can do it. Lots of people do more than one work at a time. anime companies and movie makers have dozens of projects going on at any one time, but some if not most fall through. that's more so due to money and paying people for their time, but what you need to understand is some of your projects will never finish, but you need practice at least finishing one of your projects whether it's number 1 or number 277

5. BayView

BayView Contributing Member Contributor

It works for some people, doesn't work for others.

You may as well try it and see how it goes for you!

6. Wolfmaster1234

Wolfmaster1234 Member

Thanks for the input guys.
    Well I'm going to start the other and try and keep up with both at once and see how it goes.

7. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributing Member Contributor

Personally, I can't work on more than one story at a time.

If an idea strikes while I'm working on something else, I either write it down (if I'm really, really sure it's a good idea) or wait a day. If I still remember it the next day (without writing it down) then I write it down (Stephen King's advice).

Bottom line: I do whatever it takes to stay focused on the story at hand while preserving new ideas for later.

123456789 likes this.
  8. Tea@3

Tea@3 Contributing Member

Only make notes on the new one to get it out of your system, but keep plugging at the other one until you've mined it all out. Then your notes will be waiting for you, to start the second one.