Unnatural Campus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheApprentice, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"Cheza Nightwing..." she replied, but her voice sounded distant. 2008, 2008 -i was trapped for three years! Her face paled until it looked like he was about to fall over. Her eyes had gone huge in fright, and she swayed for a moment, then finally her knees buckled and she hit the ground.

"Three years... three years..." she repeated, over and over again and clutching at her head. Her whole body was wracked with violent tremors as she glimpsed again things that had happened to her. Blood. Whips. Pain. Chains. Cutting open my chest. Flames devouring me... The beast roared in fury as it too remembered, just as she did, but there was no threat of her changing right now. They were both enveloped in their pain, their fear.

Still she muttered incessantly, unaware of her words. "Three years -four months here. Always trying to die. Can't control it. Can't control it..." her breaths reduced to almost sobbing hiccups now, and she curled up into a ball. Three years. Dead. Her parents must think her dead. But she couldn't go home. Not like this...

She could never go home.

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Mikkish stared with concern at Cheza, as she lay on the ground, muttering things like an insane person. So, it looked like everyone here had lost their mind at some point, besides himself and maybe Joe. At the very least, perhaps he could use that to his advantage at some point of he needed to.

It hadn't shown yet, but Mikkish was quite a bastard, and he not only knew this, but took pride in it. It had helped him out in the past, when he lived with his parents, and his pockets went from empty to full due to his immoral actions. The reason he behaved so kindly was because, well, because he was kind. He was bad. He wasn't evil. There is a difference. By some standards he was even good.

"Come on. We need to get you to the city. Figure out whatever happened to you." Mikkish said, lifting Cheza up again "Whatever's wrong with you, someone in the city must be able to help you."

mmarage likes this.
  3. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I think I could piece together what she was saying... someone had kidnapped her... and tortured her for three years... she must've escaped from her captors four months back... I did not want to meet such twisted, sadistic, heartless people that would rip a girl from her family just to torment and abuse her, the thought made me clench my fists in anger. "It'll be alright Cheza, let's get you out of here... we'll get you to the city, get you all patched up and get you fed, then we can help you find your family, okay?" I asked smiling reassuringly, not allowing the anger that I felt flow to the surface.

4. TheApprentice

Mikkish walked back to the trail, his arm around Cheza to stop her from falling again. The crewmen had left a trail of chopped up bushes leading to them, and they could still be heard in the distance.

He hoped the city was not too much further away. How big could this island be? On top of all that, as the sun was rising higher in the sky, temperatures were rising. The heat was made no better by the humidity.

Mikkish stopped and waited for Joe and Hikaru and anyone else who had followed him away from the crewmen. He didn't know much about this jungle, but figured the bigger the group was he traveled with, the better.

mmarage likes this.
  5. TheApprentice

The humidity got to Mikkish. He was from Georgia, so heat was nothing new to him, but it wasn't something he ever really got used to. Mikkish was soaking with sweat already, not just from the heat, but how quick he was moving to catch up with the crewmen.

At last, Mikkish and company caught up with the crewmen and other passengers. The crewmen were hacking along the shoreline. There was a reason they did this. Drug cartels and cults didn't normally operate along the coast. At least, not this one.

The crewmen's caution was made understandable when the sounds of gun shots were heard far off. Not close enough for them to be in too much danger, but the sounds of gunshots proved the danger of the jungle. The captain and crewmen were alarmed, but not shocked.

Mikkish, on the other hand, thought nothing of it. He figured it was just hunters. He completely forgot that the crewmen all brought guns along.

"We're here!" The captain called to the students.

And they had indeed made it. They could barely know from a distance, due to the thick of plants and trees, but the boat hadn't crashed too far from the city.

As the crewmen finished hacking away the plants that stood in the way, each person could clearly see they had made their way to a ghetto area. Trashy apartment buildings now stood at either side of the group as they walked off the grass and onto a sidewalk. They could see taller buildings in the distance, and taller buildings after those. Some of the buildings here, which were on the border of jungle and city, looked like they were being eaten by the vegetation of the jungle.

"I called in the accident while we were back in the jungle. A bus will be waiting for us on King street, when we leave this apartment complex." He announced.

