(Un)Retired Superheroes

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@Erik-the-Enchanter! I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. We just all fell for it

2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Ripoff's theory is basically that if Mack-Kachina, who was good, kills Kwan Yin she will become evil and destroy the world. So he will try to convince them to let Kwan be taken alive, and to make her realise she has already lost. The world will be saved and she will get to live

3. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

When Sapphire sees Nyr: .steals Chris's wand.
    .points at him. Obliviate!
    .points at Nyr. Avada Kedavra!

Lol the Cursed Child is soooooo god BTW.

ManOrAstroMan likes this.
  4. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

John joins you in that theory. His solution is slightly different though.

Also, I hate to be that guy but... Called it! :p
    Ok, so I didn't do it out loud and have no way of proving it, but when you said you were waiting to release Mack's CS I started pulling up some theories and stuck with this one untill the end. Really hoping it was true, so you officially made my day. It's like when you watch a murder mystery and everybody is suspecting a different person, and it turns out you were actually right. Well played, let's see how this works out!

5. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Right guys, I am now on holiday. This may mean my posts are random as there is no wifi where I am and very little mobile signal for data. I'm sorry if this slows you down but that's the way it'll be unless I find an Internet cafe and live in it :D

6. obi-sem kenobi

Ok, forget I said that. I had a thing planned, but when I tried to execute it, I could not find any way in which it would work. John doesn't have enough information to act on in the way I had liked him to to make sense. Just assume he's crawled out through the hole again, gun trained on Kwan Yin, waiting the situation out. I'll find something for him to do eventually, I'm sure.

7. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

My memory of Potter spells is rusty, so enlighten me. Which spell is that? The one that'll make Nyr and Sapphire hold hands, dance around in circles, and end the game with a hot and heavy make-out session after they finally confess their true feelings for one another?
    :superyesh:

Sorry, Danny. You just aren't man enough.

8. obi-sem kenobi

I just realised I'll be gone for the rest of the weekend and probably won't have much access to the internet... I'll just hope John does some awesome stuff while I'm gone :p

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Anyone notice the similarities between the League of Heroes and the Avengers?

Strong-Arm = Captain America.
    Sharpshooter = Hawkeye.
    Silhouette = Black Widow.
    Arianrhod = Thor.
    Hat Man = Batman with Vision's powers, lol.

10. gibble410

MCGASP! That's really cool! How about:

John:Hawkeye
    Silhouette: Black Widow
    Sapphire: Scarlet Witch
    Chris: All of them
    Jacob: Vision?
    Mack: Hulk :Get it? Cause like Bruce Banner turns into a huge hulking fighting machine?
    Danny: Falcon

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Haaaa, that's perfect.

Nyr would be our Thor. ;)

12. gibble410

Oh I forgot nyr, whoops. Buy ya, she probably would be thor

13. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

Jacob probably would be most like Vision, with touches of AntMan.

Apropos of nothing, isn't a Kachina a pueblo Indian fertility god?

14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Yeah, I just liked the name, lol.

15. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

In some ways, Chris is also a good candidate for Hulk, being all unpredictable and such.

16. obi-sem kenobi

With Hat Man being either Batman or The Question I was thinking more along the lines of the DC universe, so this is where I got:
    Strong-Arm: Superman
    Silhouette: Black Canary
    Sharpshooter: The Flash
    Arianrhod: Shazam

It was more personality-based than power-based though :p

17. gibble410

Hey @Domino355 , I'm not ignoring your post, I just am going to wait until Eric posts just in case he has something planned. But also, you must be paying attention to her powers, I absolutely had no thoughts about finding Kwan with her mind. Good Catch!

18. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Yeah, 'cause I was like, hmmm, Sharpshooter isn't super fast and Strong-Arm is a super soldier, lol.

19. gibble410

@Erik-the-Enchanter! , Captain America is the super Soilder. Superman's an alien from Krypton.

20. obi-sem kenobi

Yeah it was just that Shapshooter seemed like the joker of the team (no, not like Batman's Joker) and Strong-Arm the responsible one. Maybe Green Arrow or Vigilante for Sharpshooter and Deathstroke for Strong-Arm would be more accurate Power-wise. Then again, DC is usally quite a bit more OP than Marvel, so you could just have tuned them down a bit :p

Also, I scratch Shazam as Arianrhod. Wonder Woman is a much better choice and so obvious I don't know why I didn't realise it before :p

21. gibble410

@AnonyMouse , that's also why Sapphire liked provoking Nyr. What you say about humans is a little offense to me, even though it is a RP.

