(Un)Retired Superheroes

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

Jacob watched his teammates be led away by the ninjas. He wanted to leap out, singing death and destruction, but knew to hold back. He bode his time until everything was clear, and slunk out of the building towards the parked ship.
    He made his way to the place where the League of Heroes were being held and peaked through the small window in the sealed iron door. There they were, the world's greatest heroes: Strong-Arm, Shaprshooter, Arianrhod, and Hat Man. They were as still as corpses, breathing softly, peaceful expressions on their faces. Jacob knew what he had to do. He had to sing them out of their deep sleep. He couldn't get through the door, but maybe if he sang loud enough and passionately enough, they could hear him through the thick metal barrier.
    As he moved, Jacob was reminded of the shuriken wound to his shoulder. Shrugging out of his jacket and shirt, he dug through things until he found what he assumed was an alien medical kit, and quickly patched himself up, praying it wasn't poison he was applying.
    Pulling his shirt back on, he went back to the comatose heroes and knelt. He held out his hand and reached out with his senses.
    Eventually ge saw it, heard it, the pieces of Morgana's magic, warring with death over the claim to their lives.
    After a few moments, Jacob took a breath and gathered his power.
    "Amazing grace," he sang, "how sweet the sound...
    The effect was almost immediate. The League of Heroes were stirring in their sleep. Arianrhod was the first to get up: her eyes snapped open and she screamed and jumped to her feet. Strong-Arm was next, sitting up and rubbing his temples. "Please tell me this isn't the afterlife," he groaned. Sharpshooter was next, rolling straight off the table that he was laid on, and then Hat Man calmly stood up and adjusted his hat to make sure it covered half his face in shadow.

"You!" Arianrhod yelled when she saw Jacob. She flew at the door in a burst of speed and ripped right through it like it was made of aluminum. Then she grabbed Jacob by the shirtfront and yelled in his face, "Are you the one behind all of this? Where is Silhouette? Give me answers!"

"He is not behind this," Strong-Arm grumbled, pulling Arianrhod back. "I remember him fighting by Silhouette's side. He's a friend." Then he looked at Jacob. "Take us to Silhouette," he ordered.

Jacob arched a brow at the impertinent young pup giving orders to the man who'd just pulled him back to the land of the living. Still, he led them back to the enemy lair, explaining the situation. "If we can get into where they've stashed the weapons they looted from us, then the others will have better chance once we free them."

2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Ripoff was barely aware of the havoc around him. A hand was reaching down, and its owner was speaking, Ripoff thought. He saw the mouth move, heard the noises, but couldn't make any sense of them. He allowed the arm to help him up, and slumped against the man, hollow eyed, still muttering.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

"Rip-off," Danny began as he tried shifting with Rip-off hanging on to him. I can't fly with him like this. He picked out Emma by the pile of weapons and shuffled over to her. There was constant muttering in his ear which faded together with the muttering inside his own head. As Danny passed Kiamo's body again and this time, his body couldn't survive the sight. His stomach was empty now so only bile could rise. It burned his throat and Danny had to stop as his whole body retched. "Sorry mate," he mumbled as he caught Rip-off's shoes.

4. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

When Ripoff and Kiamo charged up the stairs, Nyr was right behind them… but not for long. She said she would face Kwan Yin. She didn’t say she would take part in a suicide charge straight at the woman. They entered the main room of the factory and found Kwan Yin waiting for them, with a circle of ninjas and Silhouette writhing on a ritualistic altar.

That’s all Nyr needed to see. She broke off from the others and snatched up a discarded long staff from the floor. All those dead ninjas meant plenty of discarded weapons. While Kiamo and Ripoff went for Kwan Yin, Nyr quickly carved out a hole in the floor and fell through into the basement area once more.

She continued running beneath the factory floor and could hear the sounds of battle above her. Kwan Yin’s obnoxious cackling. Ninja bodies hitting the floor. Kiamo’s death. Ripoff’s battlecry. As she ran, she cut through walls and vaulted over obstacles, maintaining a straight path. She had to get the distance right. If she miscalculated, this would end horribly.

