(Un)Retired Superheroes

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Jul 4, 2016.

1. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Ah, I'll have to change mine too. Danny was going to go up onto the roof to get Nyr, he'll ask instead.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Just correcting something: the Battle Droids just broke through a wall and threw the security guard into the ceiling, as well as knocked out all the guards in the halls. They are not flimsy or badly made.

obi-sem kenobi and gibble410 like this.
  3. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

But if Silhouette could pull their heads off, their armour could still use an upgrade :p

4. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Tackling a sword-wielding alien warrior.

Add that to Sapphire's list of bad decisions. :(

5. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

You beg my pardon? ;)

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    @obi-sem kenobi, Lol, true, but I'm not saying they're indestructible. Everyone started saying they were poorly made and stuff, and I don't know where that came from, so I had to correct it.

7. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

True, and I completely understand, I just thought it might have had something to do with Silhouette tearing through them like toilet paper :p

8. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Well...that has to do with Silhouette being a badass fighting demon. When your character trains with a master of mixed martial arts since their early teens, then come talk to me, lol.

9. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Yes, but as Tim approaches, I'm guessing their software might start having issues. Muhahaha.

gibble410 likes this.
  10. AnonyMouse

As if TIm would ever approach, LOL. If the power outage hadn't killed the elevators, I bet Tim would be long gone by now. :p

11. gibble410

Tru DAT!

12. halisme

That's what pretty much the first sentence. Thanks to his power, when Tim doesn't try, things still work out.

13. AnonyMouse

Okay, I''l be blunt here. We can do one of two things. Either this post didn't happen, or Sapphire is a dead woman. Since pretty much everything you just posted is either impossible or highly improbable, I think we should go with the former.

Erik-the-Enchanter! likes this.
  14. gibble410

What do u mean? How could it be impossible? I'm not going to have everyone ignore my post unless A.Erik says so or B.I want to. Which I don't, and I doubt Erik will find something wrong with it, nothing was hurt or anything except probably your ego.

15. AnonyMouse

Lots of things that make no sense or are completely out of character.

* Getting slapped by a glove wouldn't send someone to the floor. I doubt it would even slow her down. Also, considering Nyr previously cut two skillets and a kettle out of the air without even looking and can dodge/deflect lightning bolts, I think it's safe to say a glove never stood a chance of reaching her.

* Sapphire is probably one of the worst hand-to-hand combatants in the entire group and Nyr is easily the best (though Silhouette might disagree, LOL) so there's no way in hell Sapphire could not only dodge through the lightning, but also somehow pick Nyr up and throw her into a wall. Also, considering how pissed off Nyr is with Sapphire, it's highly likely Nyr would just kill her on the spot if Sapphire tried anything even remotely threatening.

* And I'm also supposed to believe she was manipulating various blue objects while doing all of this and that the faucets are blue? (If they're not, how did she turn on the water. And what was everyone else doing while waiting for these vessels to be filled with gallons of water, which takes a long time to do?)

It just doesn't make sense. And you took control of my character to make it all happen. :dry:

16. halisme

Ahh, god modding. Even accidental, it is the bane of all RPs. Might I suggest that fights between characters are done as collaborative posts, through the messaging system. That way everyone ends up happy.

17. gibble410

Some of your points are solid, but let's say this. A glove, infused with telekinetic energy. That probably can feel hard as a rock if held erect and solid. And also, I think it would be pretty easy to pick a person up and push them into a wall. I can easily do it to my brother. Also, as for dodging lighng bolts,The odds of becoming a lightning victim in the U.S. in any one year is 1 in 700,000. The odds of being struck in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000. Lightning would also be attracted more the metal robots and walls then a person. And I was implying that even though lightning can contain a hundred million electrical volts, Electric Man wasn't aiming at me, it was just the lighting blasting around in the hall. An agile woman would easily be able to dodge it, and even though Sapphire isnt made to be a gymnast she's pretty agile. Also, may I remind you that on a faucet there is usually a red circle with an H in it, and a blue circle with a C in it to indicate hot and cold? It would be easy to turn it on, and fill a bunch of small little glasses in a matter of seconds, with telekinetic energy, even though it may not equal to a bunch of gallons. Also, I did not mean to take control of you character, but you also did of mine when I tackled you. There was nothing about us rolling around on the floor, just I tackled you, and Dannys character tackled us. U controlled me by saying you were on top, I lost and you easily won.

18. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Are Mack and Jacob going to go anywhere? Because I'm loving what it's hinting at...

