1. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

You Are Not The Hero (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Sep 4, 2016.

Have fun crushing the rebellion, and anything else you might find. First post will be up sometime tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  2. Arvak

Arvak Member

Name: Aldia

Appearance: Tall and lithe, Aldia can have a faintly eerie presence. usually clad in a longcoat with a cloak and almost always having an Iron helmet obscuring his face

Equipment: Bastard sword, Axepistol, Long Firelock Rifle

Magic:
    -Pyromancy
    -Kinamancy
    -Animancy
    -Manamancy

History/Personality: Originating as a member of the Dragon Cult Aldia is said to have been the closest to ever becoming a dragon among them, a notion that gains some credit from the inhuman growls and roars that sometimes come from behind his helmet. His joining the Steel Hand was meant to further that, his extensive displays of loyalty earning him the right to any kind of magic and he often experiments with it, usually making the mages of the Mortuary circle his target and sometime even former members of the cult he used to be a part of.

This isn't to say his loyalty isn't entirely ingenuine. He views her as the reason he's been able to expand his power, to get that much closer to achieving his ambition. The closer he grows to becoming a dragon, the stronger his loyalty to her becomes.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Name:
    Tappaa
    Appearance:
    Black wavy hair
    Brown eyes
    Black jerkin over a white shirt. Brown trousers, leather boots. Has a yellow scarf around his neck and carries a pouch and his equipment on a belt.
    Equipment:
    Knuckle dusters, pincers, a knife and bottle full of poison.
    Magic:
    Manamancy
    History/Personality:
    After studying the leylines and nodes of the world for only a short time, Tappaa decided that all other magic was inferior to manamancy and dedicated all his time to the study of it. He slowly became angrier at those who disturbed his studies and began to kill those who would interrupt him. In any way possible. It just so happened some of those individuals were enemies to the state and he was granted permission to complete his studies. When he finally saw the beyond his mind became practically wiped clean of empathy and most other feelings. He is now an inquisitor, though he has been known to go into battle a few times

4. halisme

First post is up. Feel free to explore the camp as you wish.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  5. halisme

And my character, just to ease exposition and the like:

Name: Moracen of Caerhold

Appearance: Average height with a plain build. Steely grey eyes. Black hair kept in a bun. Scar on her left cheek that runs down to her neck.

Equipment: Longbow, Plate Armour, Flanged Mace.

Magic: Itermancy

History/Personality: Moracen was placed into one of the many Mage Academy's upon first showing magic at age eight. While reluctant at first, being very close to her family, she did eventually settle in. While others seemed to focus on multiple types of magic, she settled on teleportation. She enjoyed the mischief she could use for it, upon revealing no inclination or talent in any other type, she was placed in the military for training. Afterwards, she was assigned to a scouting company, using her teleportation and skill with the bow to harras supply lines and kill priority she targets. She was picked up by the hand two years ago for these skills, and her expertise at countering guerrilla warfare. As the siege of Guardam was expecting to be a short affair, several Hand agents were sent to accompany the force and remove any problematic elements.

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  6. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Name: Seraphina Eisenvald

Appearance:
    Tall and slender, with an hourglass figure, a flawless porcelain complexion, and silver hair that flows just past her shoulder blades. She has delicate, elfin features, and a calm, steady demeanor, but her icy blue eyes possess an otherworldly coldness. Always seems to be watching, waiting, like a hawk on a high branch, looking down on the world. She typically wears flowing white gowns or robes, slit high up the sides, with practical black leather clothing beneath: trousers, heeled riding boots, gloves, and a low-cut blouse revealing a deep crevasse of cleavage, and a silver necklace nestled in her bosom.

Equipment:
    Small vials of blood, pieces of chalk for inscribing magical circles, iron arrowheads, but no arrows. Also, a dagger and recurve bow.

Magic:
    Itermancy (master)
    Carnamancy (master)

History:
    The origins of Lady Seraphina Eisenvald remain a mystery. She was once an instructor and researcher at an academy of magic in the city-state of Silverlake, until it was besieged by the Empire. Anti-imperial sentiments were strong there and the city might have held, if not for her treachery. She let the soldiers in and the town was overrun in a matter of days.

An imperial general took a liking to her and kept her by his side as he continued his sweep across her homeland. He kept the beautiful mage with him as a trophy but, as time went on, he sought her input on matters of magic and, later, in matters of tactics. Despite having no rank, his men came to see her as an unofficial second-in-command and a figure to be respected on the battlefield as well as in the war room.

Nearly a year after taking the town, the general and his forces were ordered back to Silverlake. The city had rebelled and overthrown the small occupational force there. As a test of loyalty, he allowed Sera to decide how best to end this, permanently. No one knows what she did or how, but Silverlake today is little more than a pile of rubble beside a toxic lake, littered with the bones of its drowned populace. She was officially made a member of the Steel Hand shortly after.

7. halisme

Just checking in this thread, is the RP dead already?

8. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

I'm just confused on what to do... I'm easily confused though.

9. halisme

I think that might be a problem with more free form Rps. Without a solid direction, people tend to wander. I'll make a post with some options later.

10. halisme

Okay, there are now three options to investigate. A good meeting with the queen might grant political favour later, though a poor one can do great harm. Perhaps the cults weapons might aid you in the battle, if you can convince them to let you use them, assuming you could wield them, of course. Then there's the cryptic ramblings of a mad man, though who would put weight in his words.

11. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I'm just dropping a message here to say I haven't forgotten about you guys. I was trying to get a post up yesterday, but the scene I had in mind wasn't coming together. I'll write something tonight. :)

BTW, does anyone want to meet up? Sera's headed to the mage camp, which means she'll be hitching a ride on the caravan you're all standing near. Anyone looking for someone to interact with?

12. halisme

I will likely not be able to reply this weekend due to moving.

13. Arvak

Arvak Member

You could talk to aldia if you want. He's got nothing better to do so you could ask if he wants to tag along