Here, Nyr thought as she skidded to a stop in an empty storage room. She hesitated for a moment, and stared up at the ceiling. No time for doubts. Just do it. Raising the staff, she stabbed it into the rafters and circled the room, trying to make the cutout as wide as possible and praying she was in the right spot.

She got about two-thirds of a circle complete before the ceiling collapsed under its own weight. Nyr leapt back as the room’s ceiling caved in. When the smoke and dust cleared, there was Sophie, lying atop the rubble. The alien scrambled over the debris until she reached her friend and scooped her up. “Sophie… Sophie…” she slapped her cheek. “Wake up, you fool. Gaaah!”

Nyr howled in pain as a ninja star embedded itself in her shoulder. She looked up to see half a dozen ninjas standing around the opening of the hole, with their weapons ready. Clutching Sophie, she began to back away, deeper into the darkened halls of the basement.

“Do not come any closer,” she warned as she slipped into the shadows, “or I will snap your precious Kachina’s neck.”

5. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Sapphire saw Danny land a couple of feet away, and charged towards them. The moment she reached them, then floor caved in about 3 yards away from here. Silhouettes limp body fell down into the newly created sinkhole.

She gave Danny a small shove. "Go! Help her!" She said as the knelt down near Rip-Off. His mind was....chaotic. Like a puzzle. She placed a hand on his forehead, and started putting the pieces back together.

6. I.A. By the Barn

Danny ran as fast as he could, passing Kiamo's body again. He wiped the bile from his chin, hoping Emma didn't notice.
    How am I supposed to help? Ninjas surrounded the hole staring straight down so they weren't paying much attention to him. I have a knife and my body. Body... he glanced back at Kiamo's again and then back at Emma. She's fine. It's going to be fine. Three months ago he had gotten arrested for headbutting some mugger, there was no chance of that here.
    Thwack! He leapt and ran at one of the ninjas, making him slump over the edge of the hole. With no time to register the fall, Danny fell into the hole. Again he regretted that as the again the pain up his legs was searing. In the gloom he spotted the four eyes of Nyr and stumbled towards her, making sure to move far into the cavern. Stars rained down from above, one catching his leg.
    "Sophie!" he panicked seeing her limp body in Nyr's arms.

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    "You...you saved me?" Silhouette asked in a weak, trembling voice. She looked up into Nyr's face. A brief smile curved her lips, but she was too weak to even use her face muscles. Her expression relaxed and she leaned against Nyr's chest. "I knew...I knew you liked me. Underneath...your...tough girl act...you're just a big softie, aren'tcha?"

When Danny arrived, Silhouette lifted her head a few inches and smirked at him. "Pigeon Man to the rescue," she teased. Silhouette's dry humor came out in the most dire situations. Strong-Arm had once told her that it was a coping mechanism to deal with all the horrible things she witnessed, and the horrible things she sometimes had to do, as a superhero. But her dry humor alone wouldn't be able to save her this time.

Above in the factory, the fight was beginning in earnest. The ninjas were not distracted anymore and they had quickly regained their wits. Mack, who was charging at them with a staff, was quickly disarmed by a ninja that yanked the staff out of his hands and kicked him in the chest. Mack flew back three feet before hitting the ground and rolling until he hit the wall. The air was knocked out of him and he clutched his ribs in pain.

Before the ninjas could fully begin to attack, though, someone whistled loudly. All the ninjas turned to see the entire League of Heroes lined up in the front entrance in a V-formation, with Strong-Arm in the front. On his right stood Sharpshooter, who was the one who had whistled to draw their attention. "Works every time," Sharpshooter joked as he lifted a sleek black rifle to shoot at the ninjas. He shot two of them dead before Kwan Yin shrilled, "Attack, Shadowhands, attack! Die for the cause! Die for Kachina!" The ninjas charged forward while screaming, "Die for Kachina! Die for Kachina!" The League met them head on and a fierce battle ensued.

While they fought, Kwan Yin jumped down into the hole and landed on the pile of rubble with perfect form, not disturbing any rocks or making even the slightest noise. She stood very still for a long moment and quietly observed Nyr.