19. AnonyMouse

Or just, ya know, don't fight each other. *shrug*
    Frankly, I can't figure out what Sapphire's problem is. She keeps going after Nyr for some reason. Nyr's trying to fight electric man, but keeps getting hit from behind by Sapphire. Is Sapphire a xenophobe? Got something against aliens? (Kidding, by the way. I don't actually think that's what's going on. But it is odd.)

* There's nothing about her imbuing things with "telekinetic energy" in your character sheet. Stop adding new powers whenever it suits you.
    * When you tackle my character, I think I should be given a chance to reply. And my assumption that Sapphire lost is in line with what's in our respective character profiles. (See my next point.)
    * Nyr is not your brother, she is an alien warrior who has fought and defeated champions on many planets and has fought the League of Heroes to a draw. Huge difference. This is not someone any sane person would tackle or engage in hand-to-hand combat with.
    * This is not natural lightning, it's a man throwing bolts of electricity at us, in a hallway. Again, huge difference.
    * Fair enough on the faucet, but I will say I haven't seen one of those in years. Kinda old school for the headquarters of a multibillion dollar tech firm.
    * Filling a dozen small cups takes just as long as filling one large vessel. A gallon is a gallon. Trust me, it takes more than "a few seconds."

20. gibble410

I'm not adding more powers to my character. My glove is blue. Therefore, I can control it and make it bend to my will. Look with your eyes, and not your mouth. Also, it says in YOUR character template that you have fought the League Of Hero's, but that you lost multiple times, nothing about a draw genius. And as I said before, some of your points are solid. Like the gallon one, so maybe it wasn't a gollon, but it was still water which has a negative effect on electricity. And, so maybe I probably should have lost, but it still is controlling my character. Which I remember, is against the rules! And who the hell are you to decide what kind of person has certain faucets in their company? Also, please explain to my feeble little mind how when a man throws electricity, it suddenly becomes .gasp. Not normal electricity!

Also, Sapphires attacking Nyr because,
    A. She thinks she attacked Danny
    B. Electric Man hurt her friends, she isn't letting some stranger try and attack him
    C. Nyr showed up out of the blue. Are we supposed to be like: Oh hey! New Guy! Let's all be BEST friends! While frolicking somewhere with Electric Man?

21. AnonyMouse

The character sheet has no place for character background, but Nyr's history with the League is something I PM'd Eric before ever sending the character to him. I apologize, because that wasn't made clear to you. Your character profile says Sapphire can move things, not alter their mass or density or whatever other physical properties to make them harder, heavier, etc. If this is something you cleared with the GM, I apologize. If not, it's a new power, just like when she was somehow able to sense someone is here in one of your previous posts. Please be mindful of that.

I'm really not interested in arguing with you over this. I see it's veering into personal insults, so it's time to disengage. It's killing the mood and I don't want to see that happen. (Sorry to everyone else.) What do you want to do going forward? Edit, continue as-is, or wait for a decision from the GM? Honestly, I'm reaching the point where I don't care either way; I just don't want to see the game get dragged down into this. Can we agree to just do better from here on?

22. gibble410

I suppose I can, I will wait for Erik to make a decision. Also, I find it hard to believe you said to Erik: Hey! Just to let 'cha know, I have battled with the League of Hero's, but I also had a couple of draws! Just wanted to run that little thing by you as it may come in handy when I am trying to one-up someone! ;)

Mmhm.
    And don't worry. I graciously accept your apology! Also, why did you feel the need to start a fight if your "really not that interested"?

23. gibble410

Also, I do find this offensive. I don't really like people talking bad about me. Its..... rude.

24. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

Can we just agree to not post another character's response to an action? Just as you can't dictate what another will do in real life, wait for character B to post their reaction to character A's action.
    It might slow the pace, but better that than bad blood.

25. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    @gibble410, yes, she did indeed send me the history of her character, and yes, I did approve. Nyr hasn't taken on the entire League, but she has taken on each member individually. She is a highly experienced warrior. And you did control her character. I didn't even read this whole argument, but when I was reading the new posts on the game and came to the part where you said, "and I threw her against the wall", I made a face like...so you're not even going to wait for her to respond? The proper thing to do would have been, "and I made the glove fly at Nyr to throw her against the wall", giving Anonymouse the chance to say whether her character dodged or not.

From here on out, just be really careful of godmodding. Before you post anything affecting another character, look it over carefully and think to yourself, "Am I writing for someone else right now?" And please please please don't add anymore powers to your characters, that's why I asked for you to say everything you could do in the Templates, specifically so no one would magically have random new powers halfway through the game. Let's just continue the story from here.

Also, well said, @ManOrAstroMan.

ManOrAstroMan and gibble410 like this.