Mikkish felt disappointed as he walked onto the sidewalk. This city looked just like any he had seen before. And that was some entrance too. Just walk out of the jungle and bam, he's there? Though in all honesty, he figured it would be ridiculous to expect anything different. Hell, it was probably dumb to expect this island to exist...but it was here, wasn't it?

"The bus will take us to the school. You will need to report to the front desk from there." The captain said, walking ahead of everyone.

Mikkish felt the need to check the book again. He put his bag down, unzipped it, saw that the book was there, then zipped it back up, and followed the captain.

mmarage likes this.
  6. mmarage

I flinched and covered my ears when the gunshots went off. "God, I hope that nothing bad happened..." I thought, I continued walking with the rest and then frowned as we saw the part of the city we were in. "I was hoping that a place like this wouldn't exist." I thought, I sighed and then unstrung the bow and took off my quiver and stored them away and briskly walked with everyone, casting nervous glances around... then I saw Mikkish stop and then check for something in his bag. "I wonder what he's looking at... eh... it's probably nothing and it's really rude to ask about their private belongings." I thought.

7. TheApprentice

Mikkish caught Joe looking over at him as he was checking to make sure his book was still in his bag. He was immediately irritated, and as if Joe was going other take it. Knowing there was no reason Joe would want it without taking it, however, Mikkish kept walking and said nothing to Joe.

The group finally made it to King st. Just like the captain said, there was a bus waiting for them. It wasn't a school bus or a public transit bus. It looked like a tour bus.

"The trip will take about one hour. I apologize again for the incident with the boat." He said, walking off on his own somewhere. Two crewmen followed him, but one, who looked about 17, walked onto the bus.

Mikkish walked onto the bus with his bag in hand, even though there was a storage place for bags in the side of the bus. It surprised him little that the trip would take an hour. This city seemed massive, and that was from his view from that ghetto neighborhood.

mmarage likes this.
  8. mmarage

I got onto the bus and decided to carry my things, in case others needed the space, when I found my seat I pulled out a book, the title was 'The Adventures of Detective Ropin', it was by Johnathon Levant, I loved his books, the mysteries were always very complex and if you read everything carefully, everything made sense.

Leon got on the bus, letting Jeremiah, or whatever the hell his name was, to take care of his bags, he didn't really care if others didn't get any baggage space, they should have had the foresight to get their bags on first, he took a seat next to some guy buried in one of his father's books, and began examining the other students, sizing them up, thinking about in what ways he may use them in the future.

9. Keitsumah

Cheza seemed to grow stronger when the heat of the sun pounded against their backs, instead of exhausted. The faint outline of scales under her skin came back again, and she forced herself to avoid looking up at anyone. Her nostrils flared from time to time as the scent of humans grew stronger. She gulped. They were going into the city? Those men had had guns for a reason -and one of those reasons was her. The beast inside snorted, licking its chops and biding its time. Cheza knew that at nightfall, all bets were off.

She had to get somewhere secure before nightfall.

Swallowing, Cheza stepped onto the bus and huddled in a backseat, further away from the others. If she lost control, she could bust out the back and escape before anyone could get hurt.

10. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Ya know something?" David asked as he walked down the bus aisle. "I got this funny feeling something fishy is gonna happen on this bus!" He exclaimed.

"So yeah." He said nodding. "I'd watch out for fish cause when something fishy is afoot its all like....fishy and ya need fishermen to fish up the fish."

A suddenly a frown showed on his face. "I'm sorry I lied. I've just never been fishing, is there fishing magic?"

11. TheApprentice

Mikkish looked at David, amused by his idiocy "Sure, there's fishing magic." He said, not really meaning it.

He looked to his right to a seat behind Joe and another guy with th same color hair. and slid his bag under the seat. Then sat down and scooted over to the window so he could enjoy the scenery.

That's when a monkey started walking down the aisle. A tiny chimp. It was the bus drivers pet. There were strict rules against having pets on the bus, but the driver hated his job so much, he didn't care.