"I will make short work of you, upstart alien," Kwan Yin promised. To Danny, she said, "Stay out of my way, bird freak, or I will clip your wings. That is a promise, not a threat." Then Kwan Yin shrugged off her bright crimson robe and revealed the tight black clothes she wore underneath, identical to Silhouette's costume. For an ancient hag, her body was not stooped or flabby: she was in amazing shape, as lean and fit as any of the Shadowhands that fought for her. Wrapped around her wiry arms were the long chains she had briefly used to kill Kiamo Ko. Now she shrugged and the chains dropped to the floor, extending fully, the ends still coiled around her bony hands. The curved scythe-like blades attached to the chains glinted dangerously in the dim lighting. With a wicked smile, Kwan Yin lifted her arms and started swinging the chains in wide circles as she slowly walked closer and closer to Silhouette.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  8. I.A. By the Barn

Danny stayed right by Nyr and Sophie, even with the blades swinging closer by the second. They were still stained with blood from Kiamo, and Danny prayed not from anyone else. I'm already bleeding, the only people I care about are here and above, so what does it matter if I get a little trim, he thought with a morbid smile.
    Everyone's heartbeat was strong and Danny felt surges of panic as he realised he was hearing less and less from above. Why do people have to be killed to be defeated?
    "I'm not going to lie, Kwan Yin, there's no point right now. I'm fucking terrified of you. But not really of my own death." I'm just scared for the others, do they all have families? Some yes for sure, but others... I hope Emma finds a use for those steaks.

9. AnonyMouse

“Embrace it, the fear,” Nyr said to Danny as she gently laid Silhouette against the wall and stood to face Kwan Yin. She took on a fighting stance, as if she wished to engage in hand-to-hand combat, like the spinning blades weren’t even there. “Before we begin, there is something I would like to say,” she added as Kwan Yin closed in on them.

“I have traveled to many worlds, defeated many champions. I am not a destroyer or warmonger, though I have brought shame to many civilizations, shame at the sight of their mightiest warriors brought to their knees,” Nyr said as the spinning blades drew nearer. “The Formugarils couldn’t handle it. They shot my ship full of holes as I left, infuriated that I’d made their strongman look like a petulant child, while the entire galaxy watched.

“Before we begin, I wish to issue an apology to the people of Earth for what I am about to do to you, Ms. Yin. Danny, Sophie, be my witnesses.” She smiled. “Article 4, Section 39 of the Interstellar Peace Treaty forbids me from destroying or defacing the ANCIENT RELICS of inferior civilizations. But I will make an exception, just this once.” She gestured with her hand. “As the earthlings say, ‘come at me, bitch.’”

In no way did Nyr think this would be an easy fight. But every battle begins in the mind and she was going to get in this woman's head, taunting and provoking her until she couldn't think straight. And maybe, just maybe, her words would lend strength to Danny and Sophie.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  10. ManOrAstroMan

Jacob, following the League, dispatched a pair of ninja before his gun was knocked from his hand. Luckily, he was able to flick out his baton as the pistol clattered to the rooftop, and broke the jaw of the attacking ninja. The distraction was enough for him to drive his knee into the assassin's face with a crunch, dropping him.
    He sank deeper into the group, feeling a little bad about using his teammates as a line of defense. But, he'd need time to gather his power. His mp3 player had been destrpyed, so he couldn't use it to bolster his singing. But, as he listened to the thud of fists and feet and weapons, a grin spread across his face as the Piper in him burned like a sun, wrapping power around the nearby ninjas.
    Stomp stomp clap. Stomp stomp clap.
    "Buddy, you're a young boy, make a big noise..."

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Kwan Yin's creepy smile vanished when Nyr insulted her and she let out a roar of anger. Then she stopped walking and swung one of the chains at Nyr with tremendous speed while she continued to spin the other one over her head. The curved blade was heading directly for the side of Nyr's neck. It was obvious that Kwan Yin meant to chop off her head in one fell swoop and be done with her.

