1. Arcadeus

Arcadeus Senior Member

Tor Is Looking for Specific Novella Submissions Until 12Jan

Discussion in 'Publisher Discussion' started by Arcadeus, Dec 30, 2016.

I wanted to post this in case someone hasn't noticed. I don't have enough time to do a new novella on my schedule.

GOOD LUCK!

Tor.com Novella Submissions

Tor.com Novella Submissions are open until January 12.

WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:

From October 12 at 9:00 AM EDT (UTC-4:00) until January 12 at 9:00 AM EST (UTC-5:00), Tor.com will only be considering novellas of between 20,000 and 40,000 words that fit the epic fantasy, sword and sorcery, high fantasy, or quest fantasy genres, whether set on Earth or on an original fantasy world. However, we will only be considering novellas that inhabit worlds that are not modeled on European cultures. We are seeking worlds that take their influences from Africa, Asia, the indigenous Americas, or any diasporic culture from one of those sources. To qualify, novellas should center the experiences of characters from non-European-inspired cultures.

Both Lee Harris and Carl Engle-Laird actively request submissions from writers from underrepresented populations. This includes, but is not limited to, writers of any race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, class and physical or mental ability. We believe that good science fiction and fantasy reflects the incredible diversity and potential of the human species, and hope our catalog will reflect that.

If you have a novella you want to submit that doesn’t fit these parameters, don’t give up hope. Our plan is to rotate which genre we’re soliciting periodically, so check back here and on our submissions guideline page regularly. Once we’ve worked our way through these submissions, we’ll re-open for a different genre. Please don’t ask us what genre we’ll be moving to—we’ll be deciding that closer to the time.

jjwiggin likes this.
  2. Arcadeus

Arcadeus Senior Member

Be sure to get it to Tor Fantasy on time if you have one fitting the description. I want a success story to hear about.

jjwiggin likes this.
  3. jjwiggin

jjwiggin Member

TOR publishes almost all my favorite books.... My WIP is unfortunately still a WIP.... :(

Arcadeus likes this.