"Hey look! There's a little monkey on here." Mikkish said, pointing it out to everyone he came with, as the engine started and the bus doors closed. The bus then set out on its trip through the city.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    mmarage likes this.
  12. Keitsumah

"Hey look! There's a little monkey on here."

Cheza froze, and her gaze immediately flicked to the aisle. The monkey doddled along on two legs for a moment, then on four, gradually heading in her direction as it examined each of the bus's new inhabitants. But the moment it scented her it froze as well. It smelled the predator hiding just beneath her skin. The beast inside curled it's lip at the monkey. They'd tasted ape before and it wasn't the best -not like jaguar or, better yet, human. It was a cheap immitation.

So Cheza wasn't too surprised to hear a low growl throb in her chest, sending the monkey running back to it's owner with a howl and a screech. Her fangs threatened to poke out from between her lips, and the girl forced the beast to keep from coming out. The beast wanted to play with the poor thing. And it's method of play was no laughing matter.

Still, she couldn't stop the faint shimmer of green feathers that poked up out of her bright red hair, nor the change of her eyes to feral yellow instead of steel grey. Cheza tapped her now clawed fingers against the wall, trying to distract herself. The scent of all these humans was getting to her, and it was irritating the beast now. It's patience wouldn't last long, and by nightfall...

Cheza yelped when something heavy thumped to the floor next to her, then swallowed when she realized that she'd grown a long, barbed tail that currently twitched from side to side like a cat's.

Just keep it under control, Cheza. You can do this. You can do this. she told herself over and over again, folding in on herself and trying to hide her tail.

13. TheApprentice

"Oh, whats wrong little Danny?" The bus driver said, taking his eyes off the road momentarily to pat his afraid monkey on the head. Sitting back up, the bus swerved slightly but violently, as he was about to go into the wrong lane.

Mikkish ignored the thump sound coming from Cheza's seat, and her yelp. His attention was focused on keeping himself from snickering. On the back of Joe's neck, Mikkish saw a leech, wiggling its tail as it sucked on the back of his neck.

Remembering the reason he was coming down the aisle, Danny the monkey started towards the back of the bus again, this time traveling under the seats. The little chimp either had forgotten about Cheza's tail, or mustered up enough courage to pursue his original goal. He soon popped up next to Mikkish.

"Hey chimp, what scared ya?" He asked Danny, smiling.

And that's when Danny jumped on Mikkish's shoulder, dug his hand between his shirt and his back, and snatched a leech of Mikkish, popping it into his mouth.

Mikkish's eyes widened.

"HOLY SHIT! I GOT LEECHES ON ME!" Mikkish yelled, swatting at his back and falling out of his seat and into the aisle. It wasn't just Mikkish and Joe either. Everyone who had come to the island on the boat had leeches crawling on their backs.

mmarage likes this.
  14. mmarage

I looked at everyone as they began flipping out, save for the boy that was next to me who was just laughing as he began popping the leeches off of his back calmly, I couldn't see his face since his back was turned to me. "Oh no... what a rude boy..." I thought, I sighed deeply and began to pull off leeches, knowing that it'd be best not to freak out, I calmly began to take the leeches off of me and merely flick them off of the bus and onto the ground outside, doing my best not to harm the poor little guys. Leon however flicked his leeches onto people that were freaking out on the ground, thinking it would be amusing to make others suddenly feel like other leeches were attacking them.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  15. Keitsumah

Cheza watched the others and, oddly, it had a claming effect on her as a more sensible part of her brain kicked in. Claws and tail retracting somewhat, she said, "Isn't this supposed to be... uh.. a magic school?" the word tasted funny on her tongue. "You can burn off leeches. It gets them to let go. Are any of you guys good with fire?"

16. TheApprentice

"You can burn off leeches. It gets them to let go. Are any of you guys good with fire?"

A light bulb went off in Mikkish's head when he heard Cheza. Fires used to start all the time when he was a kid. It wasn't until he found the book that he learned it was magic, or specifically, pyrokinesis. How he was able to do this by accident in the first place was still a mystery though.

Unfortunately, whenever he started fires as a kid, or practiced pyrokinesis as a teenager, disaster was the result. As he swated at the leeches on his back, the last thing he wanted to do was set the bus on fire. He had learned other magic though. Surely, his knowledge would help him control his pyrokinesis.