After a brief struggle, the League of Heroes was gaining the upper hand in the fight with the Shadowhands. Arianrhod was throwing them around like ragdolls, and when one of them stabbed her in the shoulder with a dagger, she spun around so fast that she became a blur and pushed the ninja with her full strength, sending him soaring out the factory and landing a mile away in the ocean. The Shadowhands could not land a hit on Hat Man. The mysterious hero kept turning to shadow and reappearing somewhere else, striking them down with brutal force. A ninja almost kicked Hat Man in the face and he responded by lifting the ninja high in the air and cracking his spine over his knee.

Sharpshooter, on the other hand, was struggling. His rifle had been knocked out of his hand and he was fighting two ninjas at once. But Strong-Arm came to his rescue, bashing both ninjas over the head with his baton. Then he twirled around and hit another ninja with his round shield so hard that he flew up into the balcony like a child's toy. There were only eleven ninjas left.

"You think you stood a chance against us?" Strong-Arm asked the ninjas, his eyes burning with fiery rage.

"You would have to be brain dead to think you could take us down," Hat Man quipped.

"Supervillains, crime lords, mob bosses, doesn't matter to us," Sharpshooter added with a cocky grin. "We've taken them all down a hundred times and we'll do it again, because..."

"WE ARE THE LEAGUE OF HEROES!" Arianrhod yelled so loud that the walls of the factory trembled and dust rained down on all of them. In a flash of golden light, she conjured two swords out of thin air and levitated five feet off the ground, white light blazing all around her.

The ninjas looked terrified, but they stood their ground. "So be it," Strong-Arm growled. The fighting continued.

12. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Ripoff was at the edge of a cliff. There was darkness everywhere, a black void reaching every direction. Through the darkness he heard voices, hundreds, even thousands of different voices. He reconized them all, in the deepest sense possible, these voices hadn't come from an outside source. He heard them all in his mind, at one time or another.
    The voices were becoming louder and louder, more and more of them joined. The sound was deafening. He grabbed his ears, screamed, but to no avail. He wanted it to stop, but at the same time, he didn't. If there was one thing he feared more that noise, was silence.
    Suddenly, from the darkness, a ball of blue light came. It floated, until it stopped right in front of Ripoff's face.
    "What are you?" he asked, over the sound.
    "I am here to help," the ball of light said. As it talked, the other voices seemed to be muffled. Ripoff gave off a sigh of relief. One by one, the light amplified the voices. One at a time.
    "What are you doing?" Ripoff asked.
    "Searching," the voice said.
    The voices passed, one at a time. Now they were audible, Ripoff was able to discern each one. He forgot none. There was Thor, Hercules, Kimg Arthur. There were Dracula and Voldemort. And there was Batman. He loked Batman.
    Then another voice. He knew that one, better than all. It was a voice he cast away long ago, and as he heard it, his heart cried in longing. What was that character's name? Who was he?
    "Chris Adams," the blue light said.
    "Chris," Ripoff replied. "Yes I remember. Another character I took from time to time."
    "Another character?" the voice asked. "Is that so? I am you, the real you."
    "Yes. What makes you different than any other alias I take? What makes you more real than them?"
    "You," the voice said. "You decide what is the real you, and what is just the mask. You never wore a mask. You never needed one. The characters you took, they were your mask. But you have made that what you are, and made me the mask. It is all about choice."
    Choice. It was like the alien warrior said. Is it true though? Can he really choose otherwise.
    "You ask what is the difference between me and them," the voice of Chris continued. "I will stay, when all of them are gone."
    Ripoff nodded. He knew what he must do. He took a step forward, falling into the void. One of the voices sounded beside his head. He knew that was what he needed. His hand grabbed onto the voice.
    Chris Adams opened his eyes, seeing a pair of blue eyes looking down at him, hands holding him gently.
    "Thank you," he whispered to Sapphire. He felt another personality enter his mind, and for the first time in his life, he knew what it was.

13. gibble410

Sapphire was a little scared as she held Rip-Off. She could see in his mind, and she felt the voices. She had pieced together his first and real identity from his brain. It was scattered, but with the strength of his will, he had glued them back.

"Your welcome." She said, as she helped Chris stand. Turning around, she spotted the League. Arianrhod was the most impressive, but the skill and physique of the others stunned her.

After getting over the shock, she knew she wasn't needed, but she sent the 3 ninjas near Kiamos body into a paralyzed fear state. 3 down, 8 to go.