And also, I don't see why you put: "You owe me humans, you owe me big time."

No the humans or characters don't. Just because you have aerial support with missiles and stuff, dosent mean anyone "owes" Nyr. She didn't have to help, and I bet the other hero's could stop her eventually. No offense, but your last post did aggravate me a little. Nyr is being really offense to huamsn/characters, and like I siad, as this is a RP it isn't that real, but I just want to ask if you could tone it down a bit?

22. AnonyMouse

Why would the words of a fictional character from a fictional planet offend you? (FYI, I'm human, too, in case there was any doubt about that.) I should also point out that most of the things that have pissed her off, have come from Sapphire. To quote Nyr:
    She actually liked humans before Sapphire and is still trying to like them, but every time she reaches out, she gets swatted down by Sapphire. It's kind of hard to think highly of the human race when you have one who repeatedly treats you like crap, despite you risking life and limb to save their planet.

BTW, she wasn't providing aerisl support. Her ship has no weapons. She was literally sacrificing her ship/home/only means of getting back to her home planet to save yours. No, humans don't owe her anything, but a 'thank you' wouldn't be too far off the mark.

23. gibble410

I suppose I can see your point, and just because she dosent like Sapphire does that still mean Nyr has to insult them? Because of one person? Unless Nyr is that narrow minded? Because in my lifetime, I have learned that anytime you try and build something up, there is one person who will make it fall. I believe the same differs but comes to standards in both Sapphire, and Nyrs eyes.

And I know its just a RP but still hearing makes me feel offended. Its like playing a game, but one person says in the game: All niggas should go to jail, because they have a different skin tone!

I would never say that in a game, or in life as I believe everyone was created equally, but still. I would not like it if someone said that at all. And even though what you said isn't as extreme, it still offends me in a way. Do you see what I'm saying?

24. AnonyMouse

I see what you're saying, but the two are far different from one another. IMO, racist rhetoric is offensive because it has a basis in reality: there is a historical precedence there, a past where people actually did (and still do) get imprisoned for the color of their skin. An alien character in a work of fiction spouting off about how much she hates humans doesn't even register on my "things that offend me" meter because it's just not real, at all.

Furthermore, Nyr is flawed. Every character I write is. She has biases and emotions that can (and sometimes do) lead her to the wrong decision. I don't agree with everything she does, thinks, or says. That is why it's roleplaying; she isn't me. IMO, you're absolutely right when you say she's wrong to reach this conclusion, based on the actions of one person. Sophie has been nice to her, and is human. Danny, John, and many others have been nice to her as well. IMO, she's wrong... but I can't swoop in and tell her that, because I'm not a character in this story. Maybe Sapphire can, but I'm not sure if that's the sort of person Sapphire is as well. Pardon me if I'm reading this incorrectly, but Sapphire's response to Nyr's hurtful remarks seems to be to do hurtful things to her (like insult her, trash her ship, attack her, etc). Their combined negativity is just feeding off of one another. It will only get uglier.

For what it's worth, here's a list of decisions Nyr made that I disagree with:
    ** Killing Electric Man (he could've been questioned or possibly turned to our side)
    ** Calling Sophie a fool when she was freaking out about the prophesy (IMO, she needed a hug, not a 'pep talk', LOL)
    ** Attempting to kill the League (just a bad idea; I didn't think they were under Morgana's control anymore; I already explained this in another post here)
    ** Her 'you talk too much' conversation with Jacob (would've been a golden opportunity to make friends, instead she chose to be a jerk (at first,but she softened a little as the conversation went on))
    ** Trading insults with Sapphire (Nyr should've just kept her mouth shut, or taken the high road; this is also where the anti-human rhetoric got nasty)
    ** Not looking after Mack (I never suspected he'd be Kachina, but felt he might be the trigger for turning Silhouette; Nyr didn't give two shits about protecting him, because she generally doesn't care about defending the 'weak')
    ** Attempting to crash her ship into Kwan Yin's (again, her belief that the other heroes are too weak clouds her judgment; she should've let them handle it)
    What can I say, she's only human. :superwink:

25. obi-sem kenobi

*My reaction to Erik's latest post*

AnonyMouse likes this.