Mikkish tried to focus his energy, but the leeches were a great distraction. He took a receipt from his wallet, and attempted to light the very tip on fire. A fire lit, but it was too strong and too much! The whole receipt caught fire, then his hand started burning.

"Ah shit! Why did I think that was a good idea?!" Mikkish yelled, smacking the floor repeatedly, putting out the fire. The leeches on his back began wiggling more frantically, but stayed on him "Doesn't somebody have a lighter?"

Meanwhile, the bus driver ignored what was happening. He simply thought the noise was just kids being loud, and had no caring if someone was covered in leeches or on fire, he just wanted to finish his job.

mmarage likes this.
  17. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Leeches huh?..." said the redheaded girl in a soft yet audible tone while a smile drew on her face.
    "Medicinal creatures some call them, yet a pain they can be, luckily I know a perfect trick to drive them away" stated and then crouched looking at the ground, her index finger moved quickly around it as if it were to be drawing something yet not touching it. The face of Hikaru was completely focused on the task, and after some period her face brightened.
    She looked at Mikkish and then the ground and a smile drew again, was she writing a spell with her finger?, or perhaps spreading some substance on the ground?...... No one of the previous.
    Hikaru picked a hard big and pointy stone and then without even considering of how idiotic her plan was she smashed it against the leeches on the boy's body.

"The best trick to drove a savage creature is to scare them with pain!!!" Exclaimed waving the rock over and over again.

18. TheApprentice

Mikkish started bleeding as the rock came down on the leeches over and over. He continued rolling around and complaining. Not only was he covered in leeches, but now Hikaru was hitting him with rocks.

"Ah! Damnit!" Mikkish yelled "don't you have some other way of getting them off? Or is it just beat up Mikkish day?" He said, as Danny the monkey walked over on all four legs.

Danny then began to finish his original task. One by one, he began plucking each individual leech off of Mikkish, and sucking them like noodles.

"Thats just...." Mikkish was so disturbed by the monkeys enjoyment of the meal, he simply couldn't find the right words.

The rest of the ride went on a little more peacefully. It took a while for everyone to get the leeches off them, but before they all knew it, everyone was leech free.

At last, they had made it. The bus came to the school.

"Get off my bus. I have other places to be!" The bus driver called to everyone on board.

Mikkish didn't waste any time walking off. The last thing he wanted was to wind up with any of the leeches that guy was flinging earlier to wind up on him. Speaking of which, that guys face looked almost exactly like Joe's.

The school was at the top of a green grassy hill. Stairs lead up to the top, where the entrance was. Several buildings could be seen on top, as a matter of fact, all part of the campus. Many students were hanging around, as a matter of fact. Sitting in the grass or the stone fence between the lawn and the sidewalk. Leaning on the wall. Some were studying from books, some socialising, and some were charging up magic. One student charged up fire magic, igniting a flame covering his hand, before screaming and freaking out, to the amusement of several students who were laughing at him.

Mikkish smiled. He didn't do so well in high school, so he never expected to wind up in a college, let alone a magic college.

mmarage likes this.
  19. mmarage

Leon had gotten off of the bus immediately, Jeremy following behind him and quickly grabbing his bags, becoming his pack mule once more.

After I finally got the last leech off of myself, I went back to reading my novel quietly, getting engrossed in it, it was almost time for the detective to reveal who the culprit was... for a few seconds my mind wandered off and I began thinking what I'd say if I were in the detective's position...

Before me the whole Schafer family stood, the crime scene behind me, the five members of the family arguing while the three servants stood out of the way muttering to themselves, all of them looking worried, I paced in front of them. "There's no need to fight anymore... I know who the killer is! The killer is you, Paula Schafer!" I shouted, pointing at the young woman. "You almost got away with it you know, fooling everyone into thinking that a ghost was the culprit, ah... such a fine closed room mystery you created. You did such a good job at fooling everyone, including myself. You put in a fake key into the lock, it was smaller than the actual key that was on your person, so when you inserted the real key it wouldn't slip out, so then if anyone looked into the lock, they'd see 'the key' in the lock, then you were the one that had used the trick to get into the room, and then pulled a quick sleight of hand, replacing the fake with the real one while you were pulling the newspaper with 'the key' on it from under the door, and you made sure to give the real key to someone else in order to make sure that no one could blame you for having the real key on you the whole time if they thought that a trick like this occurred, and due to this trick it would seem that he was killed by the vengeful spirit, it's over, your sins have been lain bare for all to see!" I said, crossing my arms.