Hoisting Kiamos body up, she started to drag him over the dirt and rubble. His mind was silent. Feeling like sobbing, she waved her hand and the rope came along and wound itself around Kiamos ankles. After the legs were floating, she used her manual strength to drag him into the ship where he layed upon the floor.

Sighing a little, she wondered what movies were playing as she charged back inside.

14. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Chris flexed his fingers. He drew his wand, willow and univorn hair. Wait, that wasn't right. He thought he grabbed onto Harry Potter, not Ron Weasly. Blimey, his subconcious had something to answer for.
    He took a look around. It seemed like the League were handling their part of the battle just fine. And besides, these ninjas gave his the creeps. In the middle of the factory there was a hole in the ground. He ran towards it, his heart punding. He reached the edge of the hole, tripped over his feet, and fell face first into the hole.
    "Bloody hell," he said, surprised by his sudden British accent. Well at least he wasn't babbling in spanish. He stood up. The old bitch was right in front of him, swinging her bladed chain, slicing at the alien. He raised his wand, his arm trembling. Harry wouldn't be so scared, he was sure.
    "Expeliarmus."

15. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

Seeing Sophie lie there among all that wrongness twisted his gut. He knew he wouldn't be able to pass Yin himself, so he had to think of a way to catch her off guard. John managed to grab his gun just before all the madness started. First thing he did was shoot the ropes that bound Sophie tot hat unholy place. He probably would have charged head on, doing something stupid, if he hadn't seen Nyr drop through the floor. That was a good plan. Sophie would be safe for a little while.

When the madness did start, he wasn't sure what he could do against the sheer number of opponents, so he just started out with covering his friends. Danny and the new guy almost seemed to go into shock, so he made sure no ninja could take advantage of that. Then the ground opened, swallowing Sophie, and the reinforcements arrived. Seeing the league fighting again, back in all of their glory, made him feel all warm inside. Somewhere though, in the smallest corner of his heart, there was also a melancholy, rising up as he saw Strong-Arm be the amazing person that he was.

With the league wiping the floor with the ninjas (sometimes literally), he realised he had the opening he needed to get into the real fight. His longcoat flew up along with a circle of dust as he landed with one knee and one fist on the ground. It was dark, but John's eyes quickly adapted to the shallow light coming from the hole above their heads. Slowly standing up, he carefully aimed his deadly gun. Then, the moment Kwan Yin's chain stretched into an attack, he fired.

16. I.A. By the Barn

Danny stood a couple of feet away from Nyr, her words like fuel.
    Then Kwan Yin swung one of the blades straight at Nyr, surely Nyr wouldn't survive that. But when would she move or block the in coming blade?
    So he began to run at Kwan Yin, ready for whatever might come. Emma ' s alright, he smiled when he heard her heart beat strong above. But then he saw something, like a fly, heading straight for Kwan Yin. John was in the back, arm outstretched.
    And so Danny had to stop, both saddened and relieved he didn't have to punch the shit out of her as he was planning to do. I'd rather she didn't have to die but... something has to be done. At least it won't be gory,
    Danny thought as his stomach flipped, hoping that Kwan Yin would stay unaware of the bullet.

17. AnonyMouse

Nyr spotted John landing behind Kwan Yin, with his blaster in hand, a moment before the chain lashed out. Ripoff also arrived on the scene, albeit face first. His ability to fight so unorthodoxly was a testament to his strength as a warrior; it almost looked like he’d done that by accident, but she knew better.

Four on one. That’ll do, Nyr thought as her stance shifted. Her left hand shot up to ‘catch’ the blade arcing toward her neck. She ignored the burning pain from the ninja star still lodged in her shoulder. She didn’t need that arm to be strong. That’s the beauty of being able to cut through stone and steel with your bare hands; strength becomes meaningless.

The hooked blade seemed to disintegrate as it hit her palm, while her other hand --her good hand-- reached out and caught the chain attached to it. It looped around her wrist twice, just like it was looped around Kwan Yin’s hand.

