Ummm... what the?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by missupernatural, Jan 5, 2008.

1. crackpot

crackpot New Member

Why is the site so frequently offline... It's like you're in the middle of viewing something and it doesn't work. Is it just a hosting problem?

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

It does seem to be playing up a bit lately. See my screw up in the poetry contest voting thread for an example.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I have noticed that in thepast couple weeks, performanc of this site degrades sharply beginning in late afternoon and running to close to midnight, eastern US time. This suggests to me that it is network traffic related. I doubt it is directly connected to this site's normal traffic, but I don't know if this site is hosted by a dedicated server, or a server shared with other sites (Daniel?)

I have found the site to be unusable in any practical sense in the evening hours lately. My apologies to a few of you waiting for reviews.

4. Tari

Tari New Member

The site seems to work best in the morning, for me. Between 1 AM and 10 AM PST. I'm not able to load the site in the afternoon sometimes, or it just takes incredibly long to load (often with errors).

5. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

That's interesting.

Here in Australia, where it's around 6pm CST, the site is working perfectly fine. However, over the day, it's been on and off at random.

This then suggests to me, considering the above posts, that the site goes down constantly over a 24-hour period, affecting all the different time zones.