I broke out of my little day dream as the bus came to a halt and the bus driver told us to get off, I sighed quietly, I wanted to know now if my solution was correct, it was certainly plausible, and certainly a trick that Johnathon Levant would pull. I put my novel away and grabbed my bags and walked off the bus and looked around amazed, I was from a very poor family, so I didn't know if I'd ever be able to afford going to college, I was smart, I had great grades, however I didn't know if my chances of getting a full scholarship were great... but now here I was, at a college for MAGIC! I mean most people go to be doctors and lawyers and stuff, but I'm going to be going to learn how to be a MAGE! I could barely contain my excitement.

20. Keitsumah

Cheza froze at the last step, eyes widening. Then before the bus-driver could shove her off she bounded after Mikkish. Something about how he handled fire magic made her feel like he could keep the beast at bay if it got out of hand.

A college for magic? Cheza stared, wide-eyed at everything. She hadn't been magical until after her "transformation". She'd only ever through these things were in myth. Swallowing, the girl stuck to him like a shadow and tried to avoid attention -but with a tail, it wasn't that easy.

"Woah! Another shape-shifter! Guys come see this!" she heard someone yell and then she was engulfed by unfamiliar faces. All had the same bright red hair, but that was where the resemblance ended. Their eyes gleamed a feral yellow, and their teeth seemed too sharp when they grinned. Cheza shrunk down, trying to hide, but there was no place to she realized when she backed into a firm wall of flesh.

"So what do you turn into?" one of them asked, then pointed at the huge guy behind her, "Cody's a lycanthrope -a werewolf. I'm a felanthrope."

Cheza paled in realization and tried to make herself even smaller, unable to speak. Then she spied Mikkish walking away, not having realized she was next to him. She darted out and grabbed the tail end of his shirt, trying to stammer out "help me!" but not having too much success.

21. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The eyes of Hikaru shone in front of the view, a childish smile drew on her face while she exclaimed.

"Oh!!! so magic is really real!, I had my suspicions back there with the magical invisible island and stuff, but this confirms it!!"
    Such a big scenary revealed its enchantment upon the teenagers, an spectacle of the unimaginable.

....." So... does anyone know where do we have to go?..." asked the girl still excited

22. TheApprentice

As Mikkish felt the pinch on his shirt, he thought another leech had found it's way under his shirt. He freaked out for a minute, reaching his hand back and expecting to find feel a leech crawling around but his hand met Cheza's wrist instead.

"Wha-" He began, turning around, but stopped when he saw something he had never seen before or thought possible. Back on the bus, Mikkish was too busy with the leeches and fire to notice Cheza, who was struggling with her shape shifting the entire time.

"Holy crap...you have a tail!" Mikkish said, his eyes wide with surprise, as he watched it. Then suddenly a burst of laughter erupted from the other shape shifter students. Some were already in form, from werewolves to neko. Others were only halfway in form or could only change one aspect of themselves, such as sprout wings for example. Then of course there were those who could only be identified as shape shifters by their eyes changing color.

"I guess this is the right place then." Mikkish said with a smirk, though he felt weird being once again 'the new kid.' Then he spotted one other student, a guy, with a tail like Cheza's and his eyes yellow.

"You're, uh, not alone." He said, pointing to the boy.

There were others like her on this island. He figured each acquired an increase in strength and agility when they changed to something else. What happened to her? She seemed frightened...but of what?

mmarage likes this.
  23. Keitsumah

"You're, uh, not alone." He said, pointing to the boy.