The entire scene felt like it was unfolding in slow motion. Got you, Nyr thought as John’s gun and Ripoff’s… umm, magic wand, both fired at the same time. Nyr channeled her power into the chain, giving it the same deadly cutting ability as her swords, and whipped it hard to the side. With the other end wrapped around Kwan Yin’s hand… well, this might get messy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  18. I.A. By the Barn

Now that Nyr had hold of the chain, Danny darted out of the way, knowing that the other the chain above Kwan Yin's head could come down at any point. He could now also see Ripoff as well as John. Ripoff was looking better, but Danny knew he had assumed someone new from his stance which worried him. Would he be alright? Ripoff's expression made Danny equally worried, did he know something he didn't or was this just the character?

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Kwan Yin was fast, but not fast enough to avoid all the attacks that came at her at once. She had turned her head just a tiny fraction when John and Ripoff-Ron came on the scene. She saw their attacks coming and she tried to turn pivot to dodge them, but John's laser took off her entire right ear and Ripoff's spell hit her in the shoulder, making her spin wildly. At the same time, Nyr charged the chain with her power and Kwan Yin's hand was cut off. But instead of blood, some sort of reddish grey sand poured from the wound, splashing on the ground.

"Aaagh!" Kwan Yin screamed. She glared around at everyone, her face contorted with pain and rage, and just like that...she disappeared. One minute she was standing there, as real as anything, and the next she was simply gone. The only sign of where Kwan Yin went was a small puff of dust on top of the pile of rubble as she jumped back up into the factory.

"She's using the Cloaking Technique," Silhouette said as she struggled to pull herself to her feet. She was sweating profusely and her entire body trembled with the effort to stand, but she managed to do it. "She's trying to escape to that black ship we saw moored on the docks. We can't let her get away."

The League was too preoccupied with the Shadowhands to help...but somehow, Mack got up from where he had been laying on the ground and walked straight through all the chaos and punched the air. Kwan Yin cried out in surprise and reappeared in front of Mack, staggering backwards. "How did you know I was there?" Kwan Yin demanded as she started to swing her last remaining chain over her head. "I am a Master. I can cloak myself so thoroughly that no one can see, smell, feel, or sense me. How did a mere mortal like you do it?"

Mack did not answer. He just blinked and his eyes turned all white, blazing like miniature suns stuck in his eye sockets. "You killed Sophie," Mack said in a powerful voice that sounded like rushing wind and crashing waves and lightning storms. The air vibrated with power and the ground trembled. "You killed my parents. I will kill you."

"Ka...Kachina?" Kwan Yin stammered.

Mack scowled. "Hello, old friend," he replied coldly.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  20. gibble410

Sapphire tripped, and fell onto the ground when the new mind appeared in her head. The quiet, concerned, happy-go-lucky that was Macks mind was now a terrible, raging battle. Blood, and death flowed through the veins as Macks soul tried to fight it.

The oncoming headache was so bad, Sapphire considered knocking herself out. Then, just as suddenly, the headache stopped. She could still feel the battle, but she had gotten it under control.

Clumsily slipping back inside, she saw Mack and Kwan Yin facing off. Trying not to be noticed, she edged towards the hole where Silhouette had fallen. She knew better that to interfere with this fight.

She softly landed on a pile of rubble after jumping into the hole, and made her was to Silhouette. "Sophie. Are you all right?" She said, while helping her up.

21. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

For a second Chris thought they were going to win. They had the old hag trapped, surrounding her from all sides. Then she disapeared. Invisibility is really an annoying attribute, if you're not the one using it.
    He clombed out of the hole, desperate to try and catch Kwan. There were spells he could use to find her, if he only knew how to perform them. God, he should have been Hermione.
    Then the old ninja appeared, punched by that dude, Mack was his name, right?
    When Silouette's brother said he was Kachina, Chris' jaw dropped. Who could have seen that coming? The old frenemies faced off.
    God, what should he do now? Kwan Yin was evil, that was obvious. But Kachina was destined to bring about the world's end. And seeing the hatred on Mack's face, he didn't find it too hard to believe. This was a little more complicated than Ordre-good, Death Eaters-bad. It was... Different.
    If only Hermione was... No, no. He wasn't Hermione now, nor was he Ron. He was Chris Adams. He was a hero, dammit, and so was Ron Weasly. He freakin' hepled destroy Vold- yeah that guy.
    He knew what he must do. Stepping between Kwan Yin and Kachina, he yelled "protego," an invisible shield created between the two opponents.
    "Now listen here," he said. "Before we kill each other and the world. Let's just talk for a moment."

