1. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Uh, a little late there, Lilith...(A progress thread) (Erotic romance)

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Lilith_Duat, Mar 7, 2015.

The book involved is erotic romance. Assume all links are NSFW. You've been warned.

My debut erotic romance novel Balance in Chaos is on Kindle, available for pre-order. It is set for a March 31st 2015 release. I did most of the work myself, save for writing since the novella is co-written.

I learned how to format an e-book using tutorials, and I'm in Canada so ISBNs are free.

We're going to try KDP to see how good the borrows are and how much revenue it brings in. When the 90 day exclusivity is over, we'll release in other formats and compare/contrast.

So now I'm in the promo phase.

I got my book in the WF Bookstore.

I emailed a bunch of reviewers to see if they're interested in reviewing the book.

Next plan is to email my local sex-positive adult stores and ask if I could place some fliers in their shops. My co-author and I are fortunate enough to live in two separate cities with healthy and open kink communities The downside to this is travel. I don't have a reliable mode of transportation and that will be a lot of busing.

Meanwhile, we're planning our next erotic romance, our own personal take on magical girls.

Stay tuned!

Hubardo and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

The synopsis sounds intriguing. I love the concept.

3. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Thank you very much. Today was spent sending off the aforementioned emails. Now we wait.

4. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Well, one of the shops I emailed got back to me. They said they would do the fliers if I agreed to do a reading.

There are some logistical problems to this.

First off, my co-author is in Seattle. I and the store are in Vancouver, Canada. She can't come up here until May. This could work because our 90 day exclusivity ends by July and we'd be on all platforms in July so it would be sort of a hype machine for that.

Second, I am rather...er, distinct. Certain health issues, as well as just my natural look make difficult to forget and I kind of wanted to leave who I was a mystery in case I wanted to pursue more mainstream work.

I have things to consider.

5. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Progress update:
    Balance in Chaos is on The Romance Review's front page under headlines http://www.theromancereviews.com so that's fun! Hopefully it will lead to some pre-sales.

Another store I emailed got back to me and stated I may post fliers and so I will. I printed up 125 4x6 post cards from London Drugs and I will print another 125 at Walmart, to see if the quality is different. I was going to pick up the printouts today but it's cold and rainy and I feel a little ill from having poor sleep last night. I'll do it tomorrow.

I spent today changing the layout of Brokenwingsmedia.com to make it feel like I was doing something productive.

And that's today's progress report.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  6. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Datapoints for others who want to print out their own fliers.

Yesterday was a day of experimentation.

I purchased 125 4x6 glossy printouts from London Drugs, and 125 4x6 glossy printouts from Walmart. I used the same image file for both vendors

On the left is the Walmart one. They were 3 dollars more expensive, and the cropping is poor, too close to the edge, and the colours more vibrant.

On the right is the London Drugs one. It has better cropping, deeper colours and was cheaper. Also London Drugs allowed me to upload and pay from home. An error prevented me from doing that at Walmart. So London Drugs is more convenient as well.

I will go with London Drugs for my printing needs from now on. photo2.jpg

Then I went downtown and put 50 London Drugs made fliers in one of my city's more popular goth/fetish/clubwear stores. My fliers now share space with fliers that advertise my city's kink nights, weekend get aways, art shows and events.

photo1(2).jpg

Okon and GingerCoffee like this.
  7. Okon

Okon Contributing Member Contributor

I like your cover—simple and classy—and admire the footwork you're putting into this.

8. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Thank you!
    I made a blog post about the evolution of the cover here. NSFW.

9. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

The proofs from CreateSpace arrived! I sent one to my co-author. Everything looks good, but one proof has a bit of crookedness on the cover, but the other two don't.

Everything looks good, otherwise.

The 31st is just around the corner!

10. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

We got our first Goodreads review! That was exciting.

Today I joined some Goodreads groups and socialized a bit. Just a tiny update today.

11. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Balance in Chaos comes out tomorrow!

In preparation, I've uploaded a free sample on Goodreads.

Warning: There is violence and sexual content in the sample. Not Safe for Work!

You cool with that?

Then click here

12. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Well, it's out now! You can buy it through the Writing Forums' bookstore and help this forum out. Also, get it for free if you're a Kindle Unlimited user.

13. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Onto my next project!

For which I have a question:
    The next project is just a set of erotic shorts, one story over something like 7 "episodes". My question is, should we write/edit/etc the first one and publish it, then work on the next, or should we have a few under our belt to create sort of a buffer and release them on a set schedule, or should we finish all 7 before releasing?

14. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Very excited to announce that Balance in Chaos will take part in The Romance Review's Sizzling Summer Party this June! We'll be one of the many, many multiple questions in their game. The prize is a copy of the ebook. I'll provide more info when I have it.

I played their last month long game and even won some goodies and I had buckets of fun, hope you guys will play too.

15. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Balance in Chaos is FREE this weekend! 20th-21st. Get it while you can!

16. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributing Member Contributor

My damn Kindle. Says the Kindle store is down right now. I'll try again tomorrow. The premise seems really interesting!

17. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Thank you for your book. I have to go look up my Amazon password, I don't know why I'm signed out. But I left the tab open so I can get it.

18. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Balance in Chaos is 30% off through All Romance Ebooks this Labor Day.

Our next novella is currently in the editing phase and we're aiming to release it on Halloween.

19. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

I'm in the process of writing out the back blurb for our next novella, an erotic horror. I would very much appreciate some impartial eyes on it? Feel free to rip it up.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  20. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

The Disturbia Ritual is now available for pre-order. Expect it to be delivered in your Kindle on Hallowe'en!
    [​IMG]
    The Disturbia Ritual.
    You can also add it to Goodreads.
    Special thanks to Caelyx, Kyle Cong and Sarah Mysynuk for developing the cover image for us.

21. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Just one more sleep and The Disturbia Ritual will be available. Very exciting.

22. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Starting Friday, and ending Monday 11:59pm PST, all titles at Broken Wings Media are on sale!

A friendly reminder that all works on Broken Wings Media are erotica and suitable for +18 only.

23. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

So, quite a bit has happened.
    Balance in Chaos has grown into a series and the second part is out now!
    Ecstasy in Chaos

Synopsis:
    Ourania and Pandemos, two aspects of the same goddess, dual aspects of all love. Together, they are Aphrodite. Apart, they oversee separate parts of love - of man and of woman. Yet the love they both seek for themselves is that of the war god Ares.

Finally, the time has come to decide which of them may claim Ares and become the true goddess of all love. In a contest of lust they must one by one select scrolls with the names of gods, monsters and man to prove their power over love. The rules are in place, challenge is accepted and may the best goddess rule.

Ecstasy in Chaos is a followup to Balance in Chaos and book #2 of The Mythophilia Series. It features explicit scenes of erotica and is for mature readers only. Reader discretion advised.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  24. Lilith_Duat

Lilith_Duat Member

Aaaand I'm back!
    When last we left the intrepid erotica writer, she had just released the second part of The Mythophilia Series. Then she took a break. Then her hard drive fried and she had to get a new one. While her laptop was out of commission, she worked on her vanilla stuff.

But she's back! With two short stories. One is a taboo tale of animal lust, the other an erotic dark tale of bullying and revenge.

Due to content, I will just link to my blog where one can find buy links. http://brokenwingsmedia.com
    They are 0.99 USD, 1.25 CAD or free with Kindle Unlimited.

What's next for our plucky fantasy fetishist? Wait and see.

I hope you enjoy.