Oh yes we are. The beast snapped in the back of Cheza's mind, and the girl flinched. Her whole body shuddered and her legs suddenly snapped backward -her toes extending into wicked talons. The scales stood out even more now, creeping up the back of her neck as her hair went as short as a boy's, then was replaced by green feathers. Her face became sharper, her nose smaller and the nostrils widening. Small fangs could be seen poking out beneath her upper lip, and her arms had lengthened until they almost hit the floor, a strange webbing spreading from her wrists to her hips. The beast roared, wanting to get out and show them all just who they were -just who was the powerful one.

Noticing her change, one of the werewolves growled, a smile tugging at his muzzle. He wanted a fight. But Cheza didn't want one. She wanted to hide. her fear grew and grew until she could no longer contain it. No no no no no! She'd tried to hold it off for too long.

"Don't let me... change!" the last word came out as an unintelligible snarl and Cheza doubled over, spines poking out of her back and shredding her clothes. Her arms fully materialized into wings, and her lower body and tail thickened, became more powerful. She had the body of a creature meant to swoop down on their prey and drag them up into the air, then drop them to their deaths.

But her head was the most fearsome. When it came up, jagged, crystal teeth gleamed in the sunlight, her yellow eyes burning with a secret madness. The scars across her chest bulged and grew, the deep-bass thud of a dragon's heart pulsing thick, fiery blood through her veins.

The beast let loose a feral scream, free at last from its human bindings.

24. TheApprentice

Mikkish looked up at Cheza in her beast form. His instincts told him she was dangerous, but he ignored it. All the other students were shape shifters too, none of them freaked him out, so he had no idea why Cheza did.

The shape shifting students all applauded, looking up at Cheza, impressed.

"Wow, and she's a new girl?"
    "I wonder where she went to school before."
    "I never seen anyone turn into something like THAT before!"

They all started talking about Cheza. She had impressed and gained the love and approval of the entire shape shifting class on her first day.

And of course one guy said
    "She's kind of hot."
    And all the other students present gave him a look that screamed "Dude, wtf?"

Mikkish took this opportunity to try and get to know some of the girls in the group. Spotting a cute girl with large fairy like wings. As he walked over, he used his telepathy to get her attention. The minute she looked at Mikkish, she was automatically captivated by how handsome he was. When he introduced himself, she was enthralled by his voice and charisma. She could not resist him.

Though Mikkish was a handsome guy, a good amount of her reaction was his telepathy at work. It wasn't mind control though. His telepathic abilities influenced her, but her free will was still in tact.

After a few minutes, they walked off to somewhere more private. To do...what you can guess they would do.

Meanwhile, the only other wycanthrope among the other shape shifters was not as amused as everyone else. He couldn't help but feel challenged. Focusing, his skin turned into green scales as well. His tail grew longer as his torso grew thicker with muscle. His eyes changed shape and glew brighter, as his face grew a snout and his teeth lengthened to fangs.

As he launched into the sky to challenge Cheza, everyone below could see obvious differences in appearance between him and Cheza. He had no griffin blood or dragon heart, so he was featherless, and not as muscular as Cheza in this form. He swung his tail around viciously and whipped Cheza across her face.

mmarage likes this.
  25. mmarage

"WAAAAH!" I shouted as I saw Cheza change into a giant flying beast and roar. "I don't know whether to be impressed or frightened!" I thought, I had noticed that Cheza had been a bit tense... was there a chance that she might not be in control of herself right now? Well... I didn't want to take a chance, I quickly took out my bow and strung it and then slung my quiver over my shoulder, pulling out an arrow. It wasn't anything that could cause a lot of damage, it just had a sharpened tip, though it could still pierce through flesh, I didn't know how it would do against scales... I nocked the arrow and watched the scene unfold before me. "C-Cheza!" I shouted as the boy turned into another... whatever that thing was and flew into the air and whipped her across her face with his tail, I pulled the arrow back and aimed at the boy. "Leave her alone or I'll shoot!" I shouted, doing my best not to shake or panic.

Leon was watching the scene unfold from afar and just laughed. "Oh this should be good, too bad I don't have popcorn or this would be perfect!" He thought smirking, he didn't pay much attention to the boy with the bow and arrow, he would likely get mauled by one of those ugly things.