22. AnonyMouse

When Kwan Yin disappeared, Nyr almost went after her. She took a step… no, not even that far. She took half a step, only to find herself teetering backwards. Thankfully, the wall was right behind her. If not for that, she would’ve fallen and made an utter fool of herself.

There was a reason she had stood her ground and stalled Kwan Yin with insults and trash talking: frankly, she just didn’t have the strength to move another inch. Maybe it was fatigue or maybe the blood loss, or maybe both.

Whatever the reason, she had hit her limit. Her back hit the wall and she slumped down, exhausted, still gripping the chain that wretched old wench had left behind. This and the severed hand lying on the floor would be her prize. The League could handle the rest, Nyr had her souvenir. If she didn’t feel like a zombie, she might smile.

And then that damned woman showed up. Sapphire dropped into the hole and went to Silhouette.

“I am fine, by the way. Thank you for asking,” Nyr said dryly. She nodded up. “Is she dead yet? Surely, the League can handle Sophie’s one-handed grandma. I softened her up for you.”

23. ManOrAstroMan

Jacob was so stunned by Mack's claim that he was Kachina that he almost lost control of the ninjas in his thrall. Bit he recovered quickly, forcing himself to keep a tight hold on the minds of the assassins. Inwardly, though, his mind spun. Was Mack really Kachina? Had he been lying about his feelings for Jacob? Was Mack a villain now?

24. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "I'm still alive," Silhouette replied wryly to Sapphire's question. She was still struggling to stay standing, but when Nyr mentioned the League of Heroes, Silhouette almost collapsed. "The League is here? Oh, thank god. Everything is going to be okay." She slumped down next to Nyr. "So...where's Mack?"

Right that moment, Ripoff-Ron had created a shield between Mack and Kwan Yin. When he yelled for them to talk it over, Kwan Yin rolled her eyes and vanished from sight. "You fool!" Mack screamed at Ripoff. "You let her get away!" With one powerful punch, Mack caused Ripoff's shield to bulge and evaporate, little silver sparkles falling down all around them. "I should squash you under my boot," Mack hissed in Ripoff-Ron's face.

"How about you not do that, eh?" Sharpshooter asked. The League of Heroes had finished all the ninjas and now they were standing around Mack and Ripoff.

"What exactly is going on here?" Strong-Arm asked.

"What's going on is that you're wasting my time," Mack growled. He shoved Ripoff to the side and took one step before Arianrhod put a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't think we can let you go until you answer some questions," she said in a no-nonsense tone. "Like who you are and why you're here."

"Graaah!" Mack yelled. "I don't have time for this! Kwan Yin is escaping!" That said, Mack grabbed Arianrhod's wrist and twisted it sharply. The sound of bones cracking filled the air and Arianrhod fell to her knees, screaming. Sharpshooter lifted his gun to shoot, but Mack suddenly turned invisible and reappeared behind Sharpshooter, chopping him on both sides of the neck. While Sharpshooter gasped for air and clutched his neck, Strong-Arm tried to bash Mack in the head with his baton, but Mack snatched it out of the air in a lightning-fast blur and snapped it in half.

Strong-Arm and Hat Man looked at each other and looked back at Mack. "You take his left and I'll take his right," Strong-Arm ordered. And they started to fight.

25. gibble410

Sapphire jerked her head sharply upwards at the sound of a loud crack. "What was that?" Walking forwards, she chambered her way out of the hole and observed the scene.

Hat-Man and Strong-Arm probably had a little chance of defeating a 1000 year old warrior, but she knew she probably couldn't either. So instead, she turned her attention to the wounded.

She walked over to the injured goddess, and quickly knelt down next to her. "Hi." She said, a small quaver in her voice. "I'm Emma. Mind if I take a look at this?" She said touching Arianhoods wrist gingerly.