1. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

injuries

Discussion in 'Research' started by Vamp_fan22, Apr 12, 2011.

So, my MC's are brutally tortured (beaten, bones broken, nearly drowned, cut with knives, strangled, burned, whipped all that fun stuff) throughout the story. At one point one of them is badly hurt, like life threateningly so. I was wondering what kinds of injuries result from these torture methods?

2. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    I'm afraid you're not giving enough information for exact wounds. I mean just about any trauma resulting in eventual death can occur from most of the methods you've described, but I need a little more information i.e. time period, what kind of knives, other tools etc.

3. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

They are beaten continually, like thrown around into walls and such. Held under water until they are nearly unconscious. Practically cut open with large tactical knives. At one point one of their torturers gets really knife happy and actually makes a large incision in one of my MC's chests. As for time period it's modern time. I was going to add one of them getting shot but these are psychics and I figured that them being psychic and all they can find a much more efficient way to hurt someone with their powers I just don't know what that more efficient way is.

4. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    Beating continually could result in skull fractures/major head trauma/ruptured organs, all of which can be fatal.

Water-boarding if done incorrectly (especially when the victim falls unconscious and must be resuscitated) can lead to loss of oxygen=brain damage=death.

If you're just trying to slow the guy down in terms of torture that will eventually cause mortal wound do to infection setting in, as far as knives go, go for tendons, but avoid arteries. Painful and quite an image.

If you want mortally wounded in that he's going to die a slow and painful death, the knife happy incision to the chest could be causing internal bleeding/blood loss as long as it isn't arterial the death won't be immediate.

5. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Broken bones, if not reset, can leak marrow into the blood stream, which will eventually prove fatal.

Burns can do anything from singing skin to causing blisters and swelling, resulting in nerve damage.

Shock is also a factor to worry about when dealing with injuries and torture. Prolonged time spent in shock can prove fatal, even if your injuries aren't that serious.

6. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Thank you for helping :) A little more detail on their torture: one of them gets strangled into unconsciousness, they are whipped on their backs, they get some bones snapped (like fingers or wrists) drugged, burned with hot oil. This happens continually throughout the story, so all 3 of my mc's are going to be hurt but this story is about the will to survive.